PDA

View Full Version : Christmas cards

justin_time
11-27-2008, 01:46 PM
It's almost December 1st and I was wondering when are you suppose to start sending your x-mas cards to your customers/suppliers ?

I did that last year but I don't remember when I sent them

Steve
11-27-2008, 04:08 PM
That is a good question. I would think the sooner the better because they might hang them up and it would keep your name up on a wall for a longer period of time.

What are you doing for Christmas cards?

justin_time
11-27-2008, 05:44 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/X_2275_Front.jpg\

In the card it quotes

Seasons Greetings
Just in Time Yard Service

Wishes that Christmas and the New Year will bring you health, happiness and propertity!

Steve
11-27-2008, 05:57 PM
That is an awesome card!

justin_time
11-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Here's the site

http://www.pauloxmanpublishing.com/business.aspx?cat=GardeningLandscaping&qty=&gh=&gb=&h1=&h2=&imp=&impMult=0&bn=&ba=&bcsz=&orderno=

Steve
11-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Very nice!

Do you sign each one? Do you write any personal notes in it? What about including any marketing material?

justin_time
11-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Very nice!

Do you sign each one? Do you write any personal notes in it? What about including any marketing material?

What kind of marketing material I should be adding ? I'm thinking fridge magnets or something, i don't know

Steve
11-28-2008, 12:51 PM
That would be pretty cool actually. You could even include a few business cards. Maybe you have some kind of coupon for a free 'xxxxxxxxx' what ever it is. Maybe even something they could pass on to a few friends or neighbors. What about a free aeration? Would that be worth while to get people to call you in the spring or fall and keep you in their minds? Maybe what about some holiday decorations? Maybe a % off holiday decorations?

justin_time
12-03-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm thinking of making a coupon pre-pay for season 2009 and save 10%

If I remember correctly, I sent my cards 10 days before x-mas ? Is this too late ?

Steve
12-03-2008, 05:04 PM
That sounds awesome Justin. It will be neat to see what kind of response you get for the prepay. Will they have to pay by a certain time to get that discount?

justin_time
12-03-2008, 06:03 PM
That sounds awesome Justin. It will be neat to see what kind of response you get for the prepay. Will they have to pay by a certain time to get that discount?

Well since it's winter time over here, and we'll be having snow until end of march, maybe start of april, I'd figure they would have to sign up by March 31st, but that seems so long.

Steve
12-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Justin you always get me thinking more!

Here is another idea. Now this may not work in your current card set up, but what if you had made up some Christmas cards with a photo of a local landmark, maybe with snow or holiday lights on it. Then on the back of the card in smaller letters say the photo was taken by you and have a link to your business and website.

Then maybe you could give out like 5 or 10 of these Christmas cards and envelopes to your customers. They could then use them to mail off to their friends. This could help you promote your business and it would be a gift as well!

It would be really wild if you dressed up as santa and made your mower to look like a sleigh and had that as your photo for the card! How much fun would that be!

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_mGmiQrVE92g/R3SViSGhV4I/AAAAAAAAJns/CZ_Gn3Sk0bU/s640/DSC03270.JPG