PDA

View Full Version : Post Cards are in

picframer
01-19-2009, 08:51 PM
I ordered these online about 10 days ago and am very happy with the quality of the printing and the stock the printer used. Although they are post cards I designed the back to be full color, Canada Post allows me to select very specific areas these will be delivered, I considered addressed mail but the cost is just too high. I also though I could hand them out to current woodworking clients and I am renting a table at the Spring Home Show.

Andy

Steve
01-19-2009, 09:44 PM
I like the postcard design you came up with. Did you create it all yourself or was it based on a template?

On the front part of the card at the lower right there is a brown circle area.

Is that designed to write in a price or no?

How many did you get printed and when are you going to start distributing them?

picframer
01-20-2009, 01:50 AM
I like the postcard design you came up with. Did you create it all yourself or was it based on a template?

On the front part of the card at the lower right there is a brown circle area.

Is that designed to write in a price or no?

How many did you get printed and when are you going to start distributing them?

Good Morning:

This is a Vistaprint template, the lower right hand corner is to place a 10% off etc. I don't want to head down that road, at least yet.

I had 1,500 printed. I will start by sending them to woodworking clients in March, this will be direct mail with a cover letter letting them know of the new business, then in April at the same time as the Spring home show I will do a mail drop.

Once that has settled down, we have the largest and oldest farmers market in Canada, about 9,000 people through on a Saturday morning, I have many good connections with vendors there and will hand them out there also.

thx
Andy

Steve
01-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Oh good! At what point do you engage your 10% off area and then how will you distribute those? To the same previous people?

picframer
01-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Oh good! At what point do you engage your 10% off area and then how will you distribute those? To the same previous people?

That is the million dollar question.

In my day job and the woodworking hobby business I have always stuck to our pricing, in a price war no one wins in my own experience. Lawn care is new for me and I am sure there will be some challanges, the upside is I haven't really started any advertising yet except for clients who I have delivered woodworking items to, I already have a few contracts subject to my having a look when the snow melts, orders for two baby barns and one garage, looks like I will be heading back into construction also.

There is a large day care centre being built not too far from where I live, the owner is an artist on the side, we spoke yesterday when I dropped off some picture frames and I was telling her about this yard care/landscaping idea, she asked me to do the landscaping for the new day care and lawn care afterwards without asking for a quote, this is great as it will be about an acre to look after.

As I mentioned in another thread, I want to do target marketing, years ago when I built homes, decks etc. it's next to impossible to compete in certain areas, so I will do everything as professional as I can from sinage to uniforms, vehicles, equipment etc. and hopefully that will work, time will tell and yes this could be wishful thinking, worked before and hopefully will again, good or bad I will keep you posted:).