PDA

View Full Version : Commerical Account

legendlawn
11-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Right now my business is 99 percent residential. I have one commerical account, however it is an industrial area, and is not your typical commercial account. It is just a building that the local T-Mobile tower techs work out of. Anyways, I have noticed that the bank I do my banking at is being neglected. Some evergreen bushes did not get treated for bagworms this year, and are dead. Also the beds have not been mulched all year. They just arn't receiving the service a commercial account should be. I want to approach them about my services, but I am not sure how to do so. I acquired the T-Mobile account from a competitor. I need some advice on how to approach the bank, commercial bidding etc. Also, the bank has a 2nd. branch in town, but I have not seen its condition.

Steve
11-24-2008, 03:29 PM
They just arn't receiving the service a commercial account should be. I want to approach them about my services, but I am not sure how to do so. I acquired the T-Mobile account from a competitor. I need some advice on how to approach the bank, commercial bidding etc. Also, the bank has a 2nd. branch in town, but I have not seen its condition.

We have seen on the forum before in situations like this, a lawn care business owner would look around the property and present a bid for proper property care.

See who there is in charge of the property maintenance, maybe the bank president? Introduce yourself and give them a bid for what you feel they need. Offer to walk them around their property to point out problem spots. This has worked for others and it could work for you too.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

legendlawn
11-25-2008, 07:30 AM
I go to the bank almost every day...but I never see anyone there except for the tellers and the lady that opens the accounts and stuff. Should I just ask her who is in charge of property maintenance? It is a small bank with only 2 branches in town. Should I just give them a bid, like I would any residential customer? We did some commercial business at the other business I was with. It seemed like it was alot more complex than the residential side of things. Let me know. Thanks for the help

Steve
11-25-2008, 09:46 AM
I go to the bank almost every day...but I never see anyone there except for the tellers and the lady that opens the accounts and stuff. Should I just ask her who is in charge of property maintenance?

I would think that would be the best way. You have an edge to because you are a customer there so they are going to be more willing to talk with you. It's a great way to get started doing this.

Should I just give them a bid, like I would any residential customer?
Yea, find out who is in charge of that and tell them you own a lawn care company and give them a bid.

Let us know how you do.

Lawncare_Express
01-19-2009, 01:19 PM
A friend of mine is the manager of an apartment complex. She asked me to submit a bid on maintaining her grounds. The info I was given was that complex owner only wants to approve 250 - 300 a week for this work. When I give her my bid should I charge them by the week or by the month. I figure by the week would be better than by the month given that some months have 5 weeks. All suggestions are welcomed.

Steve
01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
When I give her my bid should I charge them by the week or by the month. I figure by the week would be better than by the month given that some months have 5 weeks. All suggestions are welcomed.

I would think if you are going to be charging by the week, then give the quote per week, but I would say in general, it is all handled per month.

Have you looked over the property? Does that price range fit for you? How long would it take to do per week?