Bob from Plan-it graphics made me these door hangers

What do you think

Front
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/just_hang_f.jpg

Back
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/just_hang_b.jpg

clarklandscaping
01-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Those look great! I really need to get some made before the season arrives.

Steve
01-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Justin, those are sweet!

When are you going to be putting them out and how many do you figure on distributing?

justin_time
01-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Justin, those are sweet!

When are you going to be putting them out and how many do you figure on distributing?

Since Bob made me some postcards, I will be sending those as spring marketing.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/postcardfront.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/postcardback.jpg

I will be sending about 3000 of these postcards, probably 1500 2x in the spring to boost my business

I will be printing about 250 door hangers for the house that I know that people that are from out of town that I know of

Steve
01-16-2009, 08:42 PM
I will be sending about 3000 of these postcards, probably 1500 2x in the spring to boost my business

I will be printing about 250 door hangers for the house that I know that people that are from out of town that I know of

Justin,

This is very exciting! It looks so amazingly professional I bet you feel great about all this.

Let's talk about the marketing battle plan.

At what point do you figure on sending these two different groups of 1500 postcards? And then at what point are you going to be doing a follow up with the door hangers? How will all this work together in concert?

You know you got me thinking, potentially in the future you could send out postcards that say I will be coming through the area on weekends to hand out door hangers and this will be a great chance for us to get together and talk. Maybe you could even send out the postcards a week earlier and then have a stamp or manually write on the postcard when you will be in the area to meet with them and talk about their lawn care issues! Then you could hand out a door hanger that you could leave a written message on it like, Hi, This is Justin, I just stopped by to meet you and talk about your lawn care issues. Here is a price to service your lawn.

justin_time
01-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Justin,

This is very exciting! It looks so amazingly professional I bet you feel great about all this.

Let's talk about the marketing battle plan.

At what point do you figure on sending these two different groups of 1500 postcards? And then at what point are you going to be doing a follow up with the door hangers? How will all this work together in concert?

You know you got me thinking, potentially in the future you could send out postcards that say I will be coming through the area on weekends to hand out door hangers and this will be a great chance for us to get together and talk. Maybe you could even send out the postcards a week earlier and then have a stamp or manually write on the postcard when you will be in the area to meet with them and talk about their lawn care issues! Then you could hand out a door hanger that you could leave a written message on it like, Hi, This is Justin, I just stopped by to meet you and talk about your lawn care issues. Here is a price to service your lawn.

My lawn care service is somewhat different in a reason.

I live in a small town of about 1500 of population surrounding with 2 other small towns of about 1000 each (not sure exactly how much but the Postal office tells me 1500 flyers for 4 different small towns

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/coverageMap.jpg

I've got Noelville, Alban (known as French River, 20 minute drive south), St-Charles (20 minute drive north) and a little town called Monetville about that is basically included Noelville but they have a different postal code (or Zip for you Americans)

Yes it may seem like alot of driving but I have alot of customers in all 4 different towns

Steve
01-16-2009, 09:09 PM

justin_time
01-16-2009, 09:25 PM

Well it all depends on spring since we have lots of snow this year but I was thinking of trying mid April send 1500 and maybe Mid May send the other half since most people still ask if I cut grass. I felt last year I advertised at the wrong time and people seamed to missed my adds so I'm trying this new theory this year.

What do you mean work together in concert ? Do you mean I will work the postcards with the door hangers together ? Of course I will. I currently know people that in those French River area that people are from out of town, so those houses I will be putting a door hanger on their doors. That is why I made the postcards/door hanger similar to each other

Steve
01-16-2009, 09:32 PM
What do you mean work together in concert ? Do you mean I will work the postcards with the door hangers together ? Of course I will.

What I mean is this. Will you send out the postcards to the houses like a week before you go and visit them with a door hanger? Or are you sending the postcards to owners of the homes who may live in other locations and then hang the door hanger at their house locally?

justin_time
01-16-2009, 09:51 PM
What I mean is this. Will you send out the postcards to the houses like a week before you go and visit them with a door hanger? Or are you sending the postcards to owners of the homes who may live in other locations and then hang the door hanger at their house locally?

Doing the opposite, i'm sending the postcards to the local and gonna basically do some door to door or the houses that I see/know that people are out of town, and go hang a door hanger at their door

Steve
01-16-2009, 11:45 PM
This sounds like it's lining up to be a great year for you!

justin_time
01-16-2009, 11:58 PM
This sounds like it's lining up to be a great year for you!

Yeah, hopefully I can get the budget, since I am looking at my business acount and all the stuff I want to get done in the spring

Spring marketing
New trimmer racks for trailer
Signs/Letters for trailer
Get perforated paper/barcode scanner for invoices

Have to do this with about 1000$