PDA

View Full Version : New advertisement design concept - opinion?

musician/lawnman
01-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Some of you might remember I have an auto shop I that I maintain the lawn for & I have a framed advertisement with a business card holder hanging on the front of their counter in the customer lounge. It has gained some new business for me I suppose but I am going to change the advertisement around & wanted to get your opinion on this design I came up wth for the new one. So what do you think?

p.s. - The business cards will be at the bottom right covering the small company emblem I put there. (I included the emblem in case the cards go empty before I get there.

ritchiem
01-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey Chuck. Look good, but the phone number is hard on the eyes. Try running it in arial black (or bold).

musician/lawnman
01-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Yeah on here it does look that way I guess. Full size it's not bad. I really want the emphasis on the message & the company. If interested they will take a card. I put the number on there so if I run out of cards in the holder they can get the number from the flyer if needed. But I want the heading to grab attention & get them to read the rest, take a card or least maybe remeber the website.
I can make the number white too, but then it pulls the eyes away from everything else a little more ya know?

mruiz
01-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Hey Chuck, I like it..
Rich is right about the number, also are you including the web site on the business card? Like myself, I can't remember much by the time i get home if I don't write stuff down. BTW that is a good idea in posting in the repair shop. Anytime I go to one for any repairs and have to wait to get any repairs done I start to look around the waiting room to not die of boredom.
Mike

Steve
01-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Some of you might remember I have an auto shop I that I maintain the lawn for & I have a framed advertisement with a business card holder hanging on the front of their counter in the customer lounge. It has gained some new business for me I suppose but I am going to change the advertisement around & wanted to get your opinion on this design I came up wth for the new one. So what do you think?

p.s. - The business cards will be at the bottom right covering the small company emblem I put there. (I included the emblem in case the cards go empty before I get there.

I think this is fantastic. You are putting into place many of the element we talk about on here. First off you are using a headline that is designed to grab their attention. You are also offering your own image and making the flyer personable.

Now if you want my advice on elements to add, instead of your name in the middle in big, you could have space there for two specials if they call by a certain date.

Maybe something like FREE Soil ANALYSIS and then maybe a % off your first service or something like that.

I would then put all your contact information at the bottom and make it smaller. In my view it doesn't matter if it is covered up by the business card because your contact information isn't going to get them to grab the flyer. The headline and the offer is. Once they take it, they will be able to read at the bottom who to contact.

What do you think of this?

Also, beyond the garage, will you be distributing these flyers in any other way?

GREAT GREAT GREAT JOB!