i had gotten a infection and if i would have waited longer
i probly wount be hear the dr said
and now 20,000 dollars later i m filling for bankruptsy

if you were out working and you cut a finger off or somthing
you would need it
some thing to think about

Steve
12-18-2008, 03:08 AM
Oh John! WOW! I am sorry all that happened!

Was this due to tentnus at all? Did they say or did this infection happen because of the cut?

i ended up in the hospital for 7 days
i had gotten a infection and if i would have waited longer
i probly wount be hear the dr said
and now 20,000 dollars later i m filling for bankruptsy

Did they give an option to pay over time or no? For those who have never had to deal with this in the past, what ultimately made you choose bankruptcy? Do they know you are going to do this? Would it help them work with you on lowering the price?

Also, have you found any medical insurance now that is at all within a reasonable price range?

musician/lawnman
12-18-2008, 08:14 AM
John,
Sorry to hear about that man, Glad your alright now.
Check into the laws prior to filing bancruptcy, I am almost positive that here in florida as of a few years ago past due medical bills can not be included & discharged in a bancruptcy. Now I believe they stick with you right on through. Yeah health insurance is a nightmare (I was & still am a licensed health/life insurance agent). If you get a cheap policy you get cheap coverage. For decent major medical you pay through the nose & if you have any pre-existing conditions they charge you both arms & a leg, and that's if you even qualify to get it at all. I have a young healthy family of 4, I'm in my early 30's, wife in late 20's, & 2 little ones under 4 years old. I pay a ridiculous amount, about $750 a month! It's insane. Good luck with everything sir!

Steve
12-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Chuck what kind of coverage does that include?

Also, have you ever considered selling health insurance even through this site? Could that be something that is possible? I bet a lot of people would like to have you as a friend in the health insurance business. Maybe through the forum we could get some people signed up through you.

AllProlawn
12-20-2008, 03:38 AM
Oh John! WOW! I am sorry all that happened!

Was this due to tentnus at all? Did they say or did this infection happen because of the cut?

Did they give an option to pay over time or no? For those who have never had to deal with this in the past, what ultimately made you choose bankruptcy? Do they know you are going to do this? Would it help them work with you on lowering the price?

Also, have you found any medical insurance now that is at all within a reasonable price range?

no steve it was cell u lightess a diabect thing

yes i did it was $15000.00 if i paid cash they would lower it
to $11000.00 but if i make payments it would be 15000.00
My wife lisa brother is a lawyer and he told me to file
he said it would actully help us.
i will be talking more to him on christmas since he lives in
lansing Mich and he willl be hear of the hoildays
i could selll my race car and pay for it but lisa wont let me
i built that car with my bare hands from the gound up
its our 3 child as she calls it and she said we woundnt
sell our twins now would we lol

Steve
12-20-2008, 03:59 AM
Keep us all posted on the process of this. I think all of us can learn a great deal from the situation.

Have you looked into medical insurance now? If so what kind of price ranges have you found?

What advice to others would you have if they found themselves in a similar situation?

Also, on a side note, I know this may sound crazy, but can you actually be covered by the home owner's insurance policy? Have you considered talking to your brother in law and potentially filing a claim with them on this?

musician/lawnman
12-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Steve,
I'm really not interested in being involved with it at all anymore. Like I said you either pay for the premium, or you end up paying most of the bills with a cheaper policy when they decline coverage for alot of the procedures. They like to claim they are not "medically nessesary". Unreal how a doctor who has say 20 years in the field & 12 years of schooling orders a test, & a 2 year bachelor degree underwritting twit can just say "no he didn't NEED to do that MRI". Oddly enough, what I specialized in at the firm I was with was Affordable (limited benefit) health policies. These were primarily targeted towards the self employed, mom & pop operations that can't afford or qualify for the big major med plans out there. The problem lies in that yes they can't afford the "bumper to bumper" coverage so it's at least something right? But when something down the line isn't covered by the lesser plan they could afford now they are mad at you for selling them a lesser product. Even though you explain the program to them at the time of sale people hear what they want to hear & immediately disregard any memory of you telling them something they don't want to hear. Just like in this field... I could (& do) explain my annual programs exactly the same every time so the client knows that instead of paying per cut which gets expensive in season we can finance all those labor intensive months out over the slower months & make it one set affordable rate all year long. But every year I get a few clients around this time of year that start to flip at paying "So much this month when we only serviced the lawn a couple times! That's insane!" Now I explained it the same to the other 40 new annual clients that signed up this year & they got it.... but 4 or 5 of them swear they didn't understand or that we never informed them of this. They hear & like the better summer rate, but forget the year round payment part & now wanna pay only half the monthly rate in the off-season. Same selective memory only here the stakes aren't as high as a $20,000+ medical bill.

AllProlawn
12-20-2008, 07:54 PM
no steve it was cell u lightess a diabect thing

yes i did it was $15000.00 if i paid cash they would lower it
to $11000.00 but if i make payments it would be 15000.00
My wife lisa brother is a lawyer and he told me to file
he said it would actully help us.
i will be talking more to him on christmas since he lives in
lansing Mich and he willl be hear of the hoildays
i could selll my race car and pay for it but lisa wont let me
i built that car with my bare hands from the gound up
its our 3 child as she calls it and she said we woundnt
sell our twins now would we lol
hear steve is the photo of my feet when the Took me to the ultra sound room

Steve
12-21-2008, 12:40 AM
OH WOW! Now were both feet effected? I am not sure but it looks like both feet look swollen and are purple looking.

AllProlawn
12-21-2008, 09:05 PM
OH WOW! Now were both feet effected? I am not sure but it looks like both feet look swollen and are purple looking.

Yes both Feet i was lucky it was in my blood streem and if i t would have gotten any worse i woulnt be hear
been talking to a insrance guy he gave me a idea
i will let you know when i find out more

Steve
12-22-2008, 03:37 AM
i was lucky it was in my blood streem

WOW! You were lucky for that? I thought that was the bad! YIKES!

Keep me posted on how the insurance plan options go.

It's great you are feeling better.