PDA

View Full Version : Tax Questions?

lawnsalonforyou
01-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi guys!! Well I've gotten started and I think I'm off to an OK start!?!?! This is all brand new to me so I really don't have anything to compare this January to. I set up my website...got about 200 fliers out so far...more to come, and Ive got a few calls back. But everyone that requested a quote signed up for annual service. So far I've got 4 annual clients in two weeks of work!! My question is...I live in Alabama but I live on the border of AL and Georgia. So I will service both places. Should I be charging tax on my invoices? If so how much and where would I even go to find out that info?? I Googled tax on services in AL and GA but I'm hitting dead ends. What do you guys do??

p.s. check out my website! I would love any feedback or comments on how to make it better??
http://www.lawnsalonforyou.com

Steve
01-27-2009, 11:46 AM
I LOVE the website especially the about us page! Have you considered putting that together and sending it to your local news papers and television stations, along with that great picture?

I bet they would do a spot on you!

As far as the tax question goes, that is a good one. First, I don't know if you need to collect sales tax on lawn services in your state and then I don't know if you need to collect sales tax to services you apply out of state. I am thinking the second one is no because it usually applies to only instate.

My best advice on this would be to contact a local book keeper and see if you can sit down with them for a half hour and ask them some questions. That way you will get up and started on the right foot.

Let me know what you think of all that.

lawnsalonforyou
01-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks a bunch! Those are some really great ideas that I am definitely going to take advantage of!

XOXOXO

Tianna

Steve
01-27-2009, 12:06 PM
You're welcome. Keep me posted on how that goes because the news is always looking for a new story. You could get a lot of attention!