PDA

View Full Version : website imatator

landonkade
01-01-2009, 09:04 PM
I do regular searches on the internet for lawn care and lawn service in my city, there was a podcast about my SEO not to long ago. For a entire year everything has been doing good with the website and the 10 domains names i have surrounding my website name www.dothanlawncare.com. I recently came across a website called www.dothan-lawn-care.com i think its for my city but not sure. They copied most of my html, website name, and are now ranking top pages like me. The domain was just recently bought also from godaddy i think.

Is there anything that can be done for them coping most of everything of mine. Y would people try to get close to another domain name and copy word for word for there website.

Read my front page and then read theres and tell me what you think and what i could maybe do if there is anything i can do

Would they steal business from me now since they have all that or would i gain business because of the dashes in there website name, i dont think people would remember the dashes or would they

If anyone could help me with any info about this let me know... thanks. I havent had this happen before. Here is there whois info below

Registrant:
Irrigation Repair Inc.

32404 Okaloosa Trail
Sorrento, Florida 32776
United States

Registered through: EpicDomains.com
Domain Name: DOTHAN-LAWN-CARE.COM
Created on: 24-Dec-08
Expires on: 24-Dec-09
Last Updated on: 24-Dec-08

Administrative Contact:
Borglum, Craig boofoot1@comcast.net
Irrigation Repair Inc.
32404 Okaloosa Trail
Sorrento, Florida 32776
United States
(407) 920-7246

Technical Contact:
Irrigation Repair Inc.
32404 Okaloosa Trail
Sorrento, Florida 32776
United States
(407) 920-7246

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.HERMESDNS.COM
NS2.HERMESDNS.COM

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

landonkade
01-01-2009, 09:44 PM
I do regular searches on the internet for lawn care and lawn service in my city, there was a podcast about my SEO not to long ago. For a entire year everything has been doing good with the website and the 10 domains names i have surrounding my website name www.dothanlawncare.com. I recently came across a website called www.dothan-lawn-care.com i think its for my city but not sure. They copied most of my html, website name, and are now ranking top pages like me. The domain was just recently bought also from godaddy i think.

Is there anything that can be done for them coping most of everything of mine. Y would people try to get close to another domain name and copy word for word for there website.

Read my front page and then read theres and tell me what you think and what i could maybe do if there is anything i can do

Would they steal business from me now since they have all that or would i gain business because of the dashes in there website name, i dont think people would remember the dashes or would they

If anyone could help me with any info about this let me know... thanks. I havent had this happen before. Here is there whois info below

Registrant:
Irrigation Repair Inc.

32404 Okaloosa Trail
Sorrento, Florida 32776
United States

Registered through: EpicDomains.com
Domain Name: DOTHAN-LAWN-CARE.COM
Created on: 24-Dec-08
Expires on: 24-Dec-09
Last Updated on: 24-Dec-08

Administrative Contact:
Irrigation Repair Inc.
32404 Okaloosa Trail
Sorrento, Florida 32776
United States
(407) 920-7246

Technical Contact:
Irrigation Repair Inc.
32404 Okaloosa Trail
Sorrento, Florida 32776
United States
(407) 920-7246

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.HERMESDNS.COM
NS2.HERMESDNS.COM

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

Here is a previous post i found by the Sprinkler repair guy on there talking about stuff i listed above. Sprinkler repair guy you live in FL, near orlando what do you have to do with Alabama.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=3363

EatingEmoKids
01-02-2009, 02:47 AM
@ landonkade, there really isnt much you can do about it. I checked out the website and the it's content is not a copy of yours. It is very clear they are copying you and trying to steal your rank tho.

As for Craig (SprinklerRepair) thats pretty low doing that to a member here who is working hard on their business and then you do that for who knows what reason. I'm sure either to gain traffic for your many sites to sell products or even try and sell the domain to landonkade.

Steve
01-02-2009, 09:00 AM
When I went to the site is looks like one of those place holder sites. When you check on the about page it has nothing about them.

It does seem like the goal of the site is to drive traffic to his irrigation site. Also there is no phone number to call for service. So I am guessing anyone who went to that site is not going to get anything out of it.

The weird thing is that in the podcast I talked about Denver Lawn Care.

landonkade
01-02-2009, 09:53 AM
@ landonkade, there really isnt much you can do about it. I checked out the website and the it's content is not a copy of yours. It is very clear they are copying you and trying to steal your rank tho.

As for Craig (SprinklerRepair) thats pretty low doing that to a member here who is working hard on their business and then you do that for who knows what reason. I'm sure either to gain traffic for your many sites to sell products or even try and sell the domain to landonkade.

Yeah that is pretty low down.

Here he is copying my html, here is his:

Whether you live in Dothan, Ashford, Midland City, Headland, Abbeville, Slocomb or anywhere in Houston, Dale or Henry county, Dothan lawn care is your first choice for professional turf management and landscaping.

Here is mine:

We also cover the areas of Houston County, Dale County, Henry County and more. Also here are just some of the city’s we service Dothan, Ashford, Midland City, Headland, Abbeville, Slocomb.

Now tell me he didnt copy my html.........

If he is looking for me to buy that domin name sometime he is tough out of luck, i am not buying something from someone that does something like that, screw ball has nothing else to do in his life

StateofBob
01-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Who does this "Craig" guy think he is? Competing for a website ranking where he doesn't even live (I checked out his website, he's in Florida)?

What's up with that??!

Why would he do that?

It definitely sounds like a website ransom attempt.

The guy ought to come clean in the forum and explain himself, but I bet the lowlife is to chicken to do that!

I went to his website and got his email:

We should all, and I mean everybody that cares about their forum brothers, send him an email calling him a ***** until him answers the question WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PULL!!!

Send out an all bulletins alert to all the "forum brothers".

We won't tolerate extortion!

landonkade
01-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Who does this "Craig" guy think he is? Competing for a website ranking where he doesn't even live (I checked out his website, he's in Florida)?

What's up with that??!

Why would he do that?

It definitely sounds like a website ransom attempt.

The guy ought to come clean in the forum and explain himself, but I bet the lowlife is to chicken to do that!

I went to his website and got his email:

We should all, and I mean everybody that cares about their forum brothers, send him an email calling him a ***** until him answers the question WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PULL!!!

Send out an all bulletins alert to all the "forum brothers".

We won't tolerate extortion!

amen......

landonkade
01-03-2009, 04:07 PM
amen......

StateofBob
My time laped on the last quote,

amen...... you got that right.. what a scum.

craig
" I will award your evil with evil; you wont be able to escape" When you want someones things you take it with fraud and violence"

ritchiem
01-03-2009, 05:34 PM
have you seen his site now...seems a little familiar...hmmm. He is totally on these forums.

ritchiem
01-03-2009, 06:23 PM
I didn't realalize that it was SprinklerRepair from these forums that is doing this. It now seems that he loved the website I did for Clark Landscaping as well. Why would you PM me asking for my prices and other stuff Craig???

You sir are playing a dirty game and I don't like it.

landonkade
01-03-2009, 06:52 PM
I didn't realalize that it was SprinklerRepair from these forums that is doing this. It now seems that he loved the website I did for Clark Landscaping as well. Why would you PM me asking for my prices and other stuff Craig???

You sir are playing a dirty game and I don't like it.

