PDA

View Full Version : Now Accepting New 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN Providers

adamchrap
01-29-2009, 05:37 AM
Vegetation Control Co. of NE OH is happy to announce that it will be leasing out the toll free vanity number “1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN” across the USA as of March 1st 2009. The way this will work is each provider will select the zip codes they want to become there territory. They will then be charged a monthly fee for those zip codes. The prospective customer will call 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN and be asked to enter the zip code of the property to be serviced. All calls that come into 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN from their territory will be immediately routed to the provider. The plans will include unlimited calls and minutes. Plans will cost $49.95 a month for the first zip code and $4.95 a month for each additional zip code with a onetime $199 setup fee. With the setup fee the provider will get one set of vinyl 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN graphics for one truck, additional sets can be purchased or the provider can have their own made locally. Vegetation Control Co. of NE OH has been using this number exclusively in rural North East Ohio for a few years and it has worked very well for them. To our knowledge we are priced at least 50% less than our cheapest competitor. This is NOT a franchise, we take no royalties and we don’t tell anyone how to run their business. For more information
E-mail: sales@1800MowMyLawn.com
Phone: 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN and select option 2 from the main prompt.

Steve
01-29-2009, 06:03 AM
Hi Adam,

Welcome to our forum.

Do you offer answering services too?

adamchrap
01-29-2009, 06:13 AM
Thank you,
We do not offer answering services but we can set up our customers with a voice mail box for a additional price. When a voice mail is left it will be e-mailed to the provider.

Steve
01-29-2009, 06:17 AM
Adam,

I really think this could be huge for you. Many many times we talk about how most lawn care business owners, especially if they are small, they don't answer their phones.

If you could offer that service, WOW! It would be the perfect add on for you too.

What was the inspiration to your business getting started?

adamchrap
01-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Vegetation Control Co. of NE Ohio is our company, we are located in North East Ohio and do Lawn care locally under the name Chrapowicki Farms Complete Property Maintenance. We have had this number for years but didn't do much with it as we didn't realize what we had. We really started pushing the number and advertising it last year and it did great things for our business. We started thinking about the fact that we have no use for the number in the rest of the country and that this could be something that would work well for other people.

Steve
01-29-2009, 06:36 AM
Very interesting!

Adam, you know what else could be really cool. You could get some lawn care marketing material together that wouldn't have a business name on it, but instead your phone number and then you could sell these door hangers or flyers.

Maybe you could have a blank section on the flyer or door hanger that a lawn care company could use to run through their printer to put their specific company information or something like that.

It could help you build the brand and then maybe the marketing material could be offered to the business owner for a price cheaper than they could buy printed material because you buy it in bulk.

In fact why not have some large truck graphics they could buy from you too! It would be a great way for a new lawn care business owner to get this entire marketing package!

What's your thoughts on something like that?

adamchrap
01-29-2009, 06:52 AM
We have plans to do all of that in the future as we progress. With our sign up fee we are including one set of truck graphics and more can be purchased for under $50 per set. I really like the idea of the answering service, I have another tool I think I will bundle with it. The tool is called "Find Me". What it does is rings three different numbers at the same time like cell, office, and home. When one picks up it transfers the call to that location. It would work like this. The customer calls 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN, Inputs zip code, then the call is routed to the Find Me tool, it then rings all the numbers until picked up and if not then it will be transferred to their voice mail and a .wav or .mp3 (there choice) is e-mailed to them.

Steve
01-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Those are some good ideas!

Also what about some kind of way people can search for lawn care service in their area by entering a zip code and it will pull up a service provider?

Do you have any pictures of the graphics you have so far?

adamchrap
01-29-2009, 07:16 AM
That is how the 800 number works. We plan on adding it to the web page later. I will get pictures of the graphics, they are being printed now.

Steve
01-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Who do you think is best suited for your service? A newer start up lawn care business, one that has been around for a year or two or one that has been around for quite a while?

adamchrap
01-29-2009, 07:43 AM
That is the great thing, it will work for anyone. It can help a new business get established, it can help one that has been around for a few years grow or it can help a large business grow and provide a convenience to their existing customers.

Steve
01-29-2009, 10:14 AM
I think that is fantastic.

Well, I hope you are able to stick around for a while and share your business wisdom with our forum members and promote your services at the same time.

adamchrap
02-05-2009, 10:06 PM
We currently have signed up our first providers, got the new web page up and everything seams to be going smooth!

Steve
02-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Congratulations! You should get some testimonials and plaster them all over the place :)

adamchrap
02-08-2009, 02:05 PM
lol, I will be using testimonials for sure once we have been up and running for some time.