PDA

View Full Version : does this sound Resonable??

jwyardmasterz
11-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Im starting fall leaf clean up jobs around my way because its seems the leaves are now everywhere and im just curious if this sounds like a reasonable price. $25 hr.... plus gas & material which would end up being like $5 . Im in Virginia by the way because i know sometimes the area makes a difference. I know I have to take in the fact of certain things like takeing it away but the city would handle that most of the time. Just let me know your thoughts.

justin_time
11-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Are you raking these leaves by hand ? If you are, 25$/hr is reasonable. I did a job not too long ago and I had like 5 to 6 hrs of work, the guy helped me out and I did 4 loads to the dump site, and the guy gave me 200$ for the whole job

But next year, I'm getting a Cyclone Rake

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/CRXL_01.jpg

Visit http://www.cyclonerake.com for more details

ABurlison
11-18-2008, 07:22 PM
I kinda like the looks and ease of use of the Billy Goat Lawn Vacuum, sure looks like it would save a ton of time.

jwyardmasterz
11-18-2008, 10:02 PM
both of those are good ideas that I would jump on when I full up on work, but i have a roybi blower/vaccum. I'm missing the bag though but im thinking about jus tapeing a plastic bag to the end. Any ideas on a bag and something to attach it to the bottom of the roybi? It suppose to be a bag there but i bought it from the owner so it didnt have. I would jus buy a bag but im on a budget.

chehalemmower
11-18-2008, 11:12 PM
I use a Billy Goat Vac and I charge $60/hour here in Oregon. People love the fact that they don't have to touch their lawns. It actually makes it harder if they make piles of leaves since I have to spread them back out to suck them up (I don't have the vac hose attachment). It goes pretty quick so you can show up at a residence and get their lawn for $30 (less than 30 mins usually). They don't have a problem having you come back every week for $30. It seems they are willing to pay the $30 once in a while rather than $200 all at once. It works for me!

justin_time
11-18-2008, 11:21 PM
I use a Billy Goat Vac and I charge $60/hour here in Oregon. People love the fact that they don't have to touch their lawns. It actually makes it harder if they make piles of leaves since I have to spread them back out to suck them up (I don't have the vac hose attachment). It goes pretty quick so you can show up at a residence and get their lawn for $30 (less than 30 mins usually). They don't have a problem having you come back every week for $30. It seems they are willing to pay the $30 once in a while rather than $200 all at once. It works for me!

Yeah it makes sense when you have the equipment to do it but when your stuck doing it by hand, it's a bit harder

ABurlison
11-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah that billy goat sure does look like a great machine, Where in Oregon are you located?

Steve
11-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Im starting fall leaf clean up jobs around my way because its seems the leaves are now everywhere and im just curious if this sounds like a reasonable price. $25 hr.... plus gas & material which would end up being like $5 .

How did you come up with this price? How much do you charge per hour for lawn mowing?

Little's
11-19-2008, 05:58 PM
ABurlison, your not too far from me. I live just south a little in Redding. Nice to know we have a few from the West Coast on here!

ABurlison
11-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh yeah, right on, that's not very far at all, like 2 hours away I think.