I darn sure dont like the game you are playing with me either craig.

why would you choose to do SEO testing on lawn care on a city that is several hundred miles from you if you do irrigation repair in your city near orlando? Why couldnt you have picked a city near you or made up a domain name to see if you would rank. what you did is very disrespectful in my book

ritchiem
01-03-2009, 07:06 PM

why would you choose to do SEO testing on lawn care on a city that is several hundred miles from you if you do irrigation repair in your city near orlando? Why couldnt you have picked a city near you or made up a domain name to see if you would rank. what you did is very disrespectful in my book

I was in fact talking about the game he is playing with you. To tell you the truth I could care less that he is trying to modify a theme that I used for wordpress.

I do in fact really care that he is hurting your Google rank for an experiment. What he is doing should be seen as an act of fraud. I am sure he wouldn't appreciate me buying up domain and messing up his ranks for search engines. Search engines cache pages for a long time and it could be a long while before what damage Craig has cause is repaired.

StateofBob
01-03-2009, 08:38 PM
This whole thing is strange. I looked at his site and I just don't get what he is doing.

christ, he is a Carnival Barker!

I mean, we all work hard, hot or cold outside.

The only reason to have a website is to increase sales , RIGHT?

I would guess that he does also. What could be the motive?

He lives in FLORIDA!!!!?

I yank pull cords and change spark plugs for a living., and I am not a psychologist.

BUT!!!

Can anyone offer any reason why this Jack *** would think he can blackmail somebody by car-jacking their website like a Lexus?

How do we all come together to fight this sort of thing?

Is there someway to alert all the "Gopher'Bro's" and explain to them what is going on on this thread? How would they know? Contact Steve?

On to another subject. I need some help.

I don't have a website yet, but when I do, I don't want to be 'hacked" like landonke!

What do you "web savvy " guys think of this website name?

I don't have site up yet.

I found the only website online selling the "niz" extension and according to what they said, it will overtake ".com" soon. What do you 'webby's" think?

I'm only 4'11' and I thought maybe I could get the nationally conservative estimate of the .0075% of "growth challenged persons" people like myself to go with a GCP landscaper like me.

In Memphis there must be thousands!!! (but I haven't checked).

I did pay the higher price for the "niz" although the "com" was available.

I'm new to this kinda stuff. What do you "Internet Hot Shots" think?

Any tips or advice would be helpful.

If it makes any "technical" difference, I'm running Windows 95.

P.S., I'm thinking of getting a "RIDER MOWER" soon because every time I get stopped by an obstacle or rock in the yard. the darn the push mower handle hits me in the throat.

Any suggestions? I've got a Home Depot charge card, if that helps.

At least I can still type.

Bob

EatingEmoKids
01-04-2009, 03:51 PM
StateofBob, I personally think a domain with 7 words in it is way to long, any more then 3 or 4 is to long imo. Also I dont think .niz is going to take over .com any time soon. Most people if they dont remember the domain extension either search google for it or just type in the .com. I'm pretty web savy and I doubt I would even think to type that one in.. So I would recommend you buying .com when available.

Good luck on your website tho! :)

Also when I first checked out this thread to see if it was craig doing it I did a reverse ip check to see what other sites were hosted on the same site as the one he is ripping off. There were over 80 other sites and a lot of them were related to lawn care. I'll post them up later so that other people can check and make sure their not getting screwed over as well.

landonkade
01-05-2009, 01:48 PM

bump.......

Any input steve for the members to see about this whole thread.... I still havent heard anything from the SprinklerRepair that lives in Sorrento, Florida

SprinklerRepair
01-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey Everybody! It's Craig Borglum, this weeks punching bag! How ya'll doin!
Thanks for the applause, I'll be here all month and don't forget to tip your lovely waitress!

Seems that we got a little problem here.

I'm not a big NAFTA guy, but I learned in grade school that a healthy and competitive marketplace was not only good for America and good for the consumer, but it raises the bar of commerce and leads to better customer service for the end user.

Does anyone here agree, or am I the only poster on this thread to graduate with a 6th grade economics education?

It looks like Matt is a bit ticked off that after bragging on an earlier post that he had 7 out of the top 10 SERP's (search engine return pages) for the keyword "Dothan lawn care", that he now has a competitor.

Sorry, I just assumed that at least one other guy in his town cut grass.

I guess my reply would be "Why brag that you can shoot fish in a barrel?" Anybody can shoot fish in a barrel.

That geo-specific long tail keyword phrase is not like trying to rank for "lawn care" or even "Miami lawn care." It's Brim fishing versus Marlin hunting.

I make most of my living by getting paid by website owners that want to compete on Google with guys like Matt (I still do some sprinkler repair for long term customers). The main difference is, unlike Matt's site, my clients are trying to rank against serps that are over 300,000.

Bigger game fishing, not dock fishing for perch.

It ain't easy (shed a quick tear for me). It normally takes me 3-4 months to have links appear on the first page, and then another 6 months for the website URL to appear "above the fold."

But I realized when I first joined this forum around year ago, that a lot of the SEO stuff I was reading here was not very sophisticated. Some of it is completely wrong. Some of it is just plain stupid.

It was obvious while watching the "housing bubble" burst in a circular motion starting in Australia, going to Japan, moving to Europe and finally making it here, that a lot of people were going to lose their jobs.

I knew that terrestrial real estate (versus virtual real estate) is going taking a big hit and that a lot of guys with industrial pensions or construction workers were going to look for something to do, and lawn care has a very low barrier to entry, so lawn care start ups would increase (and quality probably go down). Still, more competition.

I bought around 50 or so "lawn care" domains for big cities, installed a scraper script on a WordPress, and let them percolate. I have only done link work on 3 or 4, and they are doing "mas o menos" for their returns. If I have the time to apply any of the tactics I'll be telling everyone about, they will skyrocket toward the top. It's just not a priority for me right now.

I'll let them sit another 6 months and then install an exit pop-up saying "this high ranking website is for sale". Virtual real estate is on the up! So this is why "Emo Kid" was freaking out. He saw all my lawn care sites. Making sure I was not "ripping people off." Sound the alarm!

Hey Emo, you ever buy a Pepsi? Ya should have called Coke about the "big ripoff" going down.

Sorry to hear it took you a year to get to #1 for "french river lawn care."

Watch this post. It will take you 3 months to do it better next time.

If you own a website called "DenverLawnCare.com", don't think for one minute your competitor is not going to buy a keyword phrased URL like "Denver-Lawn-Care.com" similar to yours. Or "DenverLawnCare.net" or "Denver**Lawn**Care.com". Lots of possibilities to rank on SE's other than Google that pay attention to URL's. Not everyone uses Google.

To think nobody is gunning for your SERP right now is just dumb. Rather than focus on the key phrase in the URL, focus on back links. Give Google the love they want, and they will love you back. Simple.

So let's get back to Matt, crying that "somebody is competing with me. It's just not fair!"

Why am I competing with him for the SERP "Dothan Lawn care?"

Just proving a point. You should always believe that someone is competing with you, because some one is. It's not paranoia. Matt has kicked *** online in his market because the other guys don't know as much as he does.

Guess what?

That's all about to change.

I've got around 8 hours into getting above the fold to the #4 position for "Dothan lawn care" for a brand new website.

Not in a year.

Not in 6 months.

In one freaking week.

"Google sandbox" comments anyone?

And I'm gonna show everybody exactly how to do it.

Just so Matt knows;

I have no more apologies to you for competing online than I would if I was starting a new lawn service in your town and putting door hangers on your customer's houses. This is America. Competition is in our blood. You don't like my website? Think it is a copy of yours (this goes for ritchiem too)?

Run it through copyscape (http://www.copyscape.com).

