PDA

View Full Version : Accepting Credit Cards In Your Business...

ritch
01-31-2009, 10:49 PM
Hello. I wanted to introduce myself as new to the forum. I would also like to give a special offer to anyone that may be interested. I am offering to waive the $27.00 set up fee on ChargeOnPhone.com to get a merchant account set up so you can accept credit cards on your cell phone. If you are interested you can call me at 1-888-879-8198 and ask for Philip.

Steve
02-01-2009, 04:44 AM
Hi Ritch or Philip?,

Do you find many lawn care business owners use such a service? How can they benefit from it?

ritch
02-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi Steve. Yes, we see a number of lawn care, yard care and landscapers using this service. It is a mobile way to accept credit cards without having to buy an expensive wireless terminal and without all the monthly fees usually associated with it. All you need is your cell phone.

Also, just a having a merchant account allows you to accept payment from some who would otherwise not be able to pay cash. Especially in this market since many are strapped for cash.

It is also great if you have any customers that you may owe you money but cannot afford to pay right now. Just let them know you accept credit cards and you can do it right there on there door step if necessary.

clarklandscaping
02-01-2009, 10:49 PM
I looked at your website but find your fees a little on the high side, im paying 2.12% with Authorize.net. I also have the ability to capture credit cards "wirelessly" so whats the reason for such high fees? Are you just reselling someones service? Even Paypal offers lower fees than you and has the ability to capture CC via your cell phone.

ritch
02-02-2009, 10:21 AM
I looked at your website but find your fees a little on the high side, im paying 2.12% with Authorize.net. I also have the ability to capture credit cards "wirelessly" so whats the reason for such high fees? Are you just reselling someones service? Even Paypal offers lower fees than you and has the ability to capture CC via your cell phone.

Good question. Our services do not have any mid qualified or non qualified rates that get charged whenever you accept rewards cards, business cards, etc. which can close to double your rate. Also, we do not have a cents per transaction fee.

c4trash
02-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Hello. I wanted to introduce myself as new to the forum. I would also like to give a special offer to anyone that may be interested. I am offering to waive the $27.00 set up fee on ChargeOnPhone.com to get a merchant account set up so you can accept credit cards on your cell phone. If you are interested you can call me at 1-888-879-8198 and ask for Philip.
In these tough economic times I wouldnt offer that option
its an unnecessary burden Im putting on my clients having to load the additional charges into my quotes
As you will see from my posts elsewhere I dont even accept checks
I price my jobs competitively and with most customers my business is CASH ON COMPLETION or I get a deposit
The only customers I invoice (and they pay via Direct Credit or Internet Banking) are my Corporates or those who have been with me over 12months
While some peoples attitude maybe who cares as long as I get paid
Ask yourself the question
"What happens if the customer agrees to a job and you do it and the card is declined"
In our line of work you cant repossess the goods
http://www.gopherforum.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

Steve
02-02-2009, 04:39 PM
"What happens if the customer agrees to a job and you do it and the card is declined"

I think you can pre-approve a credit card order before you process it.

c4trash
02-02-2009, 05:00 PM
I think you can pre-approve a credit card order before you process it.

Maybe but it in the end someone pays the extra fee whether its you or the client
Also its not an instance process
Over here you can get a mobile EFTPOS terminal taxi drivers, pizza deliverys etc use them
that way payments are immediate
This way if you have one your clients don't need to go to a cash machine or have the cash and your money is transfered immediately
In the long run I see it as an extra cost in the end it has to be recovered