PDA

View Full Version : Selling your own bbq sauce

Steve
11-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Do you love to bbq? Have you made your own bbq sauce? Well maybe this video will inspire you to explore the idea of creating your own bbq sauce business. Texas Best bbq sauce.

http://money.cnn.com/video/smallbusiness/#/video/fsb/2008/11/10/fsb.makeover.texbest.smb

One of the things that I thought stood out with this business video is how when you create such a product and sell it in stores, if you are lucky, a larger store will contact you and say they want it. This happened to Texas Best and as we see in the video, one of the business experts said they really should focus on being a regional player and not go national until they can get their ducks lined up.

Going from a local supplier to a regional to a national supplier takes loads of money. You can easily get yourself sunk if you grow too fast. I would much rather take my time and build up the aura of the brand locally first before I did anything else. Create a feeding frenzy for the product. Tell the story of how it was started. Then as demand grows, scale up your production at a sustainable pace, or sub-contract out the production of it, if feasible.

What's your view?

justin_time
11-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Just in Time for BBQ Sauce, I can just see it come true :D

Steve
11-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Justin, if you had an interest in it, I know you could do it.