On the other hand, once my 30 day experiment is through, I had planned all along to 301 re-direct all my links to your site. And I will.

If you don't want them, let me know.

Some unsuspecting lawn guy will check his dothan landscaping site in a month and go WHOOO-HOOO!

And "riechiem"? The reason that I asked what you charged was so I could determine whether that "balls to the wall" SEO optimized site you did
www.clarklandscaping.biz (http://www.clarklandscaping.biz) was affordable for the average guy looking for a new website.

You told me it was $500 to make one just like that.

In my opinion, having paid many website builders, that is not only one of the nicest SEO layouts I have ever seen, but the cost is way too cheap.

That site should be $1000.00+ Forums and everything? I will recommend your services, and I'm not kissing ***.

I could care less if you think I'm a jerk, or understand me or not. I know good work when I see it. Oh, and that 'copy my site" comment? Get a grip. A flash header does not a "truly original" site make. We all build (including you) on what we see. Imitation (not copyright infringement) is a form of flattery.
You did not invent WordPress coding. And there is a "no cache" tag for Google if I wasn't going to 301 my links to Matt.

"Long term damage" to ranking?

Long term damage to ranking is done by website owners to themselves because they haven't got a clue how to deeply embed themselves in the SERP's.

Stay tuned.

I'll clue you guys in, and everybody else in, soon.

Until then, keep forking over $29.95 to the "submit you to 500 directories sites"! L-O-fing-L!

EasyPro
01-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Hey Everybody! It's Craig Borglum, this weeks punching bag! How ya'll doin!
Thanks for the applause, I'll be here all month and don't forget to tip your lovely waitress!

Seems that we got a little problem here.

I'm not a big NAFTA guy, but I learned in grade school that a healthy and competitive marketplace was not only good for America and good for the consumer, but it raises the bar of commerce and leads to better customer service for the end user.

Does anyone here agree, or am I the only poster on this thread to graduate with a 6th grade economics education?

It looks like Matt is a bit ticked off that after bragging on an earlier post that he had 7 out of the top 10 SERP's (search engine return pages) for the keyword "Dothan lawn care", that he now has a competitor.

Sorry, I just assumed that at least one other guy in his town cut grass.

I guess my reply would be "Why brag that you can shoot fish in a barrel?" Anybody can shoot fish in a barrel.

That geo-specific long tail keyword phrase is not like trying to rank for "lawn care" or even "Miami lawn care." It's Brim fishing versus Marlin hunting.

I make most of my living by getting paid by website owners that want to compete on Google with guys like Matt (I still do some sprinkler repair for long term customers). The main difference is, unlike Matt's site, my clients are trying to rank against serps that are over 300,000.

Bigger game fishing, not dock fishing for perch.

It ain't easy (shed a quick tear for me). It normally takes me 3-4 months to have links appear on the first page, and then another 6 months for the website URL to appear "above the fold."

But I realized when I first joined this forum around year ago, that a lot of the SEO stuff I was reading here was not very sophisticated. Some of it is completely wrong. Some of it is just plain stupid.

It was obvious while watching the "housing bubble" burst in a circular motion starting in Australia, going to Japan, moving to Europe and finally making it here, that a lot of people were going to lose their jobs.

I knew that terrestrial real estate (versus virtual real estate) is going taking a big hit and that a lot of guys with industrial pensions or construction workers were going to look for something to do, and lawn care has a very low barrier to entry, so lawn care start ups would increase (and quality probably go down). Still, more competition.

I bought around 50 or so "lawn care" domains for big cities, installed a scraper script on a WordPress, and let them percolate. I have only done link work on 3 or 4, and they are doing "mas o menos" for their returns. If I have the time to apply any of the tactics I'll be telling everyone about, they will skyrocket toward the top. It's just not a priority for me right now.

I'll let them sit another 6 months and then install an exit pop-up saying "this high ranking website is for sale". Virtual real estate is on the up! So this is why "Emo Kid" was freaking out. He saw all my lawn care sites. Making sure I was not "ripping people off." Sound the alarm!

Hey Emo, you ever buy a Pepsi? Ya should have called Coke about the "big ripoff" going down.

Sorry to hear it took you a year to get to #1 for "french river lawn care."

Watch this post. It will take you 3 months to do it better next time.

If you own a website called "DenverLawnCare.com", don't think for one minute your competitor is not going to buy a keyword phrased URL like "Denver-Lawn-Care.com" similar to yours. Or "DenverLawnCare.net" or "Denver**Lawn**Care.com". Lots of possibilities to rank on SE's other than Google that pay attention to URL's. Not everyone uses Google.

To think nobody is gunning for your SERP right now is just dumb. Rather than focus on the key phrase in the URL, focus on back links. Give Google the love they want, and they will love you back. Simple.

So let's get back to Matt, crying that "somebody is competing with me. It's just not fair!"

Why am I competing with him for the SERP "Dothan Lawn care?"

Just proving a point. You should always believe that someone is competing with you, because some one is. It's not paranoia. Matt has kicked *** online in his market because the other guys don't know as much as he does.

Guess what?

That's all about to change.

I've got around 8 hours into getting above the fold to the #4 position for "Dothan lawn care" for a brand new website.

Not in a year.

Not in 6 months.

In one freaking week.

"Google sandbox" comments anyone?

And I'm gonna show everybody exactly how to do it.

Just so Matt knows;

I have no more apologies to you for competing online than I would if I was starting a new lawn service in your town and putting door hangers on your customer's houses. This is America. Competition is in our blood. You don't like my website? Think it is a copy of yours (this goes for ritchiem too)?

Run it through copyscape (http://www.copyscape.com).

On the other hand, once my 30 day experiment is through, I had planned all along to 301 re-direct all my links to your site. And I will.

If you don't want them, let me know.

Some unsuspecting lawn guy will check his dothan landscaping site in a month and go WHOOO-HOOO!

And "riechiem"? The reason that I asked what you charged was so I could determine whether that "balls to the wall" SEO optimized site you did
www.clarklandscaping.biz (http://www.clarklandscaping.biz) was affordable for the average guy looking for a new website.

You told me it was $500 to make one just like that.

In my opinion, having paid many website builders, that is not only one of the nicest SEO layouts I have ever seen, but the cost is way too cheap.

That site should be $1000.00+ Forums and everything? I will recommend your services, and I'm not kissing ***.

I could care less if you think I'm a jerk, or understand me or not. I know good work when I see it. Oh, and that 'copy my site" comment? Get a grip. A flash header does not a "truly original" site make. We all build (including you) on what we see. Imitation (not copyright infringement) is a form of flattery.
You did not invent WordPress coding. And there is a "no cache" tag for Google if I wasn't going to 301 my links to Matt.

"Long term damage" to ranking?

Long term damage to ranking is done by website owners to themselves because they haven't got a clue how to deeply embed themselves in the SERP's.

Stay tuned.

I'll clue you guys in, and everybody else in, soon.

Until then, keep forking over $29.95 to the "submit you to 500 directories sites"! L-O-fing-L!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA I LOVE IT!!!!!!! If you ain't at the table, your on the menu . . . .. this goes to show every one no matter how good you think you are. NEVER be secure and ALWAYS look to step your game up!!!!!

ritchiem
01-05-2009, 07:40 PM
well I am gonna sleep on that one before I post...I don't want to sound sarcastic or rude.

SprinklerRepair
01-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Uh, it's kinda quiet around here.

I can hear my voice echo like I'm in an empty gymnasium.

I posted a rather sarcastic and brutally personal post yesterday that I assumed would rain an avalanche of hell fire upon my character and might even spark comments about my mother!

