PDA

View Full Version : Cross training

Steve
04-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Part of what will help you succeed, I feel, is your ability to cross train. To learn from different industries and apply ideas to your industry. Read about other fields and explore.

Mark Burnett who was born in England in 1960, moved to the U.S. after serving in the military. He moved to California and barely had any money at all to his name. To survive, he sold t-shirts on the boardwalk and was a babysitter.

He went on to create such tv shows as Survivor and The Apprentice. He pitched the idea of The Apprentice to Donald Trump when the two happened to be at the same dinner party. Donald liked it and they ran with it.

Well Mark is at it again. He is creating a show with Steven Spielberg called 'On the Lot.'

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/07/realitytv.spielberg.ap/index.html) - A nationwide search, with details yet to be determined, will be conducted to find 16 finalists, Fox said. The group will be brought to Hollywood, divided into teams, then given the task of producing one short film each week.

Each weekly project will reflect a different genre, ranging from comedy to drama to horror, and professional writers, actors and crew will be made available, the network said.

"If the contestants are resourceful enough, they may even be able to land Hollywood celebrities to star in their films," according to Fox.

The films will be shown before a studio audience and panel of judges to include a movie executive, film critic and guests. TV viewers will decide which film is the loser and the team member who directed it will be out of the contest ** a new twist on the term "director's cut."

The winner will be "whisked away to the DreamWorks studio, met by Steven Spielberg" and to an office on the lot and a development deal, Fox said.

So, let this be a lesson to us all. Keep learning and keep experimenting. All your life. Strive for growth, happiness and success.

Good luck Mark, I can't wait to see your new show http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

tiedeman
04-08-2006, 12:13 PM
That is pretty cool. I look forward to that