PDA

View Full Version : Hey!

FuzzEE29
01-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey,

I'm new to this forum. It looks to be like it is a very helpful forum for starting and achieving great things for you lawn company. Well anyways let me introduce myself, I'm Zac Smith and I just graduated from HS in 2008 and I have always loved to cut grass and wanted to start my own Business. Do you absolutely need to go to college to start up a business and keep in running? If so, what classes do you take and what do you major in? With the economy like it is now I'm sure its hard to do especially because I'm in Michigan. So I just want to get some tips and maybe a outline on how to go about starting my own business with all the rules regulations and laws that I would have to go through or what I should do. Also I wanted to get into the snowplowing part of the business to keep the money coming in through the winter and what all those regulations and laws. Thanks guys!

Steve
01-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi Zac,

Welcome to our forum!

Do you absolutely need to go to college to start up a business and keep in running? If so, what classes do you take and what do you major in?

Do you have any thoughts on what kind of major would interest you? Would you like business, marketing or maybe something else?

legendlawn
01-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Hey Zac,
I went to college for a couple years and completed two years towards a business management degree. With that and some other ensenuating circumstances I came home and got into the lawn and landscape industry. I worked for someone else for a few seasons and then started my own business last year. I still plan on finishing my degree, but with the business, I will probably have to do it online. I can definitely say that those two years helped me alot. If you decide not to go and get into the business on a large scale, going back to school is tough.