PDA

View Full Version : Glad I Found This

chipster
01-22-2009, 05:14 PM
I am new to this site. I have been in landscaping for years and it's good to find so many good guys out there. Hopefully this will be something worth while for me to learn a little more and associate better.
chipster

musician/lawnman
01-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Well welcome to the forum Chipster

Steve
01-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Hi Chipster,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business? Do you have any advice for others just getting started?

chipster
01-23-2009, 01:45 PM
I have been in the industry for 7 years now. I am a owner/operator who prefers to work alone because nobody works to my standards for reasonable rates. I have helped a few guys get started in the business and tell that they shouldn't be afraid of any hard work. There is lot of competition in our area and i tell that referrals will be there best friends.

Steve
01-23-2009, 09:16 PM
i tell that referrals will be there best friends.

Do you have any advice as to the best ways to get referrals?

chipster
01-25-2009, 04:59 PM
One thing I have learned in all my years of being self employed is that a little goes a long way. It's the little things that you do to help someone out, spend a few extra minutes to do something extra, and the biggest thing that has helped with referrals is communication.

Steve
01-25-2009, 11:22 PM
One thing I have learned in all my years of being self employed is that a little goes a long way. It's the little things that you do to help someone out, spend a few extra minutes to do something extra, and the biggest thing that has helped with referrals is communication.

I think a lot of times when we learn, we all learn better from example. Something solid we can wrap our minds around vs. a concept.

When you say it's the little things you do to help someone out, can you give us an example of something you did that you felt good about and the customer did as well?