PDA

View Full Version : New web page marketing

CloseCuts
01-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Hey there everyone. I'm not sure how many of you have a website or not. I found a place online called http://www.softlinesolutions.com. It's a really good website. They try to help us smaller business people by building us a website they give you a domain name and they market it over like a 100 search engines. I've recently signed up for it and figured i would pass the word on. I will keep you guys updated on how much business i get from it.

Steve
01-14-2009, 03:14 PM
I am looking forwards to your updates.

What made you choose them?

CloseCuts
01-14-2009, 03:22 PM
The reason why I chose them was because there looking out for the little guy. I looked around alot and most companies wanted alot of money and they didn't provide a web page and domain for you. Plus they will focus on my entire state or just the main areas i operate at.

Steve
01-14-2009, 07:26 PM
How much do they charge for a website?

Plus they will focus on my entire state or just the main areas i operate at.

Have they talked to you about how they will go about doing this?

EatingEmoKids
01-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Hey there everyone. I'm not sure how many of you have a website or not. I found a place online called http://www.softlinesolutions.com. It's a really good website. They try to help us smaller business people by building us a website they give you a domain name and they market it over like a 100 search engines. I've recently signed up for it and figured i would pass the word on. I will keep you guys updated on how much business i get from it.

That site looks pretty nice. Do you mind me asking what it is you signed up for exactly and also how much are they charging you? If not the last one, at least the first one would be good to know :)

CloseCuts
01-14-2009, 07:45 PM
when you guys go on there website click on the solutions title and that will go through the program that they offer. and its 99 a month. they dont do any contracts its just month by month

Steve
01-14-2009, 07:57 PM
when you guys go on there website click on the solutions title and that will go through the program that they offer. and its 99 a month. they dont do any contracts its just month by month

Fascinating!

What do you think of that price point for the service?

Also, I'd like to hear from others what they think of that price for that service?

CloseCuts
01-14-2009, 08:06 PM
i'm not sure about it all yet. i have to wait to see if it pans out like i hope it will. but for 99 a month and you dont have to physcally go out to promote your business i don't think its too bad. i've just got to be able to get jobs from it otherwise it wont be worth it. i just signed up yesterday for it so i will keep everyone in the loop. and of course it also all depends on location. i live in delaware the first state and were not that big so im going to play it by ear and cross my fingers

Steve
01-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Ask them a bunch of questions about how they will be promoting your site and let us know, because there are a lot of very bright people on here that do amazing search engine optimization and you will be able to see how what they say jives with what some of these forum members say. It should be a great learning experience for us all.

CloseCuts
01-14-2009, 08:30 PM
did you check out there website? http://www.softlinesolutions.com/PPC-Advertising/ePowerPackage/Local-Website-Design-PPC.php?catagory=Landscaper

Steve
01-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I am looking at it now.

* Custom Tailored Website
* Your own internet address ( www.mycompany.com)
* Your Website will be Optimized for Search Engines
* Website Business Listing on Google™, Yahoo! & MSN
* Submission of Your Website to 100 Top Rated Search Engines
* Google™ Maps, Yahoo Local, and MSN Local Services
* Specific Online Promotions, Coupons, and Business Listing
* Business Photos, Videos, and Site Linking
* Customer Review Submissions
* Set Up Contact Form on website to Increase Sales Leads
* Customer Tracking & Website Statistics Automatic email of sales leads or access them online!
* 30 Minutes of Consulting Time a Month*
* Quick Site Analysis

Specific Online Promotions, Coupons, and Business Listing
I wonder what they will be doing with this.

It's quite fascinating and it makes me think somehow or another with all this brain power we have on this forum, it should be a service we are offering through here!

How did you find out about them?

CloseCuts
01-14-2009, 09:04 PM
i just started surfing the web. i typed in stuff about advertising and i guess i hit the right key words to find them. thats also what they do for you is find your target area so in my case if someone types delaware landscaping im the one who will show up. now i don't think there done with that part yet but in a few days i'm suppose to be showing up on the first pages when someone types in those key words

Steve
01-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Ok very interesting! Now do they tell you which key words they think would be best for you or do you tell them the key words you want to appear with?

