PDA

View Full Version : Here's my new logo

musician/lawnman
01-21-2009, 09:54 PM
I have other images I use too, but for instance.... I want to have a bunch of new uniform shirts made (maybe hats too) for the guys going into this season but I needed a good one color logo to imprint on that stuff. I did full color heat press shirts last time (last spring) & they have cracked & peeled already. They look like crap now. I want to do a single color screen print. So here's what I have come up with so far for the design. I have it white on green because that's most likely the shirt color & print color I'll use.

Thoughts?

justin_time
01-21-2009, 10:04 PM
I love it Chuck, it's gonna look awesome on a t-shirt and other stuff

Steve
01-22-2009, 12:17 AM
I like it because it's good, solid and simple!

I look forwards to seeing it on a shirt and hat!

jimlewis
02-11-2009, 03:10 AM
Who designed that logo, and how much did you pay?

VPS Lawn Care
02-11-2009, 06:12 AM
Hey Chuck, I like the new Logo, I am a big fan of simple LOGO'sm i think they stick in the mind better, and are easier to remember.

musician/lawnman
02-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Who designed that logo, and how much did you pay?

Jim,

I designed it from scratch myself. Why do you ask? Need a logo done? Pm me with what you'd like or any ideas you have for it. I'll see what I can do.
-Chuck

Steve
02-11-2009, 10:19 AM
I have always liked Jim's marketing and image. I think his red logo is bold and really stands out. There are not too many red lawn care business logos out there. It was a great move to do that.

jimlewis
02-11-2009, 01:37 PM
I just asked because it didn't look like it was done by a professional designer. And I don't mean any offense by that. I know everyone's sensitive to their own work. That's why I asked. I didn't want to start ripping on your work.

It's not bad. I'd say it's about as good as most lawn care companies. It's just that it could be better. A professional graphic designer could take that concept and make it look really top notch.

For around $100-$200 you could have a professional designer make you something really catchy like this;

http://www.lawn-tek.com/images/header/lawnTekHeader2.jpg

or this;

http://www.preferredlandscapeservices.com/images/header_logo.jpg

or this;

http://www.logodesignteam.com/landscaping-logo-design/landscaping-logo-design2.jpg

or this;

http://www.sneakyproductions.net/images/groundfx%20logo%20final.jpg

Just some examples.

musician/lawnman
02-11-2009, 02:29 PM
aaaahhhhh, No Mr. Jim. I do understand your point. However as I stated at the start of this thread. I am going for a simple, single color design on this one for screen printing on uniform shirts.

I have other logos & designs done I've done in full color that do look better. I still realize even those could look better for a couple hundred bucks, But hey.... I'll settle for pretty damn good for free right now.

The t shirts will look something like this:
I am also including a full color logo I designed last week for my Aunt who own an in-home-nursing business for the elderly just to show you some other work I've done.

VPS Lawn Care
02-11-2009, 11:52 PM
aaaahhhhh, No Mr. Jim. I do understand your point. However as I stated at the start of this thread. I am going for a simple, single color design on this one for screen printing on uniform shirts.

I have other logos & designs done I've done in full color that do look better. I still realize even those could look better for a couple hundred bucks, But hey.... I'll settle for pretty damn good for free right now.

The t shirts will look something like this:
I am also including a full color logo I designed last week for my Aunt who own an in-home-nursing business for the elderly just to show you some other work I've done.

Hey Chuck, I think the new Design for your tee's are great. As i have said before, i am a fan of simple and to the point. Again, great job.

Steve
02-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Chuck,

Great logo design for your aunt! I bet she is super pleased with you.

The shirts look great too! Do you have a company making the shirts? Anyone you can refer to us?

Spartan
02-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Hey Chuck ~

the logo and shirts look great. Now go make some big money!

Clete

musician/lawnman
02-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Chuck,

Great logo design for your aunt! I bet she is super pleased with you.

The shirts look great too! Do you have a company making the shirts? Anyone you can refer to us?

Yeah my Aunt loves it. Then I showed her how to get the image into microsoft word so she can use it on her letter head.

As far as the printing company.... We'll see I have a few I'm looking at.
not sure yet. Of course price is a factor but so is quality. Even with my band's t shirts it's aggrivating. I have shirts from tons of bands some of which I bought at concerts in the early 90's & they still look good. The shirts my band printed 2 years ago look like crap. I have shirts from my mower dealer that look nice, yet my current uniform shirts are pealing & look like hell.
AAARRRGGGG what the hell, I have no luck with em' at least not as of yet.

justin_time
02-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Well I can't wait to see those t-shirts ;) :D