PDA

View Full Version : Always Check!!!!

tiedeman
04-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Man, talk about saving my neck. *I almost ruined this guys mini golf course.

So a guy calls up, wants me to give him some prices tomorrow for taking care of his mini golf course that he has. *No problem I say. *He tells me that it is mostly bentgrass. *No problem I say....well problem.

I was smart enough to pull up my product labels and realize that I can not apply my combo products on his bentgrass. *So I went online, looked up some safe products that I could apply and one website said Dimension. *No problem I thought, I can pick that up at Lesco...problem.

I was smart enough to go to Lescos website and pull up the information about their Dimension. *I can not apply that on bentgrass either. *Back to the drawing board. *

This is one customer that I might have to surrender to, admit defeat, and move on.

kc2006
04-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Go make friends with the guys at the local golf course and drill them on what they're using? Could work possibly.

Steve
04-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Wouldn't someone at Lesco have a suggestion for you on what to use?

tiedeman
04-06-2006, 01:44 PM
I looked at Lesco, and none of their products are really safe to use on it.

I went to the guys house just to take a look at it and it's pretty cool. *He has three greens setup that are really sharp looking. *The only major problem that I noticed he has is snow mold

I am still looking around though for some possible products that I can use on that bentgrass

Steve
04-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Here are some turf grass forums I found that may be able to help?

http://forums.lawncare.com/forum/index.cfm?forumid=1
http://www.uoguelph.ca/GTI/tmbb.htm

tiedeman
04-06-2006, 04:11 PM
thanks for the info. Ya, I can't use the Scotts on it. I already checked. I am looking at either Andersons or Outsidepride right now.

I have checked with Scotts, Lesco, Lebanon, Greenview, and none of them will work. The only one that is close is Lesco, but the Lesco guy told me that he wasn't totally sure about it.