PDA

View Full Version : How yall doing

awaddle
02-04-2009, 04:25 PM
How you doing my name is Austin i am a Sophmore in college at Columbus State in Columbus,Ohio. My best friend and i started a landscaping company our junior year in high school. We have mostly done spring cleanup jobs and mulching. This March were actually doing our first patio so im looking forward to that. I hope to get some good support and information from this cause im looking to keep this business as a career. We are a pretty small now with probably 10 to 12 jobs a season but really hoping to expand this year.

Thanks

Steve
02-05-2009, 05:18 AM
Hi Austin,

Welcome to our forum! What has been your reflection on having a partnership with your lawn care business? What do you like or dislike about it?

What advice do you have for others just getting started in a partnership?

awaddle
02-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Well being in a partnership has been quite a task, It has its highs and lows with getting new customers but sometimes can get tough with money. Our business has been mostly with people we know and family friends. Were really hoping to get more jobs this year and start some contracts. So im really looking for some pointers and ideas to get going more.

Steve
02-15-2009, 11:39 AM
So im really looking for some pointers and ideas to get going more.

I bet you all have many many contact. Are you making sure everyone knows you are in business? Do you hand out business cards to your friends and ask them to pass them along to their parents? Do you have tshirts? Do you wear them at school? Do you have your friends wear them?

Are you working on building buzz?

awaddle
02-16-2009, 09:26 PM
I bet you all have many many contact. Are you making sure everyone knows you are in business? Do you hand out business cards to your friends and ask them to pass them along to their parents? Do you have tshirts? Do you wear them at school? Do you have your friends wear them?

Are you working on building buzz?

Well just about everyone person i know knows i have a landscaping company and we do hand out business cards as much as possible. Most pf our jobs now are just family friends and friends parents houses and what not so im hoping they will tell there friends and get us more busiiness. Its seemed to work like that every year but we have no contracts and thats something we really need.