PDA

View Full Version : parking Lot Sweeping

Incrediblelandscaping
12-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Does anyone offer their commercial lots sweeping services, and or seal coating and line stripping

mhoward92
12-03-2008, 11:41 AM
never have. I would do it if i ever found someone that needed it done. It's hard to come by a business that needs it. well for me at least

Steve
12-03-2008, 01:12 PM
One of our forum members on here a little while back found some pretty good success with the parking lot sweeping by using a leaf blower (http://gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7099&highlight=parking+sweeping&page=4) in the parking lot at night.

What got you thinking about offering those services?

legendlawn
12-03-2008, 04:03 PM
One of my competitors offers it. They have a actual street sweeper, and do all the Wal-Marts. They do the Wal-Marts here DAILY. A couple years back they added a building services division that includes this service.

Steve
12-03-2008, 04:36 PM
One of my competitors offers it. They have a actual street sweeper, and do all the Wal-Marts. They do the Wal-Marts here DAILY. A couple years back they added a building services division that includes this service.

Do you ever get a chance to talk to them about it? Would you like to offer those services too?

legendlawn
12-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Yea, A good friend of mine works for them, so I get some of the inside scoop. They have been around since 93 so they are well established and run a very efficient business model. In many ways I am trying to emulate them while still creating my own identity. I would like to offer that service one day, but I am not sure what it would take. The street sweeper itself is very very expensive.

legendlawn
12-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Wasn't sure on the price of the sweeper. I checked into it and found a used one that is similar to theirs for $60 grand

Steve
12-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Yea, A good friend of mine works for them, so I get some of the inside scoop. They have been around since 93 so they are well established and run a very efficient business model. In many ways I am trying to emulate them while still creating my own identity. I would like to offer that service one day, but I am not sure what it would take. The street sweeper itself is very very expensive.

Is there any way you can find out how they land their parking lot cleaning jobs? Also possibly how much they bid for them? It would be interesting to hear. Maybe if you have your friend get on here he could tell us too!

legendlawn
12-04-2008, 08:44 AM
I will see what I can find out. I'm pretty it started through their mowing and landscaping. Also, I think they just filled a niche, because I havent seen anybody else doing it. My friend just started working there this season, but he has been in the industry for a long time. I continue to"work on him" to get new ideas and see what they are doing over there at his job

Steve
12-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Could you do smaller parking lots yourself with a leaf blower? I have seen others on here do that (http://lawnchat.com/?p=195).