PDA

View Full Version : hello

jameson101
12-24-2008, 11:42 PM
hi my name is james im from lincoln Ne and i am just starting up a new lawn care business. this forums seems to be chuck full of helpful information and thats why im joining. hopefuly i can learn lots and make a successful business then help others later on

Steve
12-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi James,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own lawn care business?

legendlawn
12-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the forum James...I lived in Fremont for a couple years, and stil have alot of friends there. Heard its been colder than hell up there. I'm in Wichita, KS.

lawnindustryconsultants.com
12-27-2008, 11:28 AM
James welcome to this awesome forum, If there is anything ask. I or Others will be glad to assist you. Steve has a very good forum going here. If there is anything feel free to ask.

jameson101
12-27-2008, 12:38 PM
What got you interested in starting your own lawn care business?

Ive been interested in business and just diferent ways of making money since i was like 12 or 13 and ive been wanting to start a legitamate and profitable business. Ive been mowing my parents lawn for quite some time now so i started looking into lawn care and have found that it can be quite profitable. Im hoping i can start up a good business and maybe even pay for college with it

Steve
12-27-2008, 07:15 PM
That is fantastic! What kinds of things have you been doing to market your business?

jameson101
12-28-2008, 02:49 PM
That is fantastic! What kinds of things have you been doing to market your business?

i havent actualy done any marketing yet but im in the process of getting some business cards and some flyers made

Steve
12-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Oh that is great! How do you plan on distributing them?

jameson101
12-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Oh that is great! How do you plan on distributing them?

well im planning on goin door to door to distribute some. my dad is a doctor and owns his own practice so im gona put up a flyer at his office lots of potential customers go through there each day. im not sure where else i can put them but im planing on asking around local lawn shops to see if i can put them up there and ill also just give them to friends and family to hand out to people

Steve
12-29-2008, 03:14 PM
my dad is a doctor and owns his own practice so im gona put up a flyer at his office lots of potential customers go through there each day.

Can you put a business card holder on his counter? Also can you get his mailing list and send them a letter about your lawn care business?

jameson101
12-29-2008, 03:25 PM
i had already thought of the business car holder i can maybe do that but i hadnt thought of the mailing list. the mailing list would be a good idea but i dont know if my dad would let me hes a bit touchy about his patients sometimes but i can definately ask its a great idea

Steve
12-29-2008, 06:20 PM
I can understand but hey maybe he would be into it. In fact maybe he would write a letter to his customer list just as an end of the year early next year letter as to what is up with him and his family. Then in it, he can give you a plug by saying, 'I have been in business for 20+ years running my medical practice and oh by the way, my son has recently too been bitten by the entrepreneurial bug. He started just started James' lawn care business. If you need lawn care, give him a call.'

If he ties it in with a news letter kind of thing, maybe it will look smoother and not so much as a sales pitch.