PDA

View Full Version : Logo (opinions please)

walkerlawncare09
01-07-2009, 02:40 PM
what do you all think of this logo design??

Steve
01-07-2009, 02:59 PM
I like it! I'd say roll with it and use it! Nice job.

EatingEmoKids
01-07-2009, 03:07 PM
I like the idea, but imo it is to pixelated around the edges. try and clean it up a little bit and show us another preview :)

walkerlawncare09
01-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Right now I only have the paint program as an editing tool so I'm limited with what I can do...can I use this software to remove the pixels?

EatingEmoKids
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM
what paint program is it, is it microsoft paint or some thing else?

walkerlawncare09
01-07-2009, 08:17 PM
yea its microsoft paint

ritchiem
01-07-2009, 08:24 PM
What is the font of the 'W' or did you create it?

EatingEmoKids
01-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Yes if you could tell us what font (if any) was used for the "w" I'm sure me or ricthiem could recreate a high quality version for you in either photoshop or illustrator.

ritchiem
01-07-2009, 08:33 PM
took the words outta my mouth...

walkerlawncare09
01-07-2009, 08:34 PM
i created the W...is there still any way it can be fixed this way...if not I can look through the fonts to see something else i could go w/:confused:

EatingEmoKids
01-07-2009, 09:02 PM
If you really want the W designed like that I can try and do it. I did this quick just using some of the fonts I have on my pc. If you like it at all I can try and change the W to be more like yours.

ritchiem
01-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Can't find too many fonts that came close to that...here is my take...

ritchiem
01-07-2009, 09:12 PM
If you really want the W designed like that I can try and do it. I did this quick just using some of the fonts I have on my pc. If you like it at all I can try and change the W to be more like yours.

that would look sharp on a white truck

walkerlawncare09
01-07-2009, 09:28 PM
I really like the one u've made there.. The thing i was going for w/ the W on my was to look like blades of grass..would it be hard to do that? and I forgot the LLC on my design earlier..would need to put that in there

But like I say the one you made there looks great and would work fine. And I really appreciate the help so far with this

Yea good design richie, haha now all I'll need to do is get a white truck! I can do without blades of grass those designs are much better than what I had going anyways!

EatingEmoKids
01-07-2009, 10:37 PM
that would look sharp on a white truck

Thanks ritchie, I like your design also, very professional :)

I really like the one u've made there.. The thing i was going for w/ the W on my was to look like blades of grass..would it be hard to do that? and I forgot the LLC on my design earlier..would need to put that in there

But like I say the one you made there looks great and would work fine. And I really appreciate the help so far with this

Yea good design richie, haha now all I'll need to do is get a white truck! I can do without blades of grass those designs are much better than what I had going anyways!

I added the LLC on to the design. If you want the original .psd file pm me or post your email address so I can email it to you.

Steve
01-07-2009, 11:22 PM
That is AWESOME! Great job!

AMW Graphics
01-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Very nice job!

Steve
01-09-2009, 12:06 PM
If you wanted to play around with it, couldn't you take the original W that looks like blades of grass and vectorize it? Then be able to use it instead of the W which is based on a font?

musician/lawnman
01-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Here bud,

I read the post & started playing around with a logo program I have, I tried to redesign a custom W like yours, I can play around with any colors or text if you like. What do you think? Hope it helps!

Steve
01-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Chuck, nice work!

Can you tell us how you re-created the W?

musician/lawnman
01-09-2009, 06:25 PM
The program I have is pretty versatile, I can edit and shap from a vast bank of assorted shapes, or like in this case create one from scratch, save the "W" shape in a shape editor & then pull it up in the logo editor portion, size it & color it as needed. I also made the custom Circle w/rectangle shape for the background the same way.

I'm going to resize the image here in a minute so it will appear larger.

musician/lawnman
01-09-2009, 06:31 PM
That Should Look A Little Better

Steve
01-09-2009, 06:42 PM
What program do you recommend to do that?

musician/lawnman
01-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Here's another variation, I was playing with the background color, Centered the text a bit better & the made the white letter boarder a little thicker.

