PDA

View Full Version : Why you should be the spokesman

Steve
04-07-2006, 05:01 PM
I think it is very important for a LCO to become the spokesperson for their company. Over time you build up value in your brand. Then if you want to expand you will bring much more to the table if you plan taking on partners as you expand.

Take for instance Paul Orfalea of Kinko's. The company was named after his kinked hair.

Each new Kinko's store was build by taking on partners.

Do you think this would work for you? Why or why not?

tiedeman
04-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Personally me, I don't like the idea of something else running what I built. *That is just me. *I had a very hard time with managers and trying to let them run the show. *

I just have this thing about control, of where I constantly have to have the control or I worry about things. *If I do things, then I know that it is getting done right.

Steve
04-07-2006, 05:07 PM
What if, in the future you decided to expand. And you set it up similar to the way Kinko's expanded.

You allow a business owner to buy into a branch of your company for a certain $ figure. They would then own 40% of the specific company. You would still have final say on all business decisions but you would also have someone working in a branch of your company that would have a vested interest in getting the job done and getting the job done right.

tiedeman
04-07-2006, 06:23 PM
I would rather have someone buy into the company and run it with my systems, compared to having employees

Steve
04-07-2006, 08:06 PM
How do you propose that would would?

If you were to do this?

How would someone buy into the company?

Let me hear your thoughts.

tiedeman
04-07-2006, 08:43 PM
I would set it up as franchise

Steve
04-07-2006, 09:00 PM
What's your thoughts on how a franchise would differ from what I was suggesting?