PDA

View Full Version : What to do for the next 3 months?!?!?!

choicelandscapes
12-23-2008, 07:34 PM
So now that all the leaves are up the grass is dormant and no one is thinking about landscaping, what can I do for the next 90-120 days to make some $$$$. It doesnt snow here in Birmingham so snow removal is out.

Does anyone have any ideas??? maybe an online venture or something??? I wouldnt mind a part time gig making 15-20 an hour just to have something to do.

ritchiem
12-23-2008, 08:28 PM
I do graphic and website design...that keeps me really busy for the winter. Plus I do small scale snow removal.

EasyPro
12-24-2008, 12:09 PM
I do graphic and website design...that keeps me really busy for the winter. Plus I do small scale snow removal.

same thing here

Steve
01-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Why not offer some small home repair services? I bet a lot of your customers could use help with projects around their house.

FaccLndscpng
01-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Maybe you can get into tree service, how about Holiday decorations, maybe you can get some customers (not sure if you have any that would be into this but) to pay you a small fee to “Police” the area, like I do work for a property manager who has me go to some of the rentals to make sure everything is in line like any leaves or trash that has blown around basically make sure the place looks presentable. Other than that I like to use the off season to repair my equipment, get my paper work in line, get ready for my taxes, some tree work like 24 hour storm clean-up and hope for some snow to keep me busy and to make some money.

Steve
01-10-2009, 07:41 PM
to pay you a small fee to “Police” the area, like I do work for a property manager who has me go to some of the rentals to make sure everything is in line like any leaves or trash that has blown around basically make sure the place looks presentable.

How often do you check on the property when you offer this service and how do you suggest others price such a job?

FaccLndscpng
01-12-2009, 01:13 PM
I say to charge your regular hourly rate. And for the times that you have a lot of debris to clean up charge for disposal also (obviously), like into December, after you do your fall clean-up, you will still have some leaves blowing around, of course you will have to charge more for the additional leaves. But when it comes to Jan and Feb it usually a once over check and takes like 30 to 40 minutes. The property manager that I work for just has me check on the place once a month, I don’t know for sure but you can probably work up a contract with some commercial customers to do 2 times a month to keep the property clean. But I don’t think that residential customers will go for 2 times a month.