PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Lawn Mowing Business on a shoestring

c4trash
01-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi there fellow members
I have been having discussions with Steve in the thread Introduce Yourself
If you haven't picked up on it go and check it out and let me know if you are interested in where the discussion is going
If there is enough interest shown then I may consider writing a few guides which I can make available to members
While I may not be familiar with the prices of goods and equipment laws and legal structures in the USA (I live in New Zealand) some of the advise I will give is universal and can be adapted to any country so I will avoid where I can quoting figures If I have to they will only be estimates which are converted to $US at the current exchange rates
Examples
The Pros and Cons of Franchising or buying a business
How to start from scratch with little or no money or resources and still earn a living

Steve
01-31-2009, 04:07 PM
The Pros and Cons of Franchising or buying a business

I responded to this in your other post but I will here as well.

What do you like or dislike about the franchise concept? Have you eperimented with them or known anyone who has? Have they seen positive or negative results from it?

c4trash
01-31-2009, 04:42 PM
I responded to this in your other post but I will here as well.

What do you like or dislike about the franchise concept? Have you experimented with them or known anyone who has? Have they seen positive or negative results from it?
Steve
Thats a story all on its own and is based on knowing people who have been burned by them or made promises that went kept and since sold up or just based on my own research
Go to Google and under Advanced Search type in Lawn mowing under exact word and Franchise under all these words and you will find literally 1000s of hits including businesses for sale
Some of the people who used to have franchise I now employ as casuals