PDA

View Full Version : question

vanpraagmower
12-11-2008, 07:12 AM
ok, i have given out flyers all around town for my business, i've put some flyers at the local post office and store. does anyone know what else i could do without oversending the message?:confused:

Steve
12-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi vanpraagmower,

ok, i have given out flyers all around town for my business, i've put some flyers at the local post office and store. does anyone know what else i could do without oversending the message?

First off, don't worry about oversending the message. I don't think that is even possible. I would rather have you do it too much than not enough.

Are you going door to door and handing out flyers that way too? Did you get business cards made up as well to hand out?

legendlawn
12-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I dont think its possible to overextend the message. Also, make sure you are going door to door. You got to do the footwork!!!

Steve
12-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Also, make sure you are going door to door. You got to do the footwork!!!

Do you have any suggestions to newer lawn care businesses that are going door to door on how best to do it? What gets the best results? Just leave a flyer in the door? Knock and talk to the homeowner? When should they do this?

legendlawn
12-13-2008, 08:36 AM
I just simply put the flyer on the door, only because you can get alot more flyers out faster than the knock and talk method. However, if you are flyering and there is a homeowner outside personally hand them the flyer. Then introduce yourself and give a short, prompt presentation. I say keep it ort, because alot of people are annoyed by solicitors. Don't press a sale at this time. Your goal is to get the flyer in the customers hand, and you have done that. They will call you, if they are interested. My method for flyering is to target the neighborhood I want to flyer. Usually it is a square mile area that is surrounded by 4 main roads. Then methodically flyer every house in that neighborhood. I try to flyer on weekdays between 8 and 5 simply because of the solicitation deal. I have been talking to other people in the business in my area in their response rate is around 1 in 100 flyers or worse. Mine has been 1 in 70 so I have been satisfied.