PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Nightmares?

Steve
01-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Has anyone ever watched the show Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey?

WOW, what a very interesting show. I was watching an episode today that focused on a restaurant called The Secret Garden. Very interesting stuff.

Gordon, the host, visits the restaurant and tries out the food. He reflects on the decor of the facility and then inspects the kitchen. His goal is to make over the restaurant within a weeks time and he really knows his stuff.

With the restaurant business as with other businesses, sometimes it's not about making money. The owner wants power first and money second. He or she wants to be important, feed their ego, be able to control their staff. This seemed to be the case here. I have seen many other businesses as well run like little kingdoms with tyrannical rulers. It's no wonder so many businesses either just barely get by or fail.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/media/154/kitchen_nightmares_header.jpg

Have you ever seen this show? What do you think of it?

jimlewis
02-11-2009, 03:26 AM
Yah, my wife and I like his show. I like his other show, "Hell's Kitchen" even better.

It's amazing how ridiculously inept some of the restaurant business owners are. They have no balls and can't take charge of their employees. Their food is almost always disgusting but for some reason they don't see that. They complain about almost going bankrupt because nobody comes there anymore. But then a minute later when their food is criticized they say, "Wow. Everyone tells us our food is good. We almost never get complaints about the food." YAH! People aren't telling you! They're just not coming back!!!! GET A CLUE!!!! And the ones who are coming back and the only ones who actually liked your food. So of course they're not going to say anything. The other 90% of the customers you had in the past just left and never said anything!!!

That show is great for getting me all riled up.

Steve
02-11-2009, 10:30 AM
It's amazing how ridiculously inept some of the restaurant business owners are.

Oh I agree too! It is incredible. These restaurant owners have a lot of money invested in these facilities and they are absolute neophytes when it comes to running a business. They seem more to simply 'want to be the boss.' Or they want this little kingdom from which they can reign. Making the business profitable seems to be an after thought.

No one likes change and when Gordon comes in and makes all these changes, a lot of the owners seem to freak out, especially if they are the 'head chef.' You can see them thinking, 'how dare he change my menu.'

Sometimes others not only need a business makeover but a life makeover. The show fascinates me and I learn from it.

I am glad to see you enjoy it as well :)