CloseCuts
01-14-2009, 09:25 PM
there suppose to take care of all that but they did ask me if i was looking up for lawn care what would i type. so i told them that i would put delaware landscaping or delaware lawn service. i'm not sure which key words he's using but its suppose to get alot of cities cuz i told him i would serve about a 60 mile radius. most of the lawn businesses around here arnt online and if they are they don't have a website. theres also this thing called clicks that you can sign up for. it is an ad that when you type in certain words your page shows up on the top or the sides and if someone clicks on it you have to pay if no one clicks you dont pay

CloseCuts
01-14-2009, 09:32 PM
hey steve i live in milford, delaware so i was looking to get milfordlandscaping domain or delaware landscaping domain but instead i went with closecutslandscaping.com the milfordlandscaping.com was taken and you would think it was a landscaping business so i went on there and its a **** site. i was so shocked. i don't know how the name goes with a **** site. and the delawarelandscaping was a premium domain name and would of cost me like 1200 to get. thats crazy

EatingEmoKids
01-14-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm checking out that link and I notice a few things right away.

#1 they are not creating a unique design for your website. They are using templates (like ones that can be found on this site for free).

#2 Their search engine optimization is for local listings only (from what I read). All the sites they tell you they will get you listed on, you can sign up for free to show up in. Even Google maps ;)

#3 Local paid advertising costs extra. Which is understandable.

#4 no pictures of their tracking software or mention of what they will be using to track web stats. Maybe their also using the free Google Analytics or AWStats that comes free with any web hosting package.

overall it sounds decent but when you add up everything you get and how much it costs, it really doesn't sound to great. I'll put it this way $99 x 12 (months in a year) = $1,188.

So you are paying that price to host your website for a year, using a stock template which is not custom designed and unique to your company, being submitted to 100's of free local search listings. At least there's 24/7 online support...

I hope this posts helps anyone who is thinking about these services. I personally believe you would receive better value if had a website built be me or richiem at half the price. :)

Steve
01-14-2009, 10:22 PM
theres also this thing called clicks that you can sign up for. it is an ad that when you type in certain words your page shows up on the top or the sides and if someone clicks on it you have to pay if no one clicks you dont pay

Is this google adwords?

milfordlandscaping domain or delaware landscaping domain but instead i went with closecutslandscaping.com the milfordlandscaping.com was taken and you would think it was a landscaping business so i went on there and its a **** site. i was so shocked. i don't know how the name goes with a **** site. and the delawarelandscaping was a premium domain name and would of cost me like 1200 to get. thats crazy

That is very interesting! People buy any domain name you can think of. It's cybersquatting. I don't like the concept. If you aren't using the site, it should be available. What this does is just fill the internet with garbage over time. That's my view at least.

I like your domain. Good choice.

overall it sounds decent but when you add up everything you get and how much it costs, it really doesn't sound to great. I'll put it this way $99 x 12 (months in a year) = $1,188.

I guess it just shows the going rate. When you think about how much you can spend marketing every month, $100 isn't bad if it brings in a return on his investment. He doesn't have to fiddle with the site and ideally this team will handle all his web issues.

If the search engine optimization works out well, then he should make quite a bit of money through the site. It will be neat to see how this works out!

CloseCuts
01-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey guys just wanted to let you guys know i'm #3 on the first page of google and this is day 3. its lawn care milford, de. soon it will be on other pages too

Steve
01-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Great job Hoss.

Now it looks like it is appearing in the contractor map section. We talked about this listing in the past and I think you get into this by including yourself in the Google Local Business Section. Which you can read more about here http://www.google.com/local/add?hl=en&gl=US

Check it out and I included a screen cap of that page as well so we can all learn from this.

Fantastic!