PDA

View Full Version : New year's resolutions?

Steve
12-31-2008, 07:38 AM
Anyone have any new years resolutions?

Do you find they are more business related or less?

EasyPro
12-31-2008, 09:09 AM
Anyone have any new years resolutions?

Do you find they are more business related or less?

Business:
1. Get at least 4 accounts of either condos, HOS's or apartments
2. Hit 75k gross with at least a 15% net profit
3. Pay off all debt.

Personal:
1.Pay off all debt.
2. Get back in shape
3. Make $250 a week

Steve
01-02-2009, 09:22 AM
You really have been thinking! Good job!

Get at least 4 accounts of either condos, HOS's or apartments

Have you thought about what you will do this year that you didn't do last year to accomplish this? Also what will it entail?

EasyPro
01-02-2009, 07:26 PM
You really have been thinking! Good job!

Have you thought about what you will do this year that you didn't do last year to accomplish this? Also what will it entail?

Steve last year I had next to no web presence. This year you can search for any one of my services in either Madison, Indiana, Carrollton, KY or La Grange, KY and I am on the first page of google if not at the number one spot!

I think this should let me do at least another 30k more than last year

As far a the HOA's or condos or apartments . . . It doesn't matter either mowing landscaping, roof cleaning, or PWing i am just going to really target them this year

Steve
01-03-2009, 10:06 AM
last year I had next to no web presence. This year you can search for any one of my services in either Madison, Indiana, Carrollton, KY or La Grange, KY and I am on the first page of google if not at the number one spot!

I know most newer business owners don't pay attention to search engine optimization, but you do and it shows. When new customers call you, do you ever ask them how they found you? Have you ever kept track of what % of new customers who do call you, have found you through your website initially?

EasyPro
01-03-2009, 10:39 AM
I know most newer business owners don't pay attention to search engine optimization, but you do and it shows. When new customers call you, do you ever ask them how they found you? Have you ever kept track of what % of new customers who do call you, have found you through your website initially?

Steve a good habit to get into is to keep good records . .. I use quick books and every time a customer calls I get all their info and how they found us before we even start talking about services

Steve
01-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Do you have any idea on average what the average lawn care business finds to be their % of new callers who found out about them through their website? Or even what % a lawn care business owner should shoot for?

EasyPro
01-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Do you have any idea on average what the average lawn care business finds to be their % of new callers who found out about them through their website? Or even what % a lawn care business owner should shoot for?

I think that greatly depends on your site . . . its one thing to be found . . that make them a warm lead, If you read my content its BENEFITS, BENEFITS, BENEFITS. My customers are going to call being already educated and ready to say yes! This is very important!

I know my buddy mike does about 75% of his business from people finding him online!

Steve
01-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Does he or do you suggest a lawn care business do any internet advertising? Like Google adwords? Or should a lawn care business focus on search engine optimization?

If you read my content its BENEFITS, BENEFITS, BENEFITS. My customers are going to call being already educated and ready to say yes! This is very important!

What is the difference between service options and benefits? Can you explain your view to us?

toxicweirdo
01-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Mine is more business related, What I really want to acheive this year is to get this business off the ground.

Steve
01-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Mine is more business related, What I really want to acheive this year is to get this business off the ground.
Where are you now with your business and where would you like to see yourself be?