PDA

View Full Version : Starting with a low buget

Dynasty
12-19-2008, 12:10 AM
What is the best way to start if you have equiptment but have very low funds to start with?:)

Steve
12-19-2008, 01:46 AM
From your other post, it seems like you are already started! Can you tell us a little what kinds of goals you are trying to achieve?

Dynasty
12-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Well I have a total of five residentual account and two small commercial accounts. I would like to expand and make into a more profitable business. Right now I just cut to earn extra money. Now I would like to take it to a different level financially. What are the best ways to bid a job because I herd you could do it by the yard or by the job? What are some good letters that you have to send to prospects for new business? My biggest problem is which way to go first.

Steve
12-26-2008, 01:54 PM
I would market to the people you know in the area first and get them to be mouth pieces to help you promote your lawn care business.

Check out this link for some customer letters (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7209).

Also check out these estimation calculators (http://lawnchat.com/?page_id=341) to see if they will help.

Let me know how all this goes.

StartALawnCareBusiness
12-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Right now is prime season to get yearly lawn care contracts with business clients.

For the most part, these clients want you to show initiative...the ball's in your court. Pick up the phone and start making contacts. Once you know who to speak with, start pounding the pavement. Visit their business locations and give them estimates.

Once you pique their interests, follow through with introductory letters and tentative price quotes based on what you think their expectations are.

Once they call you back you should be able to finalize the deals.

Good luck:

Keith
StartALawnCareBusiness.com (http://www.StartALawnCareBusiness.com)

c4trash
01-31-2009, 02:54 PM
What is the best way to start if you have equiptment but have very low funds to start with?:)
Hi there Dynasty
I have been having discussions with Steve in the thread Introduce Yourself
If you haven't picked up on it go and check it out and let me know if you are interested in where the discussion is going
If there is enough interest shown then I may consider writing a few guides which I can make available to members
While I may not be familiar with the prices of goods and equipment laws and legal structures in the USA (I live in New Zealand) some of the advise I will give is universal and can be adapted to any country so I will avoid where I can quoting figures If I have to they will only be estimates which are converted to $US at the current exchange rates
Examples
The Pros and Cons of Franchising or buying a business
How to start from scratch with little or no money or resources and still earn a living

Steve
01-31-2009, 03:05 PM
The Pros and Cons of Franchising or buying a business

What do you like or dislike about the franchise concept? Have you eperimented with them or known anyone who has? Have they seen positive or negative results from it?

c4trash
01-31-2009, 03:45 PM
What do you like or dislike about the franchise concept? Have you eperimented with them or known anyone who has? Have they seen positive or negative results from it?
Steve
Thats a story all on its own and is based on knowing people who have been burned by them or made promises that went kept and since sold up or just based on my own research
Go to Google and under Advanced Search type in Lawn mowing under exact word and Franchise under all these words and you will find literally 1000s of hits including businesses for sale
Some of the people who used to have franchise I now employ as casuals

Steve
01-31-2009, 04:05 PM
From your perspective do you have any stories you could share of experiences you have witnessed? I am sure a lot of the readers would like to hear your point of view, I know I would.