PDA

View Full Version : When to send out the first flyers of the season.

MattLuciano
01-26-2009, 03:25 PM
I was wondering when would be the best time to send out my Lawn Cutting flyers. My business is based out of South Jersey and the winter doesnt really break until March 1st sometimes even the second week of March. I dont want to put flyers out too early and waste them on customers that arent thinking about lawn care yet. Any suggestions??

CloseCuts
01-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey Matt,

With flyers there always hit and miss. I don't know how many flyers you have or willing to get. I don't know what your customer base is but i will tell you what i do. I'm based out of Milford, DE so I'm not to far from you. I normally hand out about 1000 right now to key areas. Concentrate on your money developements and the areas you already have customers at. Then towards the end of Feb. I do the same thing all over again. And then I do that one more time at the beg. of March. Try that out and I'm sure you'll get alot of work. And you don't have to hand out 1000 you can hand out more or less.

Steve
01-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Hi Matt,

You should read this post.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=8009

In it, one of our forum members was talking about this exact issue and he said

I watch the big box stores.They spend millions in research so when they start to ad for out door,you do the same.

I thought this was a great concept. Maybe it will help you?

MattLuciano
01-27-2009, 12:03 PM
How do I put pictures of my flyers and business cards up on a post?? I wanted your opinions on what I have made up. I have the images scanned into my computer, but i cant seem to find the URL

MattLuciano
01-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Let me know what you think.

Steve
01-27-2009, 12:20 PM
When you make a post, scroll down a bit and look for the button Manage Attachments and you can add images there.

Try it out and let me know if it works.

Steve
01-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Matt, I like what you are doing.

If I can offer any advice it would be to take your business name and logo off the top and put an eye catching headline there.

Maybe something like "Get One Free Cut *"

And then have the * at the bottom of the flyer explaining the deal.

That way you will catch the readers eye and get a chance to have them actually read and save your flyer.

What are your thoughts on that?

justin_time
01-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Put "Dont Gamble on your lawn care" on top of your flyer, then you can swape that with your buiness name, you don't want your reader to just through your flyer in the garbage, you want to grab his attention