Actually, that's what I was hoping for.

My thought process was "how can I be enough of an arrogant ***hole to bring people running to the post shouting "fight at the gopherhaul!"

I guess it did not work.

The "Dothan lawn care" trial experiment has moved my site on to the 1st page so fast, that even with the success I've had with past clients in far bigger markets, even I'm a little freaked out about it. One week and on the first page?!

If I can do it, so can you.

What I'm gonna show you guys how to do is not some;

"Super Internet Voodoo Secret Revealed For The First Time That Shows You How To Build Massive Traffic While Watching 'Dancing With The Stars' And Sitting On Your *** and Turning Your Competition Into Sniveling 3rd Page Losers"!!!!!!!

It's really boring and repetitive stuff.

Really.

Very boring. Quite repetitive.

Sorry, I don't know any "super secrets".

It's the same stuff that you probably already know how to do.

The only difference is the systemic approach and technology that saves you some time doing it, and most important of all, the order that you do it in.

If there is any "secret" (and there ain't) it is the order of scheduling links.

Call me a jerk. Call me an ***hole. Whatever. I can take it.

Because I can take your keywords anytime I want.

In 30 days?

Unlikely.

In 3-4 months?

Absolutely. No question about it.

Not because I'm smarter, or more "techie" than you.

I'm clinically close to retardation (according to my wife).

Why can I take your SERP's at will?

It's just because I have spent 8 years learning to be a "spider chef ".

My brother has been a Google consultant and DMOZ editor for over 10 years.

He taught me how to "cook".

Make better "spider food" and more spiders will show up to eat.

It's just that easy.

Free cooking lessons for spiders starts in a week or so.

Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

ritchiem
01-06-2009, 06:28 PM
My thought process was "how can I be enough of an arrogant ***hole to bring people running to the post shouting "fight at the gopherhaul!"

We are not that kind of forum...we are a peaceful people. I thought I was reading another 'lawn care forum' website when I read your post. We do not get many 'fire starters' in here.

I don't understand why you think you need to be a ***hole to get your points across. Because you don't...so I am a bit confused on that note. I think it is fantastic that you can get a site to rise in the ranks in a quick amount of time. I have been doing graphic / website design for years now and I still learn everyday on how to rise and keep my ranks for myself and my clients.

I am not going to flame and loose my cool. My only concern was (and perhaps it is a morale concern) that you seem to intentionally damage peoples website ranks to turn around and sell to them your SEO charged domain. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Your post sure was an attention grabber, however I don't know if it was the right attention.

Thanks for the compliments I suppose...I really don't know if they were sincere.

Steve
01-06-2009, 10:07 PM
This certainly has been something. Everything is an art form in and of itself. SEO is an art form as well as marketing. Then a subset of that is marketing on forums is an art form as well.

I think this did bring up a bunch of very interesting points. If Craig can do this, anyone then has the potential to do this.

Most people don't pay much attention to search engine optimization or for that matter even having a website, but it is quite fascinating how the more you know on the topic, the more you can do.

If I can walk away from this with a lesson, it's the importance of building a brand. Domain name variations can be registered and utilized. If someone can do it, someone will do it. Then if they do it, how will you compete? It makes you think. The thing I thought of was, build your brand.

What makes you stand out? What makes you different? Take this and harness it and make that an ingredient in your brand.

What is everyone else's view on it?

legendlawn
01-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Wow....what an interesting thread. I have been monitoring this thread, and wondering what Steve's view of the situation. I believe we live in a free enterprise econonmy, and everybody has the right to compete with anybody, as long as it's legal. Now, that doesn't mean that what Craig did was ethical in this situation. I am not 100% sure how Craig found about landonkades domain and S.E.O., but I am under the understanding that it was from another post in this forum where landonkade discussed his S.E.O. If this was the case then what Craig did was unethical. I believe all of us in this forum in particular are brethern in the green industry, and each of us posts here with a certain confidence that they arn't going to be exploited and taken advantage of. If nothing else this thread definantly makes me think about what I say about my business here. I am not taking sides here. I think both sides bring up valid interestng points. Also, there is nothing wrong with "firestarters" as long as we keep it clean. Nothing wrong with a good healthy debate. Everybody can learn something from a good debate and a thread like this.

SprinklerRepair
01-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi,

Craig here.

"lendgend lawn" feels that competing for a keyword that is not connected to my own personal business is somewhat unethical.

If that's the case, so is conventional advertising like the Yellow Pages.

What is my "personal business?"

Yes, I am a "hired gun" just like any Yellow Page account rep. People pay me to promote their business. I just do it using organic (mostly) SEO methods.

If some guy got a hold of me from Dothan AL who wanted to promote his lawn site, I would.

On the other hand, if I just wanted some Ad Sense revenue, and I saw an underdeveloped market, that's fair too.

I could also compete for the SERP "blue bananas on Ferris wheels." Why not?
Nobody has any moral or ethical right to a keyword.

Just so everyone knows, what I'm doing here is showing them that given the correct approach, a small geo-specific website is not that hard to rank.

Dothan AL "lawn care", population under 100,000? In 3 or 4 months, doing it right, anybody can get on the first page!

Denver CO lawn care?

Now you are in a different league (the majors). If you don't know what the SEO pro the "Company on page#1" hired to optimize their site knows, you are out of gas my friend. And even though you will (when you read my report) it ain't gonna happen overnight.

Anyone who has a website needs to promote it. If your site is on page 11, what commercial value are you gaining? You ether need to be 1-5 (called above the fold) or number 10 (10 ain't a bad place to be because eye-tracking research has shown someone would rather hit the last link than move to the next page. I actually try to have a #10 link for some clients.)

You may get direct traffic from someone writing down the URL you have written on your truck, but how often does that happen?

The Yellow Pages are going the way of the rotary phone. My advice? Don't buy stock in them!

Why do you think they run all the ad's saying "Dex knows" promoting their online directory? How many ad's have you seen in the last couple of years promoting "let your fingers do the walking?"

The Yellow Pages are used to level couches in 2009, not find businesses.

People are on their computers, whether at work or at home, more and more.

When the thought hit's them "man, I really need to get that tree pruned", are they gonna get up and rummage through the closet to find the Yellow Pages under the Christmas wrapping paper, or minimize and Google (verb) "tree service Dothan AL?"

You tell me.

On another note, I'm taking the gentle chastising I've received here to heart over my "fire starting" posts.

Even though Mother Teresa might have waded in swinging fat biscuits after being called an "extortionist" and a "rip-off", I have mended my ways.

Here is an offering of conciliation: paste this in to the Update box in your WordPress admin area http://pingates.com/ don't worry about duplicate pings. 'slow down cowboy' doesn't apply.

I've got about 50 more ping sites to give you for your WP, but this beats the pants off of the 'default" auto pinger -http://pingomatic.com/

This tip alone will add a bunch of links per post.

And I reiterate: Matt will get a 301 hosted (it's paid for a year) re-direct when I'm done, to his website. Instead of 7 out of 10 he will have 25 out of 30.

I bet Mother Teresa would find that generous (as it's worth at least a grand to one of his struggling competitors. I could find that guy in five minutes.)

P.S., yes 'richiem", your sites are smoking hot for SEO potential.
Sincerely stated.

Anybody that does not already have a site, why not get a static WordPress from him. Kill 3 birds with one website: Static, WP, and RSS.

Too cheap to last at the current pricing.

Google will kiss you on the lips.

