PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving cards

Steve
11-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Is anyone sending out Thanksgiving cards this year?

http://www.gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/images/thanksgiving-card.jpg

Steve
11-27-2014, 09:51 AM
This is an older post but I wanted to bring it back up.

One of the benefits of sending out Thanksgiving Day Cards is that it is not a holiday a lot of people send cards on, therefor your card would stand out.

If you send cards out multiple times a year, on those not so popular card sending holidays, you can build up more awareness of your company. And ultimately sell more services.

stevef1201
11-27-2014, 11:36 AM
Sent out Christmas Cards last week.

achri12
11-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Sent out Christmas Cards last week.

I think its a little to late now, should have posted this as a reminder when you sent yours out.

stevef1201
11-28-2014, 03:25 PM
as long as you get them out the first week of December. It is most important to send them to those who you have little contact with this time of year. Christmas / News Year now, then in in January send out the Washington's birthday card. etc.. If you live in Canada use your national holiday. also don't for get the local holidays. I use cards to remind people that I am still in business (important when you think about the number of 'companies' who quit, and to try and get them to think about 'upsells'. Like Washington's birthday will include something about over seeding, fertilizing, gutter cleaning, etc

Steve
12-01-2014, 10:33 AM
This brings up a good point about holiday card marketing, what should be included in the card?

Should it simply be a card with a personalized note in it or should it include more? An offer maybe? A gift? An appeal for referrals? Or maybe something else?

stevef1201
12-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Mine are just a card with my name and my business name. My sales pitch is sent in another envelope. I think that companies that send a merry Christmas come buy this that or the other from us a gouache and go right in to the trash- I also try to not visit that company in the future.

SGL1
12-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Had Vistaprint do some Christmas ("Holiday", don't want to offend anyone, even though if they're offended I'd be apt to fire them) cards for me I'm sending out next week.

stevef1201
12-02-2014, 06:35 AM
Had Vistaprint do some Christmas ("Holiday", don't want to offend anyone, even though if they're offended I'd be apt to fire them) cards for me I'm sending out next week.

I am CHRISTIAN. I say Merry Christmas. If that offends you -tough. I am offended by all those who try to remove GOD from our lives.

SGL1
12-02-2014, 08:38 AM
I am CHRISTIAN. I say Merry Christmas. If that offends you -tough. I am offended by all those who try to remove GOD from our lives.

Hey same here. But when it comes to money and my livelihood, with everyone being so damn pc nowadays I opted for Happy Holidays. I know I do have at least one Jewish lady lol.

stevef1201
12-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Hey same here. But when it comes to money and my livelihood, with everyone being so damn pc nowadays I opted for Happy Holidays. I know I do have at least one Jewish lady lol.

I got 2 Jews, and 3 Muslims. They understand that I am Christian, when I see them I say merry Christmas, they both answer with thank you, and either Happy Hanukah, or something that means May every year find you in good health. Sometimes I even get a merry Christmas back.I respect YOUR religion I just ask that you respect mine.

SGL1
12-02-2014, 11:11 PM
I got 2 Jews, and 3 Muslims. They understand that I am Christian, when I see them I say merry Christmas, they both answer with thank you, and either Happy Hanukah, or something that means May every year find you in good health. Sometimes I even get a merry Christmas back.I respect YOUR religion I just ask that you respect mine.

Fine you're right. I had 'em change all the cards. They charged me. Sending you the invoice. :D

P.S. Also discussed it with my priest. He slapped me and made me say 20 Our Fathers and 40 Hail Mary's.