I use a program called mylogocreator.

So does Rich.... but I'll pretend I didn't notice.... hehe

musician/lawnman
01-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Here ya go, sorry!

walkerlawncare09
01-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Awesome job with these guys...still deciding which to go with. Looking back at my original all these make that one look like a 1st grader sketched it with crayons. haha Thanks a bunch for all the help...my next project is Flyers with 25% off mow w/ refferal coupon and First mow free with yearly contract coupon...services Mowing,Trimming,Mulching,Fertilizing,Landscaping and More.

Also for Realtors is Yard Painting!

Any ideas on that topic let me know

Thanks,
Eric

Steve
01-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I look forwards to seeing what you create for your flyer. How popular is the lawn painting services in your area? I have collected a lot of great marketing ideas you can do with realtors on the forum and on my blog (http://lawnchat.com/?cat=126). Maybe some of them will strike a new idea.

Check out some of the forum posts here (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7992).

ritchiem
01-10-2009, 03:54 PM
So does Rich.... but I'll pretend I didn't notice.... hehe

I have not heard of that program before. I use about 6 different logo creation programs so perhaps some shapes and graphics are repeated. But I also do custom graphics as well ya know.

walkerlawncare09
01-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Lawn Painting in this area hasnt really taken off which I'm hoping if I offer it and people start to like it I will have somewhat of an upper hand!

Im lost on flyers I've looked at all the templates on here and still nothing, where can I get custom designed flyers??

musician/lawnman
01-10-2009, 06:20 PM
I know that happens sometimes....
I was just busting yer chops as the tree image you use is in my program identically.

Steve
01-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Richard,

Do you still offer custom graphic design work? Why not hook up with walker on this?

ritchiem
01-11-2009, 12:39 AM
seems like these guys have it under control...I am currently working on 3 logos and 2 websites and I'll post some work when complete. Busy, busy...if walker needs some help I welcome him to drop me a line. I am just trying to get what I have on my plate done :)

EatingEmoKids
01-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Lawn Painting in this area hasnt really taken off which I'm hoping if I offer it and people start to like it I will have somewhat of an upper hand!

Im lost on flyers I've looked at all the templates on here and still nothing, where can I get custom designed flyers??

if ritchie has to much work to take you on then I can help with the flyers.

walkerlawncare09
01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
if ritchie has to much work to take you on then I can help with the flyers.

That would be great if you could come up with something for me. Let me know if you have the time?

Steve
01-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Walker,

Make sure you check out he free website makeover he is offering too.

walkerlawncare09
01-12-2009, 10:21 PM
I will be sure and do that

and just wanted to say thanks to you guys for being a big help to me in the start up process glad i found this site!

walkerlawncare09
01-13-2009, 01:20 PM
too plain...also I still need to add something for realtors about the lawn painting

EatingEmoKids
01-13-2009, 01:25 PM
too plain...also I still need to add something for realtors about the lawn painting

Thanks, the image you sent in your pm didnt work. So you want some thing laid out similar to this?

Honestly I dont think your job is that bad, looks pretty good :)

walkerlawncare09
01-13-2009, 01:30 PM
well if you think that one looks good then I can save ya the trouble of messin w/ it and ill just use the one i got there....

heres the extra lawn painting..not much more to it just a little small note i guess u would say

if you see ne thing u would think would make it look better thaen feel free to tell me or take it on then let me know what you came up with

EatingEmoKids
01-13-2009, 01:41 PM
well if you think that one looks good then I can save ya the trouble of messin w/ it and ill just use the one i got there....

heres the extra lawn painting..not much more to it just a little small note i guess u would say

if you see ne thing u would think would make it look better thaen feel free to tell me or take it on then let me know what you came up with

I really do think it looks good. Later tonight when I get the chance I might try changing a few things and try cleaning it up a little just to see what it looks like. I'll post back here once finished.