If you don't have a WP installed on your HTML site server, and you want to crawl out of your 1999 cave, have Richie install you one.

Name it your keyword, as in "www.BobsLandscaping.com/DenverLawnCare

If you don't, some other "extortionist" ***hole like me will!:)

New to this post? Don't quite "get it?"
Go here: http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7696
That's where it started.

legendlawn
01-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Sprinkler-
Please read my post again, because that is not what is says. I said that you were more than welcome to compete with other businesses, and even encourage all of us to do so. My post states just that. What I said was unethical was...If you got the idea to go after the Dothan Lawn Care S.E.O. from another post on this forum by landonkade then your actions were unethical. We are here to help each other out not step on each others toes.

Steve
01-07-2009, 10:15 PM
If you don't have a WP installed on your HTML site server, and you want to crawl out of your 1999 cave, have Richie install you one.

Name it your keyword, as in "www.BobsLandscaping.com/DenverLawnCare

I am guessing that if you have a website you should be using subdirectories like that? I didn't know that was too important.

Here is an offering of conciliation: paste this in to the Update box in your WordPress admin area http://pingates.com/ don't worry about duplicate pings. 'slow down cowboy' doesn't apply.

I've got about 50 more ping sites to give you for your WP, but this beats the pants off of the 'default" auto pinger -http://pingomatic.com/

LOL ok my brain is in overdrive here trying to figure all this out.

From what I can make out, you need to log into your blog and then go to Options | Writing | Update Services

Here is a list of more that I found:

http://blogsearch.google.com/ping/RPC2
http://1470.net/api/ping
http://api.feedster.com/ping
http://api.moreover.com/RPC2
http://api.moreover.com/ping
http://api.my.yahoo.com/RPC2
http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping
http://bblog.com/ping.php
http://bitacoras.net/ping
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/XMLRPC
http://blogdb.jp/xmlrpc
http://blogmatcher.com/u.php
http://bulkfeeds.net/rpc
http://coreblog.org/ping/
http://mod-pubsub.org/kn_apps/blogchatt
http://www.lasermemory.com/lsrpc/
http://ping.amagle.com/
http://ping.bitacoras.com
http://ping.blo.gs/
http://ping.bloggers.jp/rpc/
http://ping.cocolog-nifty.com/xmlrpc
http://ping.blogmura.jp/rpc/
http://ping.exblog.jp/xmlrpc
http://ping.feedburner.com
http://ping.myblog.jp
http://ping.rootblog.com/rpc.php
http://ping.syndic8.com/xmlrpc.php
http://ping.weblogalot.com/rpc.php
http://ping.weblogs.se/
http://pingoat.com/goat/RPC2
http://rcs.datashed.net/RPC2/
http://rpc.blogbuzzmachine.com/RPC2
http://rpc.blogrolling.com/pinger/
http://rpc.icerocket.com:10080/
http://rpc.newsgator.com/
http://rpc.pingomatic.com
http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping
http://rpc.weblogs.com/RPC2
http://topicexchange.com/RPC2
http://trackback.bakeinu.jp/bakeping.php
http://www.a2b.cc/setloc/bp.a2b
http://www.bitacoles.net/ping.php
http://www.blogdigger.com/RPC2
http://www.blogoole.com/ping/
http://www.blogoon.net/ping/
http://www.blogpeople.net/servlet/weblogUpdates
http://www.blogroots.com/tb_populi.blog?id=1
http://www.blogshares.com/rpc.php
http://www.blogsnow.com/ping
http://www.blogstreet.com/xrbin/xmlrpc.cgi
http://www.mod-pubsub.org/kn_apps/blogchatter/ping.php
http://www.newsisfree.com/RPCCloud
http://www.newsisfree.com/xmlrpctest.php
http://www.popdex.com/addsite.php
http://www.snipsnap.org/RPC2
http://www.weblogues.com/RPC/
http://xmlrpc.blogg.de
http://xping.pubsub.com/ping/

I will add them to play with it and see what happens. Very interesting stuff!

SprinklerRepair
01-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Google says domain extensions don't matter, but my experience with many sites on Google says differently.

Look at this and you tell me?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dothan+landscaping&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

It also shows that you should optimize for way more words than you think you should.

Not everybody types in "lawn care". That's what you type in.

You're inside the bottle looking out. Competing Serp's for this keyword?

5 times as many as "lawn care". But you guy's do this stuff, right?

Who's running this joint now?

P.S., come on it's only for a month, and there is no phone number.

J+W still gets the work fer 'Christs sake, because he has contact info!

EatingEmoKids
01-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Google says domain extensions don't matter, but my experience with many sites on Google says differently.

Look at this and you tell me?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dothan+landscaping&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

Very nice, and I agree, I have the same results with sites I have on google.

btw I also get this error when I clicked on your site:
Error establishing a database connection

P.S., come on it's only for a month, and there is no phone number.

J+W still gets the work fer 'Christs sake, because he has contact info!

If I was J+W I still wouldnt be thrilled, but thats true, if there is no number they will have to contact some one else. Also search terms for lawn care dont usually pick up until another month or 2.

Steve
01-08-2009, 04:45 PM
I was checking out your site and see that the tags are "Dothan commercial landscape maintenance Dothan landscape, Dothan commercial lawn care, Dothan landscape company, Dothan landscape design, Dothan landscape maintenance, Dothan landscaper, Dothan landscapers, Dothan landscaping, Dothan Lawn Care, Dothan lawn maintenance, Dothan lawn service"

I guess it shows that you are thinking of other search terms people are using to find lawn care in the Dothan area.

I then went to one of the listings for the Dothan area and it was this link http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=69224

A podcast was made to welcome a new user to the site. I took a screen cap, something is messed up with the title.

<![CDATA[http://www.dothan-lawn-care.com Dothan AL lawn care? Dothan landscaping or landscape design? Dothan sprinkler repair, brick pavers or landscape lighting? We are your one stop Dothan Alabama lawn care and landscaping contractor. Contact us at http://www.dothan-lawn-care.com]]>

Was this done accidentally or was it sent in by some kind of program that automatically sends this stuff out?

It is really interesting how you utilize many different media outlets to promote the site and how it helps in the rankings.

In fact there are over 200 titles with the same problem
http://www.podcastalley.com/search.php?searchterm=%3C%21%5BCDATA%5B

SprinklerRepair
01-11-2009, 12:59 PM
This could just be an algorithm fluctuation. I guess we will know in a week.
It seems a little too quick.826 Taken today (click on photo).

SprinklerRepair
01-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Like I suspected, an "algo float". 830

Steve
01-11-2009, 04:11 PM
What do you mean by an algorithm fluctuation? How do they fluctuate?

SprinklerRepair
01-11-2009, 06:59 PM
When a brand new URL receives a lot of 'bot traffic, the SE's have ways of detecting unusually robust activity. The site will "float" up to the top, and then, do to the "uh oh filters" sink back down.

If I knew how to defeat that, I'd be living next door to Eric Schmidt.

Still, it's a good thing, even if it does not immediately shoot you to the top. It shows spider activity, and that is the thing that you are striving/working for.

Algorithm fluctuation, "algo floats", all the same thing. It means the SE's spiders are knocking at your website door.

Hand them some snacks (new html content). They will come back often for more!

I guess it's time, now that I have enough links to support the "shock and awe" impact of my next move, to pull out the:

BIG GUN

Remember, the order of what you do can matter as much as what you do. Too much too fast does not always work. It can also sink you.

This experiment has put me off my normal approach.

