PDA

View Full Version : Locations

GAL
04-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Just wondering where everyone is from and how business is in the other statea for me just starting to get phone cals for spring clean up and starting to book the folks for thatching jobs and I live in Montana

Steve
04-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Hi Gal,

How competitive is your market? How many competitors would you say you have in your area?

GAL
04-07-2006, 04:45 PM
there is a lot of competition here, but not all are insured just side jobs, more and more every year, what are some of other peoples price to mow and trim up a 1 acre lot

tiedeman
04-07-2006, 04:49 PM
How long is your season Gal? I would think that it would be a shorter season there

GAL
04-07-2006, 04:53 PM
In a normal year I am ussually out and about working by now but this years weather is really strange we had snow on the ground last sunday. But last year I was done mowing I believe in September.

tiedeman
04-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Wow! That is a really short year.

Don't feel bad, our weather here in Michigan is playing games with us right now as well. We received a mixture of rain and snow today. We actually had a warmer January, then March or April so far. I could have mowed in January almost. I know of some guys that actually did some fall clean ups in January.

I usually always start mowing the second week of April, but doesn't look like it this year

myrlin
04-07-2006, 08:33 PM
We live in SW Florida about 30 miles North of Ft. Myers. We had a direct hit from Hurricane Charley in August 2004. We do mowing year round. Our busy season runs April- October which are weekly mows. November- March are bi-weekly mows.