PDA

View Full Version : Mentally preparing for winter.

Steve
12-08-2008, 03:57 PM
I was talking to a friend who was telling me how Winter is the toughest time for him psychologically because he is so used to being outdoors all year long, working and making money. In the winter he is not doing any of these things and it wreaks havoc on his mind. I guess you could call it cabin fever.

Do you ever find this to happen and how do you deal with it?

EasyPro
12-08-2008, 10:32 PM
its easy . . .work year round . . . Your services is seasonal not your business. . . Running a business is a 24/7 thing . . . work on marketing and other small stuff to gear up for next year

Steve
12-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Hi Easy Pro,

Welcome to our forum.

What types of services do you suggest others offer and market?

EasyPro
12-08-2008, 11:04 PM
We are a property service company so we offer services year round . . .

Pressure Washing and Snow and Ice Mgmt in the winter month also work on your internet marketing

Steve
12-09-2008, 08:19 AM
also work on your internet marketing

What kind of advice can you offer to newer lawn care businesses just starting up when it comes to working on their internet marketing?

VPS Lawn Care
12-09-2008, 11:21 PM
i agree, it does get slower less rush to the day, but there is always something to do and offer your clients all year long.

Little's
12-10-2008, 12:03 AM
I think Im going to take more of those rainy days this winter to work on these things mentioned. Im redesigning my website right now, maybe I'll be able to get that done...

Steve
12-10-2008, 12:25 AM
I think Im going to take more of those rainy days this winter to work on these things mentioned. Im redesigning my website right now, maybe I'll be able to get that done...

What kinds of things are you looking to change on it?

Little's
12-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Well I'm not sure exactly what Im going to be doing with it, but I want to make it fun for people to visit, and have regular updates with tree related news and events, etc. But at the same time, I want to keep it fairly low maintenance. Maybe I can have a page dedicated to local nursery sales that are only good through my website, or by a printable coupon people can only get from my site.

Any ideas are helpful.

Steve
12-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Maybe you could even find some rss feeds that discuss tree care. Then you could have them pulled up on your site to look like articles from a blog.

EasyPro
12-10-2008, 11:44 PM
We offer web design and seo help

visit my pressure washing web site (http://www.easypropropertyservices.com) for a look at what we can do or just visit www.easypropropertyservices.com/webhelp