PDA

View Full Version : SuperBowl

CloseCuts
02-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Man what did you guys think of that game last night. I don't care for either team but I have to say that is got to be one of the best SuperBowls I've ever seen. They both played a hell of a game and it was a shame that someone had to lose.

legendlawn
02-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Ditto. I was going for the Cardinals tho. I wanted to see Kurt Warner get another one and lock up the hall of fame. He still had a hell of a game tho with a 112 passer rating. Probably going to the hall anyways. Also, it might have been one of the best in history, if the refs didnt blow a couple of calls. First of all Warners arm was clearly going forward on that last play. At the very least it should have been reviewed. Also on the drive before when Santonio Holmes caught a touchdown pass he used the football as a prop in a celebration, which should have been called a personal foul for a 15 yd. penalty. Many have been penalized and fined for alot less this season. With these two blown calls the Cardinals would have had one more play and a hell of alot closer to the Pittsburgh end zone to make something happen.

CloseCuts
02-02-2009, 10:30 PM
I agree with you. I was also hoping the cards. would win.

Steve
02-03-2009, 04:39 AM
I was surprised I didn't see more talk on here about the SuperBowl.

Which of the commercials or performers did you like most?

legendlawn
02-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Honestly, I thought that the commercials were a dissapointment. While not my type of music, Bruce Springsteen put on a hell of show. You gotta love how he plays the crowd

Steve
02-03-2009, 08:57 AM
The video of the song is online.

Great stuff!

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FDkJ6XHO3Qc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FDkJ6XHO3Qc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

jimlewis
02-11-2009, 03:00 AM
That was a great Superbowl. But I could have done without Springsteen. In fact, I left the room for a while when he was on. He's too political these days. I prefer musicians and actors who aren't in my face telling me how they think I should vote. But that's probably just me.

Great game, though!

Steve
02-11-2009, 10:42 AM
That was a great Superbowl. But I could have done without Springsteen. In fact, I left the room for a while when he was on. He's too political these days. I prefer musicians and actors who aren't in my face telling me how they think I should vote. But that's probably just me.\

That reminds me of the concert for New York, within a month of the twin towers coming down from the terrorist attack. A concert promoter put on this great show at Madison Square Garden and it was packed with firefighters and policemen. All in uniform. The concert is going along great and they have different actors coming on stage to introduce different musicians.

As this is going on a camera will look into the audience and all these emergency service officers are holding up pictures of their brothers who died when the buildings collapsed on them and Richard Gere walks on stage. He starts talking about how we need peace and we shouldn't retaliate and I thought OMG the entire audience is going to rush the stage and string him up right then and there.