Trying to beat some guy with 7 out if 10 1st page links normally requires appropriate link decorum, which due to time constraints, I have not adhered to.

30 days for a brand new website is pushing it. And if you push too hard, the SE's will push back (algorithm fluctuations.)

I launched the Dothan Lawn Care Caper on 12/31/08 and today is 1/11/09. About two weeks.

I think, given the "push", I've done pretty good. That's due to many, soon to be explained, factors.

Can the BIG GUN blow away the myth of the "Google sandbox?"

I don't know. I've never pulled the trigger at this close of a range before.

One way or another, good or bad, when it goes off, things go BOOM!

Steve
01-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Can the BIG GUN blow away the myth of the "Google sandbox?"

LOL I don't know what the heck you are talking about here. What is the big gun and what is the google sandbox?

EasyPro
01-12-2009, 05:21 AM
< meta name="revisit-after" content="10 days" >

this never hurts neither

SprinklerRepair
01-12-2009, 03:51 PM
The "google sandbox" is a long held "theory" that, due to the craftiness of some SEO's, Google will not rank you according to traffic/inbound links for a period of time determined by the competitiveness of your site/keywords.

This is to prevent sites that are supposedly trying to rank for the keyword "Brittany Spears" from instead bringing you to a "virus removal website" where they infect your computer with a virus and then charge you to remove it.

Personally, I think that is a good thing.

Ahh, the 90's! It was so easy then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbox_Effect

As to ""< meta name="revisit-after" content="10 days" >"" ? Why not install a WordPress and write 200 words a week? Or every three days?

Web bots are creatures of habit, like feral cats. Put out a bowl of food every 3 days and you could set your watch by their arrival.

You know your trade. You have info to share. Become the expert in "Denver" lawn care. Your competition is watching "American Idol" while their brains turn to pudding, and you take over the Google page.

Believe me, the #1 guy on the page? Chances are he does not know half of what you are about to learn (for free).

The BIG GUN? I'm not telling you yet.

It's too big and scary for the average lawn website guy. It takes experience to handle that kind of SE firepower. And you need a target.

We haven't even hit week 3 yet on the Dothan Lawn Care Caper.

By week 4, I will show you how to kick *** on your website competitors.

Just know that, even for smaller geo-specific websites, it will take you 3-4 months to hit #1.

Hey, you've had a site for 6-12 months already and your still not #1, so take a tip from Pingomatic and "slow down cowboy."

SprinklerRepair
01-12-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm gonna load the powder and tamp the ball (that is not a *** reference by the way, read your history) and fire the BIG GUN tomorrow.

It could blow up in my face, and sink the Dothan Lawn Care Caper to the 10th or 100th page.

I don't want to give this weapon away for free yet.

If someone gets hurt, I want it to be me.

Think of it as "buckshot links."

Steve
01-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Hey, you've had a site for 6-12 months already and your still not #1, so take a tip from Pingomatic and "slow down cowboy."

What do you mean by this part?

SprinklerRepair
01-13-2009, 12:44 PM
If you try re-pinging on Pingomatic too quickly you will get an error page saying "slow down cowboy".

I used that phrase in reference to the fact that, if your still not on the 1st page of the Serp's, relax. By Feb.1st everyone here will get the:

"Revealed for the First Time Ever To The Public: the Super SEO Secrets Only Known By A Handful of Billionaires Making Millions Every Day Using These Easy and Ancient Egyptian Black Magic Spells To Take Over The Internet!!!"

Or, I may keep that one to myself and just give away a free report on how to rank faster on Google.

Steve
01-13-2009, 01:39 PM
If you try re-pinging on Pingomatic too quickly you will get an error page saying "slow down cowboy".

Oh ok. Now I get it. :)

SprinklerRepair
01-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Any body notice an "odd looking" link on this page? Click the image.

The image won't last, but the "link juice" will.

EatingEmoKids
01-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Any body notice an "odd looking" link on this page? Click the image.

The image won't last, but the "link juice" will.

Lol a ie tool bar for dothan lawn care.

Steve
01-13-2009, 03:11 PM
I missed this. What am I looking for?

SprinklerRepair
01-13-2009, 03:37 PM
There is more than one way to skin a gopher:cool:

EatingEmoKids
01-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Ok so I now have a question, whats the point in creating this toolbar? Because honestly I dont see anyone downloading it. Now I would understand if it gave you a back link, but that site gives you a back link that is worth nothing.. You cant even really call it a back link.

and btw I didnt mean your toolbar in general is bad but I dont see some one downloading a toolbar no matter what lawn care company you are. I didnt mean anything offensive.

Steve
01-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Ok so I now have a question, whats the point in creating this toolbar?

You are talking over my head LOL what is a toolbar?

SprinklerRepair
01-14-2009, 10:26 PM
#4 in 24 hours? Not bad.

That link to the (yes, useless) toolbar will float to the bottom quickly. The the link juice will stay.

SprinklerRepair
01-14-2009, 10:28 PM
What if you 2500 toolbar links? The link can't be worthless if it knocked my site down below it.

EatingEmoKids
01-14-2009, 10:54 PM
#4 in 24 hours? Not bad.

That link to the (yes, useless) toolbar will float to the bottom quickly. The the link juice will stay.

What do you mean when you say link juice?

What if you 2500 toolbar links? The link can't be worthless if it knocked my site down below it.

I meant the link from that site, returning visitors to your site. Also that page would most likely not attract customers if you were selling lawn care. The reason for this is that site has nothing to do with lawn care and I'm guess they will notice this and leave the site before they even see your publisher link.

EasyPro
01-14-2009, 11:33 PM
What do you mean when you say link juice?

I meant the link from that site, returning visitors to your site. Also that page would most likely not attract customers if you were selling lawn care. The reason for this is that site has nothing to do with lawn care and I'm guess they will notice this and leave the site before they even see your publisher link.

Link Juice is what ranks a site . . . .there are tons of trick but if you want to rank higher than some one just get more link juice (ie link backs)

EatingEmoKids
01-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Link Juice is what ranks a site . . . .there are tons of trick but if you want to rank higher than some one just get more link juice (ie link backs)

I thought that's what he meant by link juice, it just doesn't make any sense because that site has no follow on their url and it's set up in a way which no credit will be given to the backlink.

ritchiem
01-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Here is a good article about the 'no-follow' tag

SprinklerRepair
01-15-2009, 12:48 AM
nollow does not always mean "no follow". It's a stop light, not a brick wall.
A lot of 'bots blow the light.

EatingEmoKids
01-15-2009, 01:12 AM
nollow does not always mean "no follow". It's a stop light, not a brick wall.
A lot of 'bots blow the light.

Do you know how they treat the link? because I noticed it is not linked to your site, it's linked to their site and goes through a redirect.

Steve
01-15-2009, 02:47 AM
Ok I read your article Richard and I am having trouble understanding this concept. Does this link juice stuff mean links from other peoples websites that link to your website? The more you have, the better?

EasyPro
01-15-2009, 06:33 AM
Ok I read your article Richard and I am having trouble understanding this concept. Does this link juice stuff mean links from other peoples websites that link to your website? The more you have, the better?

Exactly! Thats why you have to get out there (out there being on the web) and get your url posted all over the place that is related to your industry

SprinklerRepair
01-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Do you know how they treat the link? because I noticed it is not linked to your site, it's linked to their site and goes through a redirect.

Re-direct, indirect, derelick mutterings in an alley. As long as it gets the link juice. It must be getting it, because I couln't break #4 and now I'm #3.

If I did not send all my links to J+M (J+W?) like I plan to, I would overtake him in 3 months.

