PDA

View Full Version : What to put on my grand opening flyers??

MattLuciano
01-08-2009, 01:43 PM
My company is just about ready to get started all the tedious paperwork is finished and filed and the the truck and equipment is ready to go. Now heres my question I want to grab attention with my initial flyer and Im looking for advise on what to put in it to stand out from the others. My company is residential lawn care, we do cutting, trimming, edging, mulch, stone, small pressure washing jobs, spring and fall clean-ups, etc. etc. Any advice would be very helpful. Thank you

Michaelmacchiarella
01-08-2009, 04:54 PM
My company is just about ready to get started all the tedious paperwork is finished and filed and the the truck and equipment is ready to go. Now heres my question I want to grab attention with my initial flyer and Im looking for advise on what to put in it to stand out from the others. My company is residential lawn care, we do cutting, trimming, edging, mulch, stone, small pressure washing jobs, spring and fall clean-ups, etc. etc. Any advice would be very helpful. Thank you

hey matt from what I hear from the pros but on what on the flyer everything you offer make it look catchey but remember dont make it clutter less is more you want people to read what you have to say b4 they throw it down because there bored and putting it on floresent paper like pink orgrand lime green something to that the stand out from the others maybe a few coupons and thats about all you should need then again this is just my oppion but from the sounds and what I seen its what works the best

Steve
01-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Matt,

I would say work your social network. Get all your friends and family to know you are now in business. Get all your neighbors to know you are in business. We have a bunch of free flyers in the free lawn care flyer section (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7200). Maybe one of them will strike your fancy.

I have seen a lot of flyer gimmicks but I think the best thing to do is to get to know people and use that positive social interaction to make a sale.

Are you marketing your services now? Are there services you could offer now? If so what are they? How can you sell all year long?

What's your take on all this?

MattLuciano
01-08-2009, 06:08 PM
I am preparing to make the announcement to the neighbors and near by communities within the next week or 2 at the most. I work for a landscaper about 4 years ago so im going to try to strike up some old connections through those previous customers. As for marketing, I was planning on door to door flyers to start along with business cards in the hands of everyone I come in contact with. I have a Marketing company working on the cards right now and they also want to do a web site but im not sure if that is the budget right now. My company is based in New Jersey so there is always something to be done year round. The winters here are very mild so im sure the sooner I advertise ill have clean up jobs and maybe even some early mulch jobs lined up. What do you think??

Steve
01-08-2009, 06:45 PM
I am preparing to make the announcement to the neighbors and near by communities within the next week or 2 at the most. I work for a landscaper about 4 years ago so im going to try to strike up some old connections through those previous customers. As for marketing, I was planning on door to door flyers to start along with business cards in the hands of everyone I come in contact with. I have a Marketing company working on the cards right now and they also want to do a web site but im not sure if that is the budget right now. My company is based in New Jersey so there is always something to be done year round. The winters here are very mild so im sure the sooner I advertise ill have clean up jobs and maybe even some early mulch jobs lined up. What do you think??

Yea that is good! Keep in mind you can make a website with my free lawn care business website templates (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7218) to get yourself rolling.

Another thing to consider, are you a member of any social organizations in your community? Are any of your family members? Can you network through them too? Can you give your immediate neighbors a discount if they sign up with you?

I'd also love to see your cards when they are done!

MattLuciano
01-08-2009, 06:55 PM
I was thinking of offering a discount to neighbors. And also offering a referral discount to customers who already sign contracts. Most of my family is scattered all over the east coast and out of "business range" so im pretty much stuck with networking on my own and making new contacts. I have alot of friends in local businesses in my area and philadelphia that I was thinking about giving a handful of flyers and business cards too. I guess it couldnt hurt to try. In my experience from working with my old landscaping employer, I found that word of mouth and positive testimony from existing customers is one of if not the best way to grow.

Steve
01-08-2009, 07:09 PM
I have alot of friends in local businesses in my area
What kind of businesses do they operate?

Maybe we can come up with some ideas to help you cross promote!

MattLuciano
01-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Most of them are in retail. So im not sure how much help they can really be. I do have connections in automotive and pizza shops in my area. Any ideas?

MattLuciano
01-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I was also thinking about jumping on all the foreclosure properties in the area that the real estate companies cant keep up with the up keep.

Steve
01-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Most of them are in retail. So im not sure how much help they can really be. I do have connections in automotive and pizza shops in my area. Any ideas?

We have a flyer in the free lawn care flyer (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7200) section that cross promotes lawn care with a pizzeria. Check that out and see if that is something you want to experiment with.

Also one of our forum members, Chuck, used to work at a lube shop and had his business cards and flyers on the counter. You could do this as well. In fact, why not talk to your friend in the automotive industry and see if you two can split some marketing material. Maybe a postcard that gives a coupon for lawn care and then a coupon on the other side for automotive repair/check up. See what he would be into doing. But at the very least you could get some cards on his counter.

I was also thinking about jumping on all the foreclosure properties in the area that the real estate companies cant keep up with the up keep.

Another one of our forum members has done this with success.

Check out some of the articles on this topic here foreclosed homes (http://lawnchat.com/?cat=126).

Let me know if any of this strikes up an idea.

MattLuciano
01-10-2009, 07:58 PM
What would be the best way to go about getting foreclosure contracts? Im so stoked I just got my new work truck for my company 2004 Ford F350 mason dump sweet!

Steve
01-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Matt did you see the articles on getting foreclosed homes here in my blog (http://lawnchat.com/?cat=126)? That might help you.

Let me know how it turns out.