PDA

View Full Version : Economic Bail Out Plan

CloseCuts
02-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Hey guys was thinking about helping the economy. Offering a special deal for the first 25-50 customers a economic bail out plan of like $35 a cut for year contracts signe and the lot size must be under a 1/2 acre. What do guys think.

Steve
02-03-2009, 05:41 AM
That is a very creative idea.

How would you market this and what would be the attention getting headline of your marketing material?

EasyPro
02-03-2009, 07:49 AM
almost all of my advertisement is going to have an economic twist to it

here is an example

Steve
02-03-2009, 07:54 AM
almost all of my advertisement is going to have an economic twist to it

here is an example

Oh that is very interesting! Now does that go out as a postcard?

Do you make some kind of offer on the other side or do you suggest doing that?

CloseCuts
02-03-2009, 07:58 AM
I think i'm going to put it in the newspapers and also the senior centers newspapers. As for a heading I think if I put Economic Bail Out Plan everyone will want to look at it.

Steve
02-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I think i'm going to put it in the newspapers and also the senior centers newspapers. As for a heading I think if I put Economic Bail Out Plan everyone will want to look at it.
If you can target your marketing to a specific demographic like that, you could also get specific in your headline. Maybe something like...

"Economic stimulus plan just announced for Seniors!"

Or something like that where it is tailored to the specific group.

EasyPro
02-03-2009, 09:36 AM
post card
and it just list our other sevices and tells them to call or visit our pressure washing website (http://www.easypropropertyservices.com)

CloseCuts
02-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey Steve what do you think of this?

Steve
02-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Um, I don't think I have a program that can open that type of file. Can you save it as an image maybe? Or a doc file? Maybe take a screen capture of it and save that as an image?

EasyPro
02-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey Steve what do you think of this?

Honestly it doesn't do anything for me. It has no closing line. Its just another flier for a lawn care co. You need to make it zing. You want an add to make people say yes that weren't even considering it before seeing your ad

JMO

Steve
02-03-2009, 12:24 PM
You need to make it zing.

What advice do you have to offer it more flare?

EasyPro
02-03-2009, 12:29 PM
What advice do you have to offer it more flare?

It just doesn't look professional steve. Too much white space, and it looks like he designed it in Microsoft word . . . If you can't design a nice looking flier don't be afraid of hiring a professional designer

Steve
02-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Can you take a screen shot of it and post it here so I can see it? I can't open the file.

CloseCuts
02-03-2009, 01:35 PM
So DJ,

What would you recommend to me? You say I need to make it zing and that its got to much white and doesn't look professional. What should I do to change it. This is only going into the newspaper. But I'm open for any suggestions.

Steve
02-03-2009, 08:50 PM
I was just reading an article I wanted to share with you that deals with marketing and the current economic state of affairs.

This article talked about the auto industry and said how Chrysler's sales plunged 55% in January. General Motor's sank 49%. Ford's dropped 40%. But a auto manufacturer actually saw their sales increase. Hyundai's sales increased 14%!!!!

Automakers see big sales declines in January (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28996904/) - Hyundai credited its increase to its offer to cover a new vehicle’s depreciation if customers return a car within 12 months because they are unable to make the payments.

“This program gets to the root cause of today’s economic concerns — fear of job loss,” Hyundai regional general manager Peter DiPersia said in a statement.

Now how about that for a marketing tie in!

Tell me your thoughts on that and if it inspires your marketing ideas.

swstout
02-03-2009, 09:36 PM
I thought this might be a good idea until I started talking to some of my neighbors. I will be 60 in about 2 weeks and have a different outlook - so do my neighbors (we're all old).

All think that the economic bailout is nothing more than a joke that will just raise prices. The things coming out in the news constantly just ad to their fears. All think that Congress is just saving their jobs and are not the least interested in America's.

One of my neighbors, Jake (89) said "Jobs will correct the economy. What they need to do is go through the "stimulus plan" and eliminate any proposal that doesn't create 1,000 permanent private sector jobs. The 800 page plan could be reduced to 50 pages and cut $500,000,000,000.00."

The point is, everyone is sick of hearing about stimulus plans.

Maybe a back door approach would be more effective. 72% of the American people are against the plan. Possibly, "Forget about the over priced Economic Stimulus Plan, See us for real savings and value." Have your ad play on their emotions.

EasyPro
02-04-2009, 12:01 AM
So DJ,

What would you recommend to me? You say I need to make it zing and that its got to much white and doesn't look professional. What should I do to change it. This is only going into the newspaper. But I'm open for any suggestions.

Recomendation number uno - don't waste money on an expensive ad in the newspaper!!!! Buy a little one liner in the classified section that says quality lawn care and your web address and phone number . . I have one that cost me 15 a month and says

www.CheapPowerWashing.com
502-525-3279

spend your money on joing the CoC and BBB that will bring in far more than a news paper ad

Steve
02-04-2009, 07:53 AM
spend your money on joing the CoC and BBB that will bring in far more than a news paper ad

DJ, I think you are well advanced in your ways of social networking and marketing. Do you have any advice as to what targets a lawn care business owner should be hitting as far as where they get their new customers from?

What % should come from newspaper ads and what % of new customers should come by way of social organizations you are a member of? Or anywhere else?

EasyPro
02-04-2009, 08:35 AM
DJ, I think you are well advanced in your ways of social networking and marketing. Do you have any advice as to what targets a lawn care business owner should be hitting as far as where they get their new customers from?

What % should come from newspaper ads and what % of new customers should come by way of social organizations you are a member of? Or anywhere else?

Depends on how much you advertise and where

CloseCuts
02-04-2009, 06:34 PM
thanks for the info everyone.

Steve
02-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Here is more on this topic.

It seems a lot of businesses are jumping on the economy to help sell.

How about this idea from Denny's?

Denny's free breakfast grand slam (http://money.cnn.com/2009/02/03/news/companies/dennys_breakfast.fortune/index.htm?postversion=2009020411)
As promised in its Super Bowl ad, the chain served breakfast on the house to get its message across. - There are a lot of unhappy lines in this recession, but this wasn't one of them. The people that snaked around Denny's restaurant in Avenel, N.J., may have been cold and wet, but no one was complaining as they stood in the snow, waiting for the restaurant chain to disprove the old myth that there's no such thing as a free lunch (or in this case, breakfast).

Now if you read the article, you will see the restaurant will break even on the promotion if the customer buys a drink or a coffee! How about that!

They served more than 5 times their normal volume on that day.

Does this get you thinking?