PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Question

Spartan
12-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Does anyone have a standard schedule that they use for new customers. For instance: January (mow every other week, blow, ?). February (????), March (????), April (mow every week, ?), May (????) so on and so forth.

that way, a customer can see what they're getting for their money.

thanks,

Steve
12-29-2008, 08:10 PM
I would think a lot of that would depend on the area you are in and the weather conditions.

Recently our friend Chuck, in Fl, was saying he runs (30, 35, 40 week mowing season).

Another member (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7132&highlight=cuts+month&page=2) said this is how many cuts they offer per month

Jan=1
Feb=0
March=2
April=4
May=4
June=4
July=4
Aug=4
Sept=4
Oct=4
Nov=3
Dec=2

EasyPro
12-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Monthly Maintenance Calendar
January:
- Winter prune all deciduous trees except Maple trees, and spring flowering shrubs
- Police property for trash and debris
February:
- Continue pruning operations
- Continue policing of property
- Deep root watering of trees, as needed
March:
- Check and make recommendations for dormant sprays to deciduous and evergreen trees
- Continue policing of property
- Check and make recommendations for pre emergent herbicides to turf or bed areas
April:
- Check and make recommendations for control of firelight, especially on apples, crab apples, hawthorne, mountain ash, and plum trees
- Check all guy wires and remove if necessary
- Remove all tree wrap
- Check and make recommendations for aeration
- Apply first application of fertilizer
- Activate and program sprinkler system. Make repairs and adjustments as
necessary
- Begin turf mowing operations
- Replace dead plant material
- Begin edging operations on curbs, sidewalks, and driveways
May:
- Continue mowing operations
- Continue maintenance operations
- Check and make recommendations for broad spectrum insect spray
- Check and make recommendations for herbicide spray and turf beds
June:
July:
- Apply second application of ferilizer
- Prune Maple trees and flowering shrubs
August:
- Prune all evergreen trees and shrubs

September:
- Apply final application of fertilizer
- Check and make recommendations for final herbicide spray
October:
- Discontinue mowing operations, and start winter policing schedule
- Deactivate and winterize sprinkler system
- Begin snow clearance operations, as needed
November:
- Remove all leaves and debris from property, in areas of heavy accumulation
- Begin winter pruning operation of all deciduous trees, except Maple and flowering shrubs
- Continue policing schedule
- Continue snow clearance operations, as needed
- Start winter watering, as needed
December:
- Continue policing operations
- Continue snow clearance operations, as needed
- Continue winter watering, as needed
**** This is only a guideline ****
All schedules are subject to the discretion of EasyPro Property Services, LLC.

justin_time
12-29-2008, 09:45 PM
If I get 20 cuts a summer, I'm laughing, the most cuts I had last summer was 18 and it was a wet one this year.

For Canadians, your probably looking at this kind of schedule

May - 4
June - 4
July - 3
August - 2
September -2
October (leaves)
November (leaves, that if it doesn't start snowing)
December (snow, depends on the winter)

Steve
12-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Discontinue mowing operations, and start winter policing schedule

This is great stuff! What do you mean by start winter policing schedule?

EasyPro
12-29-2008, 10:19 PM
This is great stuff! What do you mean by start winter policing schedule?

the right customer will want there yard looking good 12 months a year

Steve
12-29-2008, 10:24 PM
So you mean like picking up fallen debris from trees and stuff like that?

EasyPro
12-30-2008, 07:21 AM
So you mean like picking up fallen debris from trees and stuff like that?

yes sir . . trash, limbs, maybe trim again if it gets a warm spurt

Steve
12-30-2008, 08:23 AM
I was checking out your website again and let me tell you I am very impressed with it! Great job with the videos and the welcome audio! Where do you get all this direction to do all this? To offer all this services? You seem to do so much more than many people. Where should others be looking for such inspiration?

EasyPro
12-30-2008, 12:41 PM
I was checking out your website again and let me tell you I am very impressed with it! Great job with the videos and the welcome audio! Where do you get all this direction to do all this? To offer all this services? You seem to do so much more than many people. Where should others be looking for such inspiration?

Honestly steve I'm not really sure where i get my drive. I guess i have always just wanted to be successful. Also i played 5 sports in HS so i am a very competitive person. Thanks for the kind comments (thats another thing that keeps me trucking)

Steve
12-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Honestly steve I'm not really sure where i get my drive. I guess i have always just wanted to be successful. Also i played 5 sports in HS so i am a very competitive person. Thanks for the kind comments (thats another thing that keeps me trucking)

Have you had customers tell you they chose you because of your personal approach to reaching out to new customers?

Do you have any favorite business books that you have read that you can recommend?

EasyPro
12-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Have you had customers tell you they chose you because of your personal approach to reaching out to new customers?

Do you have any favorite business books that you have read that you can recommend?

All my customers always compliment me on how out going i am ad how passionate i am . . (I don't really like talking about this cause i feel like im patting my self on the back and i have not "made it" yet so i don't deserve it )

any ways . . .here are a few good books to read

Rich Dad, Poor Dad
Off the wall marketing ideas
and i have a few others but ill have to look

Spartan
12-31-2008, 04:57 AM
Great information guys! thaks very much...

