PDA

View Full Version : Tuscan Gardens LLC

tuscangardens
01-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Paul Scott
37 Years old
Started Business On 2-17-07
around 30 Customers so far.
2 Trucks with Plows, older but work great.
only really use 1 for now....saving the other for back up or if I get more clients.
More residential that commercial.
I charge by the Minuite,....$1.00 per minuit, per man
.45 for each pound of salt.

ANY IDEAS OR COMMENTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank You

Paul Scott

Tuscan Gardens LLC

Steve
01-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi Paul,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own business?

What kinds of things have you been doing to market your business?

tuscangardens
01-04-2009, 11:39 AM
hey Steve, Thanks...

Well i started in property management, managing rental propertys for out of state owners, but the constant phone calls and pressure made me hate it.

So, i have all these propertys that im managing, and included in my management service, i mowed lawns, removed snow, etc...

I quit the property management business and started landscaping...more laid back, you know...

Lets see...to market, i was going by word of mouth, CRAIGSLIST, door hangers, flyers sent to real estate & property management companies, the basics...

I also offer an incentive to all my existing customers, get me a new account, 1 service free, plowing or mowing.
i've noticed that word of mouth is the best results, because I make sure I do the best job i can for the customer. I actually took a $2000 loss over the summer on a job. under bidded it trying to imprerss someone who has like 45 propertys in the area, but it didnt pan out. :( oh well live and learn.

i am now using your estimater calculators now, but they are a little advanced for me.

I own 2 1988 Jeep Commanche Pick-ups with meyers plows. I have almost 30 accounts, but i would like to get more, as everyone .

Any Input to get this company going better, please tell me.

Thank You Steve

Paul Scott
Tuscan Gardens LLC

ritchiem
01-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the forums :)

Steve
01-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Well i started in property management, managing rental propertys for out of state owners, but the constant phone calls and pressure made me hate it.

I think a lot of lawn care business owners would love to get into property management. Do you have any advice for those that wanted to get into it? Is there anything they should look out for?

i am now using your estimater calculators now, but they are a little advanced for me.

What do you find about them that make you feel they are a little advanced for you?

tuscangardens
01-05-2009, 11:23 AM
My advice is to stay away from Property Management.
A) you need a real estate license
B) Phone calls non stop and you HAVE to get them, no machines
C) Owners with real run down houses that want top rent for them.
D) tenants are hard to track down for the rent, well some of them
E) going to court for evictions

Its just such a headache.

With the snow plowing calculater, it has alot of options I dont know how too answer, like those percentages, risk factor, and the profit mark up.....I really cant understand those particular things.

Thanks

Paul

tuscangardens
01-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Can anyone tell me where to download the users guide to the gopher 2006 software?

Steve
01-07-2009, 11:15 AM
With the snow plowing calculater, it has alot of options I dont know how too answer, like those percentages, risk factor, and the profit mark up.....I really cant understand those particular things.

I tried to enter some standard settings. If you are interested, why not make a post and see what others enter into those settings that you are unsure of.

My advice is to stay away from Property Management.
A) you need a real estate license
B) Phone calls non stop and you HAVE to get them, no machines
C) Owners with real run down houses that want top rent for them.
D) tenants are hard to track down for the rent, well some of them
E) going to court for evictions

Its just such a headache.

Do you have any advice on how to price different property management services for the newcomer that is interested in offering them?

Can anyone tell me where to download the users guide to the gopher 2006 software?
http://gophersoftware.com/index.php?page=download#Gopher_Manual

tuscangardens
01-13-2009, 07:38 AM
i am trying to order this software before it expires, but i do not have the registration # it asks for.....:(

Steve
01-13-2009, 01:16 PM
i am trying to order this software before it expires, but i do not have the registration # it asks for.

You get the registration # after you order it. I think it might be asking for the security key? That you can find in the options page then the company section.

tuscangardens
01-13-2009, 08:14 PM
when i hit "register gopher" on the "welcome page" it tells me i need a registration #

Steve
01-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Oh ok, yeah you get that when you order it. You don't need to register it until the 30 day trial is up though.

tuscangardens
01-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi,
do i have to be a member to download gopher palm?
if not, do you have the link?

Thanks!!!
Paul

Steve
01-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Here you go.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=2818