PDA

View Full Version : rough week

quickcleanlawn
11-17-2008, 09:03 PM
It all starts when I get one of those courtisy call from the light company,(wensday evening) saying that my bill was pass due, and that it was due for disconnect on friday. So I call to find out how much I needed to pay and the automated service tells me $860 some odd dollars is pass due from last month, and almost $300 due now :eek:, I asked how it was possible that my bill is so much when my home is mostly gas. they replied thats what the meter read. (B.S.!)
Here is the part you didn't know. I have two accounts one for my home and one for my mothers home which is all electric and twice the amount of people living in it, and there bill have averaged $200- $250 all summer long, while mine was on an average of $500- $600. now something just dont make since.
Allright, me being the genius I am, I call them to have it disconected and to send my final bill. (done ) then I have my wife call and have them turn it on in her name. ( not that easy) they tell her they have to run an investigation first and it could take up to 14 days (crap):mad: So now Im going the weekend with no lights. worked my *** off all weekend long to make the money to pay the bill in full so they can turn it back on.( did that)
Monday morning (today) I go to the payment center pay it haul *** home , call entergy to get some crazy nut job telling me I have to pay another $1000:eek: . I ask why he replies its a pass due balance (more B.S.)after arguing for an hour or longer they hang the phone up on me.:mad:
Ok , now its almost dark, so I load the kids up in the van go to the store for dinner, get home to see my house lit up like a christmas tree.
Cant remember where I was going with this but thats how my weekend went.
how did yours go.

Steve
11-18-2008, 11:44 AM
WoW!

Is there any possibility they misread the meter? Could you read it and give them the latest reading and see if it differed?

ritchiem
11-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry you had a crappy week Blaine. I wish I could tell you mine was worse. I always call in my hydro readings and get exact bills and never estimates on the previous months (don't know if they do that in the states). It is crazy what we are all paying for energy these days.

quickcleanlawn
11-18-2008, 02:09 PM
WoW!

Is there any possibility they misread the meter? Could you read it and give them the latest reading and see if it differed?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they eather misread it or they mixed my moms house up with mine. both accounts are in my name and my moms house used to average around $600 a month until I switched it in my name now mine is more than hers.
they cant mix it up anymore becouse I have my house in my wifes name now.
we'll see next month.
I also plan on keeping track of the meter readings myself also.

quickcleanlawn
11-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorry you had a crappy week Blaine. I wish I could tell you mine was worse. I always call in my hydro readings and get exact bills and never estimates on the previous months (don't know if they do that in the states). It is crazy what we are all paying for energy these days.

You guys call in your own redings up there?