Matt Cutts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Cutts) can't (or won't) tell you exactly why something works.

The best way to know what works for SEO is to try it.

But you won't have to.

In the last 10 years I have spent so much money on "SEO tricks" and "black hat techniques" that I could take a vaction in Spain if I had that money back.

I have tried them all, and had sites drop into the black abyss (banned) for trying the wrong things.

I now know what works without getting banned. That's why the Dothan Lawn Care Caper is #3 in three weeks for "Dothan Lawn Care", with a brand new site. Remember Google put's a huge empahsis on age of domain.

I'm going to write my report this weekend. I think #3 in three weeks is something that a lot of lawn website owners would like to accomplish.

I'm gonna tell them all how.

Steve
01-16-2009, 09:03 PM
I have tried them all, and had sites drop into the black abyss (banned) for trying the wrong things.

This is all fascinating! What kinds of things can get sites banned from search engines?

I'm going to write my report this weekend. I think #3 in three weeks is something that a lot of lawn website owners would like to accomplish.

I look forwards to reading it.

SprinklerRepair
01-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Well, 6 or 7 years ago I fell for a pitch along the lines of "500,000 Directory Listings for $50! A penny a listing (or whatever that comes out to be, (I don't remember) Guaranteed 10 million visitors or your money back!!!"

What they can't get back (and try getting your money back) is your #1 SERP on Google for "sprinkler repair.".

I obviously was connected to "bad neighborhoods", otherwise known as "link farms", and my site not only fell, it disappeared! A year of hard effort brought it back to #1.

"If it's too good to be true....."

On a even more depressing note:

After being about halfway through my Dothan Lawn Care Caper report, about 30 pages of SEO info, I started re-writing the first 15 pages.

I saved it over and over on the re-writes (six hours work.)

And now it vanished from my computer.

Anybody wanna loan me a shotgun? I'll pay shipping.

SprinklerRepair
01-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Boy, do I feel like a whining *****! I'm so upset over losing 6 hours of work while American families are losing their sons in the Middle East.

Please forgive me. Mea culpa.

On another note, here is a small passage from The Dothan Lawn Care Caper, (what I have left of it, listen to the baby go Whaaaa). I'm curious as to whether Richiem and Emo agree with me:

"Once you have your blog up and optimized, start posting! Two short posts per week (200 words) are better than two book length posts per month.

Consistency, titles and tagging are the key. I have clients tell me all the time, “I can’t think of anything to write about.”

(Whaaa goes the lazy baby.)

Not a problem. Let Google tell you what to write about.

Go to Google Alerts (http://wwww.google.com/alerts) , type in the subject matter relevant to what you do (lawn care, landscaping, irrigation, lighting, etc, or all of them) and Google will send you a daily email about what has been written on the subject in the past 24 hours. Open a link, read it, and then re-write it, based on your geographic area.

Search your keywords at www.ezinearticles.com (http://www.ezinearticles.com). Read bulletins at your local horticultural College or agricultural extension service. There is more material relating to your subject on the ‘net, waiting for your unique spin, than you could ever exhaust in your lifetime.

Make sure your title and text are at least 20% different. If you are unsure whether or not your new post passes the 20% threshold, after posting, compare your post to the original at www.copyscape.com (http://www.copyscape.com).

With some baby steps and 15 minutes, it becomes very easy.

You have no excuse, unless you like having your website buried with a “Here Lies Website X” headstone on page thirty. It’s 15 minutes, twice a week.

Just do it, or quit bitchin’ about being #6 on page 29 of Google. Otherwise known as “dead.” Believe it or not, once you get past the “pain” of blogging (like jogging), you’ll start to like it :)!"

Too harsh, or right on the money? Whadda you guys think?

Steve
01-19-2009, 04:33 PM
I saved it over and over on the re-writes (six hours work.)

And now it vanished from my computer.

Can't you do a system restore and get the file back?

Go to Google Alerts , type in the subject matter relevant to what you do (lawn care, landscaping, irrigation, lighting, etc, or all of them) and Google will send you a daily email about what has been written on the subject in the past 24 hours. Open a link, read it, and then re-write it, based on your geographic area.

I think that is a good idea. Coming up with topics to write about can be extremely difficult. In fact I think on average no one wants to write. We just don't do it because it's not part of our daily activities.

If it wasn't for this forum, I might never write!

I wonder how important it is to be say 20% different? That actually doesn't sound like much, but the thing I am thinking is, these rss feeds.

When you create a blog it has these rss feeds where others can import your content. How does that help or hurt you? I would figure there is no change in the content between your original stuff and what is on another site through the rss feed. Any thoughts on that?

Quality-Hosting
01-25-2009, 02:26 PM
You guys are getting all caught up in trying to compete with all websites on the internet for search engine position and you are wasting you time and money.

Unless you have a nationally franchised lawn care company, all of that top dog SEO crap is just that "crap". Think about it, if you need a plumber to fix your kitchen sink what search terms do you use on the internet? If I wanted to find one I would search for "plumbing companies in Indianapolis Indiana" not "plumbing companies" and hope that I find one that is not more that a couple hundred pages down the list.

Very simple premise "think like the consumer"!

If you want to find out what search terms are used to find your website, Google Analytics is an excellent source. It will tell you were the visitors found you and the keywords that were searched.

SprinklerRepair
01-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Hi QH,
I think you missed something here. This thread is all about geo-specific search.
However, for those who aspire to greater things, I can assure you that being #1 for "sprinkler repair" for many years on Google has made me money.
One and two word searches are informational. The longer the search term, (in general) the more commercial intent.

Installing Google Analytics is more geared toward determining bounce rates, cart abandonment, etc. by showing different pages to different visitors.

The easiest way to determine which keywords are bringing you visitors, is to open AWSTATS in your C panel.881

ritchiem
01-25-2009, 05:38 PM
If you want to find out what search terms are used to find your website, Google Analytics is an excellent source. It will tell you were the visitors found you and the keywords that were searched.

Thats all fine and dandy but if you can't get them to the site...then whats the point.

This thread is about SEO and geo-specific SEO to boot.

Think about it, if you need a plumber to fix your kitchen sink what search terms do you use on the internet? If I wanted to find one I would search for "plumbing companies in Indianapolis Indiana" not "plumbing companies" and hope that I find one that is not more that a couple hundred pages down the list.

I thought that this is what we were doing.

all of that top dog SEO crap is just that "crap"

thanks for putting my work down, I guess it is a shame...all that money I wasted on education...I'll be sure to recommend your services.

And I am very sorry if I read your post wrong or misunderstood it. I just get upset if people refer to my work or recommendations as 'crap'. Let alone everyone else who posted on this thread.

Steve
01-25-2009, 11:05 PM
When we all learn something new or do anything new, we all have a tendency to over focus or over analyze on certain things because we just don't know what the optimal way is of going about it.

This SEO stuff is fascinating because it exists! It's not something the average person would know about or even care to know about, but it effects us if we have a website.

Installing Google Analytics is more geared toward determining bounce rates, cart abandonment, etc. by showing different pages to different visitors.

The easiest way to determine which keywords are bringing you visitors, is to open AWSTATS in your C panel

What is AWSTATS and how does it differ from using Google Analytics?

SprinklerRepair
01-27-2009, 01:19 PM
If you log into your server C-panel, you will find a lot of good tracking info in your AWSTATS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWStats)

So if your site is Bob's Lawn Care you type www.bobslawncare.com/cpanel.

