PDA

View Full Version : hello from northwest indiana

Michaelmacchiarella
01-04-2009, 02:10 AM
hi all im michael im 16 from northwest indiana trying to start my lawncare/snowremoval company up here maybe get into alittle gounds to any help you guys can offer or tips would be much appriciated

Steve
01-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi Michael,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own lawn care business?

What kinds of things are you doing to market your business?

ritchiem
01-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the forums :)

Michaelmacchiarella
01-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Hi Michael,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own lawn care business?

What kinds of things are you doing to market your business?

Hi What got me started in wanting my own lawncare company was I use to work for a company by me liked working for the company but not so much to owner so I decided im getting older where I could start my own company so I decided now was the time to. Im looking into Lawn and outdoor care of the gounds maybe some landscaping when it grows alittle. Im not gonna lie I havent done anything to advertise bc im not set up to take things on at the moment I dont have all the equipt. so id rather delay then take on things that I cant complete thats no way to run a business so hopefully by earliy spring ill have what I need and go from there.

Steve
01-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Im not gonna lie I havent done anything to advertise bc im not set up to take things on at the moment I dont have all the equipt. so id rather delay then take on things that I cant complete thats no way to run a business so hopefully by earliy spring ill have what I need and go from there.

What things do you feel you need?

Michaelmacchiarella
01-05-2009, 09:15 PM
What things do you feel you need?

well I have a trailer I could use its a 16 landscaping trailer that we use to haul the atvs with I have a riding lawnmower that I could use but its not zero turn and I have a push mower I could use but I guess I would probly need a used zero turn and a walk behind commercial along with a few wed wackers and a backpack blower and what not plus I also need to get a licence and something to pull around my equipt with so Im missing some important things

Steve
01-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Well can you get started with what you got and service properties within walking distance at first like your neighbors?

Michaelmacchiarella
01-07-2009, 02:28 AM
Well can you get started with what you got and service properties within walking distance at first like your neighbors?

I have tried that before I live in I guess I dont wanna say rual area but I live in a small town I have tired to service ppl I could get to in walking area but there isent many people and they either have their own riding mower or they are of the hillbilly type no offense to anyone but they will go out and cut there grass once in the middle of summer to keep the town off there @$$ from fining them and then they dont give a kitty for the rest of the year how there lawn looks so I guess to put it in so many words I kinda have the shaft cuz the ppl who have the riders cut there own grass cuz it doesnt bother them there to cheap to pay and the ones who dont cut the grass are the same way and they just dont care I did have one property I was servicing it was an older gentlemens house who had passed away and his kids had put it up on the market they live in the next town over about 10min from me and had me take care of the lawn this summer just a mow nothing else and I made about $30 a cut which wasent to bad and I was paid up in full b4 I started well the house had sold and the owner is a young coupple and they cut there own with there rider so idk I guess all I could do is get my licence and try and sub for someone maybe in snow removal with my atv with the plow and try and get my equipt b4 spring whats your oppion on subing with my atv and do u have any sugestions on what to charge I dont think per push would be fair with it only being a 50" blade but then again its not a small 4 wheeler either it can move about 7" of snow of a med weight snow at a time