PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on truck graphics

Spartan
01-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Guys ~

We're ready to go. I finally got my truck logo'ed and the trailer is next. Welcome to Spartan Lawn & Landscape. Let's get this game going. Question: I'm about to do a bunch of advertising in our local city heralds. There's four quadrants that circulate over 65,000 papers within a 10 mile radius. Since I'm new, I was going to add a picture of my truck to the advertisement to give people a secure feeling that we're a professional outfit. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks everyone,

Mr. Spartan

Steve
01-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Ok I wanna be the first to vote for the hottest lawn care truck of 2009 !

Great job! Can you tell us a little about how they did that?

Since I'm new, I was going to add a picture of my truck to the advertisement to give people a secure feeling that we're a professional outfit. Any thoughts or ideas?

Why not put a picture of you in it as well! Get a double bang for the buck. Then they will already have seen you before you make your first contact in person!

I'm about to do a bunch of advertising in our local city heralds. There's four quadrants that circulate over 65,000 papers within a 10 mile radius.

What made you decide to go with the paper advertising like this?

Spartan
01-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the response and compliment. I had a local vehicle graphics design company wrap the truck in vinyl. They did a great job and I get a bunch of looks that will hopefully become business.

I deal with a bunch of local store owners that told me that they get great responses back from the heralds. Therefore, I was going to give it a try.

I've sent out flyers. Advertise monthly in many HOA newsletter. Starting to work with banks on foreclosure properties and real estate brokers with rental properties. Now we'll try this.

I know that the responses will probably start coming in in March, but I'm jumping in as fast as I can.

clarklandscaping
01-27-2009, 06:46 PM
The truck wrap looks awesome man but can I ask why did you choose not to purchase a white vehicle? If it was a personal vehicle that you had previous to your lawn care business the answer is obvious. I just dont understand why there are some that dont use white, theres a reason why "most" choose this color and it has nothing to do with price or insurance rates. Its because beleive it or not it stands out more than any other color, especially with vinyl stuck to it, and it is a non provoking color to all. It also looks clean as this is what you want your customers or potential to think.
Im not trying to poop on your thread or your vinyl, as I said before i think it looks great. Just thinking out loud and hopefully get some responses.

ritchiem
01-27-2009, 08:29 PM
I would love to do a feature post about your truck wrap on The Lawn Blog. Email me if you are interested.

Cheers,

Steve
01-27-2009, 11:08 PM
I deal with a bunch of local store owners that told me that they get great responses back from the heralds. Therefore, I was going to give it a try.

It sounds like you really are doing a great job networking! Can you give everyone a little advice on what they should be doing? How do you know so many local store owners?

Can you take your theme even further? Could you wear a spartan hat while mowing your lawns? Could you wear it while you are out and about driving?

Could something like this help create a buzz about you and your lawn care?

Also, could you alter your trailer to make it look like a Chariot?

I've sent out flyers. Advertise monthly in many HOA newsletter.

Which have you liked better so far?

justin_time
01-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Wow, I love that truck wrap, now you got me thinking of getting one myself haha. I've started to search who does that around here

Spartan
01-28-2009, 07:08 AM
It sounds like you really are doing a great job networking! Can you give everyone a little advice on what they should be doing? How do you know so many local store owners??

Growing up here has been a plus, but I would say to go out and purchase a couple shirts and get them embroidered with your logo or screen printed and go out and introduce yourself and your company to potential customers.

I wear an embroidered shirt and embroidered pullover with kahki pants. I also carry a folder with my literature and copy of licenses and insurance in plastic see through page covers, just in case. And carry a bunch of business cards.

Steve
01-28-2009, 08:47 AM
That is fantastic!

I've sent out flyers. Advertise monthly in many HOA newsletter.
Which have you liked better so far?

FaccLndscpng
01-29-2009, 03:48 PM
I think the truck looks great! Must have been expensive, I have my truck lettered just two doors and tail gate and it was like almost $300.00. I will get some pics as soon as I can get it working.

CloseCuts
01-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Thats a sharp looking truck.

adamchrap
02-03-2009, 07:33 AM
Not to hijack the post but I decided to do a little more with my new truck this year as well.

Steve
02-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Oh that is very sweet! Can you tell us a little about what you did with your truck graphics?

adamchrap
02-04-2009, 07:15 AM
First we run all white trucks, I think any advertisement really sticks out on a white truck. Basically I had a vinyl shop do signs for the doors, put 1-800-MOW-MY-LAWN an the truck bed and the bottom is a picture of actually grass then they wrapped everything from the lower body line down with it. Wasn't to big of a job and cost around $1500 total but man it realy pops and I get alot of comments about it.

ritchiem
02-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Here ya go Clete...I made a post on The Lawn Blog - Pro (http://www.pro.thelawnblog.com)

http://www.pro.thelawnblog.com/?p=8

Spartan
02-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the write up, Richard! It's much appreciated. Now I need the website styling!

Clete

Steve
02-05-2009, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the write up, Richard! It's much appreciated. Now I need the website styling!

Clete,

If you were to add another truck to your fleet, would you do anything differently the next time with your graphics or are you happy with the results and would repeat it?

Spartan
02-07-2009, 06:44 AM
It depends on how I wrap the trailer. Once I get to where we need another vehicle, it will be a box truck with a dove tail. We're probably going to do the green and flower with a collage scene incorporated in it. But I know that the look on the trailer will be the overall company look for all trucks.

Steve
02-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Once I get to where we need another vehicle, it will be a box truck with a dove tail.

What do you like about those types of trucks?

abby
02-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I made the mistake of buying magnetic signs for my truck last year, not such a good experience. Shortly after they started to curl and by winter in the cold they were useless. I guess the vinyl shrinks with the temp change and the magnet doesn't anyways just a thought if you are thinking of going this route.

Spartan
02-08-2009, 07:00 AM
What do you like about those types of trucks?

My belief, outside of the security oif the equipment inside the truck, is identity branding of a new company with it logo wrapped. With a box truck I'm able to get our name out more vs an open truck. Eventually, open trailers will come into play.

Polands lawn care
02-12-2009, 07:35 PM
That is a really nice job, lots of color and a good eye catcher. Hope it gets lots of calls for you.

lawnofthemonth
03-27-2009, 08:06 PM
man your truck looks awesome!