PDA

View Full Version : Tool Boxes Are A Must

CloseCuts
01-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey guys don't know if this subject has been brought up or not. I dunno how many people have them or not but everyone needs a good tool box. Alot of things can happen when your out on the road. You really need to be prepared for it all. Also there is the thought of trailor or on your truck. It's nice to have one on the trailor because you won't take up space in your truck for your smaller jobs. But if you don't take your trailor and you need to fix something then you don't have your tools. Whats everyon's opinion on this? Also what type of tools does everyone carry?

justin_time
01-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey guys don't know if this subject has been brought up or not. I dunno how many people have them or not but everyone needs a good tool box. Alot of things can happen when your out on the road. You really need to be prepared for it all. Also there is the thought of trailor or on your truck. It's nice to have one on the trailor because you won't take up space in your truck for your smaller jobs. But if you don't take your trailor and you need to fix something then you don't have your tools. Whats everyon's opinion on this? Also what type of tools does everyone carry?

There's already a thread started

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7520&highlight=tool+box

Steve
01-27-2009, 12:18 AM
Carrying it on your truck or trailer is a good question too.

I think Keith was recently talking about how you need to have your tools with you at all times to make quick work of easy jobs. If you don't have your tools, then you need to run around trying to get the right tool to repair a mailbox that has come loose or whatever else the homeowner asks you to do.

What have you found yourself carrying in your toolbox? Have you ever been stuck without a tool you needed? What happened then?

CloseCuts
01-28-2009, 10:21 AM
I carry all the hand tools and even a drill. Also you have to have a nice jack. You need ropes, bungees, first aid kit is a must. I havn't been stuck out anywhere without the right tool so far. Knock on wood. But you can never be over prepared but you can always be unprepared

ritchiem
01-28-2009, 10:30 AM
I have this under my seat

http://a116.g.akamai.net/7/116/8068/infinite/www.canadiantire.ca/media/images/products/images/Assortments/PrimaryAssortments/Tools/MechanicsTools/Sockets/SocketSets/0589270_450_CC_v1_m56577569830809627.jpg

I also carry a

- hammer
- set of pliers
- electrical tape
- zip ties
- roll of wire
- wire cutters
- full set of fuses
- and other odds and ends

I keep them all in my front mounted tool box on my trailer.