PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Dealer from Missouri

SuperiorPower
01-07-2009, 01:14 AM
Hi folks, I am new to this site but not new to Power Equipment. I have been servicing equipment for over 10 years. I grew up workign in my dad's shop and ended up taking a slightly different career path once I left the house. In the past several years I have been starting up my own business servicing equipment. I am looking to increase my Commercial customer base. I found this site while looking for something entirely different and decided to join.

I am looking for ideas from you folks on what you want to see from a dealer. What kind of information do you want to have when you walk into my shop/show room? How do you want to be greeted? Do you expect me to carry multiple brands of equipment? Multiple models (remember, I am not Home Depot, or Wal-mart with their purchasing power just like you are not Asplundh)? So if you have any suggestions for me just shoot me a PM.

Steve
01-07-2009, 02:09 AM
Hi Eli,

Welcome to our forum.

What do you like about running your shop? How does it differ from other other businesses or jobs you have had?

SuperiorPower
01-09-2009, 03:15 PM
My favorite part of running my own business is the flexibility I have with hours, etc. My least favorite part is the fact my Health insurance is not figured in! and I don't have the paid vacation, sick leave etc. However, it there is something empowering about being your own boss.

I got this bumper sticker from the local small business association that says "I love my boss"!

Steve
01-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Eli, I can't wait to see your website! When will it be up? Are there any products you can offer to sell on here now to our members?