PDA

View Full Version : PBX System

clarklandscaping
12-16-2008, 03:00 PM
I just got a new PBX system for my office http://www.trixbox.com and Im trying to work on my voice menu but cant seem to nail down how I should lay it out. I was wondering if anyone else here is using a PBX with a call menu that I can call and listen to to see what direction I need to go?

Steve
12-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi Shane,

What got you interested in using a PBX? What are the advantages of it?

justin_time
12-16-2008, 09:08 PM
What kind of operating system you got on there ?

I would suggest to go check in your device manager to see if your sound card has a problem or not (i'm not sure if they call it the same in Vista) but I'm an old xp fart here, i'm not used to Vista yet

clarklandscaping
12-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Well Steve,
The possibilities are endless but the most obvious to me is to send a caller to the appropriate person. Someone calling for a quote would need to speak to someone different than a current customer calling in to scedule a seasonal cleanup or to rescedule the service day. Also while I have a person on the line I can have our current advertisements playing in thier ear. It also gives callers a sense of professionalism.
There are tons of features with this system and im sure I will use other features once I get it setup.

clarklandscaping
12-17-2008, 01:41 PM
What kind of operating system you got on there ?

I would suggest to go check in your device manager to see if your sound card has a problem or not (i'm not sure if they call it the same in Vista) but I'm an old xp fart here, i'm not used to Vista yet

Im not having a sound card issue, heck the system doesnt even have a sound card in it. I was referring to my voice menus (what a caller hears when they dial my number)
The system runs linux, cenntos i belive so theres no windows sorry.

Steve
12-17-2008, 09:00 PM
I have used one before and I think the biggest problem with them is that when you set it up, you tend to go crazy with all sorts of options and forget that the caller doesn't care about all the high techness, they just want to talk to someone.

I would say keep it very simple at first. You don't want the caller getting lost in voicemail boxes.

Maybe you can use it to make outgoing calls to customers to promote a seasonal product or service and have them press 1 if they would like that service performed or something like that.

Let me know how it works out.