PDA

View Full Version : No Truck, No problem!

Steve
11-25-2008, 05:12 PM
If you wanted to start your lawn care business but you felt since you didn't have a truck, you couldn't get started, consider what this guy is doing.

He started a lawn care business with his bicycle and he calls it Fossil Fuel Free Lawn Care!

He is taking what makes him unique and marketing it!

What do you think of this?

Steve
11-25-2008, 05:17 PM
And another photo

justin_time
11-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Wouldn't work for me, I got too many driving involved, so biking would take days

ritchiem
11-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Now that is too funny.

There is a guy in my neck of the woods that tows a push mower behind his bike with a rope and has a gas can in a front basket. I believe he lost his license to a DUI...Ironically he now cuts the Beer Stores lawn.

Steve
11-25-2008, 08:45 PM
There is a guy in my neck of the woods that tows a push mower behind his bike with a rope and has a gas can in a front basket. I believe he lost his license to a DUI...Ironically he now cuts the Beer Stores lawn.

That is hilarious.

But on a serious note, I am glad to see him doing something productive with the options he has at hand.

If he can't drive, it's good he is utilizing a bicycle.

That is an inspiring story to show others you can do it! Don't look for excuses why you can't do something. Look for ways you CAN.

justin_time
11-25-2008, 10:00 PM
There's a guy in my neighborhood he's kind of my competition but not really since all he can do is drive his tractor around town since he never got his license to drive so yeah, he pulls a little 10 cubic yard trailer and puts his weed whacker in the back and a rake, but sometimes I don't know why he tows his trailer, he never uses his weed whacker. I've got a lot of his old customers since he does everything with the tractor and he never trimmed.

Little's
11-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Or you could do like this guy does. he pulls his mower behind the golf cart, but he was in the backyard mowing when I went by.
http://littlestreeworks.com/pics/golfcart.jpg

Steve
11-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Or you could do like this guy does. he pulls his mower behind the golf cart, but he was in the backyard mowing when I went by.

WOW Very creative! What kind of mower does he pull around? How old is he about?

Have you ever seen him advertise his business? It would be something to see signs on his golf cart.

Little's
11-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Well there is about 40 homes on this street, and it is a golf neighborhood. All the homes share the property with a gold course. So everyone of the people that live here have a golf cart. this guy lives in one of the homes. he is a firefighter, but does this on the side. I think he has about 20 or so of the homes on contract. He charges a flat 20 per service for each place. He pulls a Honda push mower behind it. He is in his 30's

Steve
11-26-2008, 10:19 PM
That is fascinating! Very creative.