Put in your user and password, log in and you can track how many visitors you had, where they are from (region/country), what sites referred them (links), or what keywords they typed in to which SE to find you. What more do you need?

Unlike Richard, I don't care if the mis-informed deride SEO as "crap." Bank of America and PayPal call it "deposits."

Ahem; by the way, and not for nothing, "The Dothan Lawn Care Caper" is holding steady for the last 48 hours at #1 on Google and the last two weeks at #1 on MSN. I really did not think it could hold the number one Google slot in only 30 days. In 90 days? Of course. I do that all the time. 30 days? I must be getting good at this.

Brand new site, less than a month, and it's #1 and half the SERPS on Google, againist a competitor that owned (http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.dothanlawncare.com)it for over a year.

Anybody here can do this. It's knowing what needs to be done, and when to do it.

No different really than cutting grass. Quality SEO equals rankings. Quality lawn maintenance equals nice grass. Knowledge is Power (http://lawnandlandscape.texterity.com/lawnandlandscape/200802/?pg=81).

P.S. Sadly, this thread will soon come to a close. I've enjoyed being the "bad guy" and look forward to being the "good guy" on Feb. 2nd when I release the "Dothan Lawn Care Caper" report, exclusively for Gopher Forum members. It will show how anyone of you can kick the tar out of your online competition, just by following the step-by-step directions.

And Matt will get his #1 staus back on Google after I re-direct on Feb. 1st like I promised.

P.P.S., ya wanna know the real reason that I did the Dothan Lawn Care Caper?

I wanted a "holy crap" from Steve. Is that asking too much?

Steve
01-27-2009, 04:11 PM
No different really than cutting grass. Quality SEO equals rankings. Quality lawn maintenance equals nice grass. Knowledge is Power.

I liked your article. Good job on that.

P.P.S., ya wanna know the real reason that I did the Dothan Lawn Care Caper?

I wanted a "holy crap" from Steve. Is that asking too much?
Holy Crap ! :)

SprinklerRepair
01-28-2009, 12:28 PM
My life is now complete! :D

SprinklerRepair
02-09-2009, 02:04 PM
It seems like everything takes longer than you think it will.

I'm finally done with the "Dothan Lawn Care Caper" report.

in this free report, you will learn excactly, step-by-step, how to get your website on the first page of Google in 30 days. No B.S., I proved it by doing it.

P.S., all my links now go to Landonkade, and as far as I know he ain't bitcin' about it. I "pity the fool" trying to rank for that keyword now!

Get it here: www.**********.com (http://www.**********.com)

If the site is real busy, it may take a minute for the video to load.

Steve
02-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Good job on the site. I like the testimonial videos a lot!

SprinklerRepair
02-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Here's the real deal;

If you know enough about computers to work the forum toolbar (smileys, links, fonts,etc) you don't need me to do your work for you.

I give everybody all the info and all the links. Do it just like I tell you and it will work just like I say it will. It cannot be broken down into simpler steps.

But, you need to follow the program, and type your *** off.

ANYONE here can do this (sorry for the shouting). It is a "paint by numbers" approach. You know it works. I show the results in real time.

If you need a "hold my hand" approach, join the the members area. We have 5 new videos going up everyday.

If you are too busy to DIY, I'll do it for you. If you cover a smaller area like Palm Bay Fl., go with Option #2.

If you want to own the page for Jacksonville FL , you will need more "cannons", i.e., Option #1.

Option #2 does not work for "Cleveland OH lawn care." I've never been there but I bet it is an hour and a half from North to South. At least several million people, which means the companies that already rank high have done their homework.

If you work on the Northside of Cleveland only, I bet those towns/communities on the Northside are easy pickings.

It all depends on your business growth aspirations.

Questions to ask yourself;

How big do I want to be?

Can I handle that many calls?

Can I finance that pace of growth?

Understand this if nothing else: "Don't get on the interstate (first page of Google/MSN) with a skateboard".

The traffic will run you over.

Here is more calls than you can handle: www.**********.com (http://www.**********.com)

LOTS of traffic on the website right now, it causes bandwidth problems, give the video 30-45 seconds to load.

Steve
02-09-2009, 05:16 PM
I can see it takes a lot of work and I can understand why a lawn care business owner should sub this work out to you to do.

It's a great service.

SprinklerRepair
02-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Damn page timed out on me!

I was trying to say (before the evil time-out) is if you want me to do the work, I will do it gladly.

But please understand the process by downloading the "Dothan Lawn Care Caper' first.

I got a ridiculous email from Bubba Onetoof wanting to know if Option #2 would guarantee him a top spot for "Memphis lawn care."

The answer is no.

If you want to be "above the fold" for "Atlanta Lawn Care", the Option #2 is not going to work.

Buckhead? Dunwoody? Stone Mountain? Yes.

"Atlanta"? No.

Option #1? Yes sir, I'll make that happen.

Those guys in Atlanta are already way ahead of you. Option #1 work? Sure. My 90 day guarantee for Option #2? Maybe, but probaly not.

I just want everyone to understand that Option #2 is for "smaller cities."

Dothan AL is a smaller city. Cleveland OH is not.

www.**********.com

clarklandscaping
02-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Why do you go through the process of adding java scripts to your pages to disable right clicking? To hide your keywords?

Steve
02-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Why do you go through the process of adding java scripts to your pages to disable right clicking? To hide your keywords?

But does that do anything? You can still click on your browser and choose view page source.

StartALawnCareBusiness
02-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Am I missing something?

When I click on the caper link at the top right, it takes me to a payment page.

Interested in reading your work:

Keith

SprinklerRepair
02-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Everything is a work in progress. Just trying to get off the phone to check this post is a job in itself.

Okay, right click disabled will keep 95% of viewers from viewing prtocted content. The other 5% could get your social security number if they wanted it.:)

kieth is correct, that is confusing to have the "dothan Lawn care caper" as a link to a payment page, I'll blame one of my programmers for it to take the heat off me. I'll get rid off that. The info, which is an absolute, unfailable blueprint to get in the the top 5 of google, for any reasonable longtail keyword is the 'sign up for the DLCC". Did I set that up in a confusing way? Maybe I did. I'd love suggestions to lessen the confusion.

when I was here yesterday "carnival barking" I noticed a banner ad for SEO. Did anybody else except me notice the "$2500.00 minimum?"

SprinklerRepair
02-10-2009, 02:02 PM
sorry, Shane was asking about the RC disable, not Keith.

It's not for META keywords. If you don't know them for your biz, go to Google and type in "adwords tool external." Get all you want.

There is not a lot of of "secret long tail chasing" in the geo-specific landscaping SERP's.

SprinklerRepair
02-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Just a quick post. This free tool will embed your Youtube URL in HD.

http://www.screencastprofits.com/youtube/

Steve
02-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Interesting stuff. I haven't gotten my videos into HD format yet. But I guess I should.

SprinklerRepair
02-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Would you like 30-50 extra calls every month? Is that even remotely possible?
Watch this video and you tell me if it's possible.

Steve
02-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Great video. This stuff is just so involved I can see why it would be so better off just to hire you to handle it. Unless you want to spend your entire day learning about search engine optimization!

SprinklerRepair
02-13-2009, 05:14 PM
I've made the $29.99 membership so easy that if you have less money than time, just copy and paste.

If you want to pay me to do it for you, that's fine too.

There are new videos going up everyday and quite honestly, unless you like paying thousands of dollars to Dinosaurs (YP pages) I cannot imagine why any sane business owner would not do this.

I'm not a math guy, but 67% is over half, right?