Steve
01-13-2009, 02:23 PM
I really like it a lot.

I will give you a few pointers that you might or might not want to use but at least you will have them.

First, I would make the logo small and near the bottom. I love your logo and you love your logo but to the customer, the logo is not going to sell the service. What will sell the service is the attention grabbing headline and the list of benefits they will be receiving when they hire you.

Also I would make two different flyers. One for home owners and another for realtors. In my view they are two distinctly different groups two focus on with different messages.

Does this help?

walkerlawncare09
01-13-2009, 04:16 PM
yea that helps i will see what i can come up with on moving the logo to a different location and i will get back later with a realtor based flyer

do you think the realot based could go w/ the same theme or should i go completely different?

walkerlawncare09
01-13-2009, 04:56 PM
heres what I came up with real fast....not much difference really..and also inlcude the breast cancer awareness one that i had created earlier!

Steve
01-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Ideally the headline has got to pop! It's got to grab them right away.

I like your 1 free mowing offer.

What if you put that at the top and had it say in bold letters.

One Free Mowing

That surely would get my attention.

do you think the realtor based could go w/ the same theme or should i go completely different?

You could try a different one and then see what the % response is for each design. If you get a higher response from one design over the other, I would try to use that one more often.

walkerlawncare09
01-20-2009, 08:47 PM
cant get the resolution right on this needs to be 300 pixels per inch but i cant figure out how to do it any help?

Steve
01-20-2009, 09:47 PM
What are you making the flyer with? What program?

ritchiem
01-20-2009, 11:57 PM
all commercial printing needs to be at least 300dpi and most times to be converted to CMYK color scale.

If you need help doing this shoot me an email...I am sure we can work something out.

EatingEmoKids
01-22-2009, 06:30 PM
cant get the resolution right on this needs to be 300 pixels per inch but i cant figure out how to do it any help?

Here are some cleaned up versions like we talked about via pm. Although like Steve said, maybe you should considering using some attention grabbing head lines.

note, these images are only 25% of their actual printing size.

Steve
01-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Matt, those are great! WOW!

What other types of headlines were you thinking of? Also do you have any larger images of those template you could post?

EatingEmoKids
01-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Matt, those are great! WOW!

What other types of headlines were you thinking of? Also do you have any larger images of those template you could post?

Thanks Steve :)

Here are the full sized images, 8x10 at 300dpi. If you are on 56k I will warn you these images are almost 1mb each. Should be fine for anyone with dsl or cable.

flyer #1
http://www.lcowebdesign.com/other/flyer-fullsize.jpg

flyer #2 breast cancer awareness
http://www.lcowebdesign.com/other/flyer2-fullsize.jpg

I'm trying to think of the headline I used last year, I cant seem to find any of my left over flyers tho. I'll post some when I think of them but maybe try some thing to do with "Change" Barack Obama is now president and everyone is thinking change, so why not try and use that?

so maybe replace "Spring is coming" with one of the following:

Change is coming,
Change can happen,
Change has come,

just some ideas to through out there :)

walkerlawncare09
01-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Really like these Matt especially the breast cancer one.

I see what Steve was saying with moving the logo to the bottom I definately focus more on the incentives than the logo...

next and hopefully last question i have to bother you all with on this is..

where can I get it printed??

Steve
01-23-2009, 09:02 PM
There are a bunch of sites like vista print and http://www.48hourprint.com/

Let us know how all this works out!

walkerlawncare09
01-24-2009, 04:24 PM
tried vista print a few times and the resolution is terrible on it when it loads up

EatingEmoKids
01-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Are there any local places near you? I just took my flyer last year to a local shop and had them print a whole bunch of them.

walkerlawncare09
01-24-2009, 07:30 PM
yea we have some local places.

ill check them out and see what kind of pricing they have thanks for all your help!

Steve
01-25-2009, 12:29 AM
tried vista print a few times and the resolution is terrible on it when it loads up

That is very interesting. Were you uploading 300 dpi resolution images?