Steve
12-31-2008, 07:35 AM
I don't really like talking about this cause i feel like im patting my self on the back and i have not "made it" yet so i don't deserve it

This really brings up a great point. What is 'making it?' What does it mead to have made it?

EasyPro
12-31-2008, 09:02 AM
This really brings up a great point. What is 'making it?' What does it mead to have made it?

$500k/ year take home for me and me only not gross dollars not company net but what DJ takes home . . . $500k

musician/lawnman
12-31-2008, 05:10 PM
Well DJ BAsed on that new years resolution post you made hoping to make $250 a week, you certainly have a long road to travel to hit that goal.
Based on all the different services you provide I find it hard to belive you aren't clearing a good deal more than $250/wk. Maybe you are priced too low for all the services you provide? Brother I have no idea how many or how few accounts you have but it maybe time to re-evaluate how your doing business man cause I was doing better than that 2 weeks after I opened the doors of my company. If I have something way outta wack or if I am misinterpreting something here then I apologize... If not we should talk, your doing something very wrong. Maybe I can help?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Steve
01-02-2009, 09:17 AM
$500k/ year take home for me and me only not gross dollars not company net but what DJ takes home . . . $500k

That is a great goal! Have you ever sat down and tried to figure out how many crews and clients a lawn care company would need for the owner to clear $500,000 in a year? Maybe this would also need to include landscape projects as well?

EasyPro
01-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Well DJ BAsed on that new years resolution post you made hoping to make $250 a week, you certainly have a long road to travel to hit that goal.
Based on all the different services you provide I find it hard to belive you aren't clearing a good deal more than $250/wk. Maybe you are priced too low for all the services you provide? Brother I have no idea how many or how few accounts you have but it maybe time to re-evaluate how your doing business man cause I was doing better than that 2 weeks after I opened the doors of my company. If I have something way outta wack or if I am misinterpreting something here then I apologize... If not we should talk, your doing something very wrong. Maybe I can help?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

LMAO I was waiting for some one to say that lol

If you seen that post then you prolly noticed that my other goal was to be totally debt free . . . that means about 15k i have to pay off not including what school will cost . . . I still live at home so i am taking advantage of that . .. I can live well on 250 a week because i don't have any bills . . .I become debt free the 2010 will be major bread! :)

PS your link in your sig doesn't work ofr the image . . .you should change it so it will help you out on google ;)

EasyPro
01-02-2009, 07:36 PM
That is a great goal! Have you ever sat down and tried to figure out how many crews and clients a lawn care company would need for the owner to clear $500,000 in a year? Maybe this would also need to include landscape projects as well?

Honestly steve and no offense to any one here but its not gonna happen in this trade or anything else im doing now . . . this property service BS is a steping stone to real estate! in 2018 i will be cashing in all my stock and a good chunk of my saving to buy my first apartment complex.

Thats when i will be ready to roll . . . . and as far as dollar wise a good rule of thumb is 15% to 20% of gross dollars to pay out to the owner so i'll let you do that math lol

It will be a lil over a 2 mil

Steve
01-03-2009, 10:02 AM
in 2018 i will be cashing in all my stock and a good chunk of my saving to buy my first apartment complex.

Very fascinating! What about apartments interest you? How many units are you looking to buy?

Can you give us a little insight into the real estate business?

Also with the way the economy is now, how much does one need to put down on a mortgage for an apartment complex?

EasyPro
01-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Very fascinating! What about apartments interest you? How many units are you looking to buy?

Can you give us a little insight into the real estate business?

Also with the way the economy is now, how much does one need to put down on a mortgage for an apartment complex?

I'm still learning ... and i can't let all my cats out of the bag ;)

Steve
01-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Do you have anyone that inspires you as far as your real estate goals? Have you been doing a lot of reading on the topic?

EasyPro
01-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Do you have anyone that inspires you as far as your real estate goals? Have you been doing a lot of reading on the topic?

I love Robert Kiyosaki ~ Rich Dad, Poor Dad.

Steve
01-04-2009, 10:22 AM
I read that book too. I think one of the big things that had changed since he wrote that book was a real estate tax law. Now I am not positive, but I think the deal was, in the past, when he wrote this book, he wasn't taxed on any money he invested into real estate when he sold the building as long as he bought another one within a certain time afterwards. Now I think this only applies to your primary residence.

It seems to make a big difference. Have you heard anything about that at all?

EasyPro
01-04-2009, 02:50 PM
I read that book too. I think one of the big things that had changed since he wrote that book was a real estate tax law. Now I am not positive, but I think the deal was, in the past, when he wrote this book, he wasn't taxed on any money he invested into real estate when he sold the building as long as he bought another one within a certain time afterwards. Now I think this only applies to your primary residence.

It seems to make a big difference. Have you heard anything about that at all?

In his books he teaches us that (and this is still true to this day) having a job means you work, then taxed, then paid. Owning a business means you work, get paid, can't spend the money, then get taxed . . .. its a no brainer . . .

I would say if he sells a property and buys another then that property is a right off if you have the co. set up right ie LLC or Inc.

I can't wait to get into realestate