PDA

View Full Version : Best way to find large jobs to bid on?

clegger11
12-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Hey guys, I started my business in March of this year and had a great season. Problem is, I only did residential jobs and was not able to locate any bigger jobs for apartment buildings and large communities.

My question is, where do you find out about these large jobs that will be open for bid in the coming months?

Thanks for any advice.

I realize that I will probably have to start out doing things like restaurants, gas stations, and other small commercial properties first but I don't even know how to acquire the opportunity to bid on these types of jobs.

Steve
12-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi clegger11,

First off, here is an interesting article to help you.

Tips on how to market to commercial lawn care clients. (http://lawnchat.com/?p=208)

My question is, where do you find out about these large jobs that will be open for bid in the coming months?

Thanks for any advice.

I realize that I will probably have to start out doing things like restaurants, gas stations, and other small commercial properties first but I don't even know how to acquire the opportunity to bid on these types of jobs.

I think this comes down to meeting and knowing people. You need to find the contact people at these commercial facilities who are in charge of this. I have a bunch of free letters in the letter section (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7209) that you can use to send to the appropriate contacts.

Starting small should help make the transition easier. If you are at a gas station, ask who is in charge of the ground maintenance. Ask your local restaurant manager. Then either call them, meet them or fire off a letter. Get your business card in their hand and get them to put you on their bid list.

Hey guys, I started my business in March of this year and had a great season. Problem is, I only did residential jobs and was not able to locate any bigger jobs for apartment buildings and large communities.

What advice do you have for the newer start up lawn care business owners so far? What would you have done differently or what would you have done more the same of?