PDA

View Full Version : Snow removal

lawnindustryconsultants.com
11-11-2008, 07:38 AM
I want to see how many companies do snow removal. So if you do snow removal in your state submit a reply.

Steve if you could make a poll out of this.

R&B Enterprise
11-11-2008, 07:56 AM
I want to see how many companies do snow removal. So if you do snow removal in your state submit a reply.

yes i offer snow removal Commercial and residential.

lawnindustryconsultants.com
11-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Can you tell us what kind of contracts you offer?

What type of work?

Steve
11-11-2008, 02:18 PM
You should be able to make a poll in your initial post. I can't do it after the fact. Try a test in the community section if you'd like.

pburghlawns
10-22-2013, 09:39 PM
i offer both residential & commercial snow removal, with some side work for local villages ( less traffic roads)

BelleCityLawn1
10-23-2013, 07:01 AM
I offer residential & commercial snow removal, plowing, snd salting. I've. Been getting so many calls this year I added another truck and I'm almost full already!

Thanks,
Tim Oezer

kslawn
10-23-2013, 09:48 AM
I offer snow plowing for commercial and residential and salting. Shoveling and also banking customer's house up, this saves them on their heat bill. I used to offer roof shoveling too but insurance started to cost to much...wasn't worth the cost and the work it entailed to do it so I cut it out all together.

CDLAWNCARE
10-23-2013, 01:28 PM
I offer Commercial and Residential snow plowing, roof, deck, and walkway shoveling.

chingchuy
10-28-2013, 09:41 AM
I also offer snow removal, snow blowing and plowing. steps, walkways etc. if needed at an extra cost.

my rate for residential is low $35 to high of $75 so far per time.
monthly rate of what I think per time x 15 divided by 5 so usually around 600-650
seasonal rate of around 500 - 650 less paperwork for me. i do have one at 900 they want back deck and part of the back yard done for the dog

hemiman
10-28-2013, 09:57 PM
I do Commercial and residential snow plowing, Parking lots, driveways and sidewalks

Cashin H&P
10-29-2013, 05:59 AM
80% commercial 20% residential. Next year I am hoping to be 100% commercail for snow removal. I HATE plowing drive ways.

Steve
10-29-2013, 04:03 PM
80% commercial 20% residential. Next year I am hoping to be 100% commercail for snow removal. I HATE plowing drive ways.

Is it a concern at all not performing snow removal for your lawn care customers? Would that open the door for the customer to build a relationship then with another snow plowing / lawn care provider?

Cashin H&P
10-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Is it a concern at all not performing snow removal for your lawn care customers? Would that open the door for the customer to build a relationship then with another snow plowing / lawn care provider?

I have put alot of thought into this and I actually only plow 10 or 12 of my lawn care customers, the rest either have a family member who has a plow/they snow blow them selves or pay some old guy 15 bucks to do it when I would charge 35-40 for the same drive way. Residential plowing is such a cut throat business up here. Any one can buy a truck and start plowing drivways, half of the jerk offs doing it down here are not insured and just hack every thing to peaces but they are charging less then half of what I would. Commercial snow removal takes proper equipment, insurance, the know how to preform the large jobs. Sure, I may loose some lawns by not providing snow removal to them but the revenue I make from those lawns is more the doubled by winter contracts. My average winter contract is 6k not including salt. I make much more money plowing then I do doing lawn care.

Steve
10-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Very interesting.

What are your thoughts on this.

With those customers that want to find the cheapest snow removal contractor irregardless of if they are insured or not, how are they as lawn care customers then? Are they the same way? Is their main concern price? Or is it different with lawn care?

Cashin H&P
11-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Very interesting.

What are your thoughts on this.

With those customers that want to find the cheapest snow removal contractor irregardless of if they are insured or not, how are they as lawn care customers then? Are they the same way? Is their main concern price? Or is it different with lawn care?

Plowing can be expensive if a customer hires me. During the bilzzard (18-25 inches) we had up here some customers bills for that storm exceded $500. Therefore some people dont want to hire me for plowing. For lawn care they expect a certin quality that the low ballers can not meet.

Steve
11-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Could the plowing be done for cheaper if a residential customer elected to only be plowed once at the end of the storm? Or when storms are that big, you just can't plow at the end?

Cashin H&P
11-04-2013, 02:53 PM
I refuse to abuse my equipment and plow at the end of a big storm just to save the customer money. I had people call me to plow the driveways at the end of the blizzard and I billed them over $200 to plow there driveway once. Pushing that much snow at one time is a really good way to kill your equipment.

Steve
11-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Would there be a market for having a smaller tractor that has the ability to use a bucket and a quick attach plow?

Maybe then such one time per storm customers could be charged a little more but not as much as they would be charged if they paid based on a snow height trigger.

Maybe a tractor could move snow out of the way better with a bucket. But then it might not be worth it if there are other competitors willing to plow after a storm.

Cashin H&P
11-04-2013, 08:04 PM
No residential sucks and its really not worth the money in my honest opinion. I can make alot more money doing commercial work with out the headaches. I will be doing only comercial work next year.

LawnBoy0311
11-05-2013, 05:34 AM
No residential sucks and its really not worth the money in my honest opinion. I can make alot more money doing commercial work with out the headaches. I will be doing only comercial work next year.

The guy I worked for when I was in high school did commercial only. After reading your responses from Steve, I see why!

kslawn
11-05-2013, 07:16 AM
I refuse to abuse my equipment and plow at the end of a big storm just to save the customer money. I had people call me to plow the driveways at the end of the blizzard and I billed them over $200 to plow there driveway once. Pushing that much snow at one time is a really good way to kill your equipment.

This is why I changed the amount or " trigger depth" for all my Residentials. Its 4-6" and any more if fluffy light snow isn't bad, but the heavy snow kills you're equipment, cashin is right on with that.

Cashin H&P
11-05-2013, 11:47 AM
This is why I changed the amount or " trigger depth" for all my Residentials. Its 4-6" and any more if fluffy light snow isn't bad, but the heavy snow kills you're equipment, cashin is right on with that.

My trigger depth is 3 inches.

American L&T
11-19-2013, 10:05 PM
I do both com & res. I have 7 com, 2 res nets about 1700 after my Costs. I could do a lot more but I have no desire I'm pleased with what I have and for short amount of time it takes me to do them.

American L&T
11-19-2013, 10:12 PM
These are also lawn care customers of mine. They are good ppl to work for are right on top of paying, with in a pay or 2 of any services that is why I don't expand anymore