PDA

View Full Version : Trailer marketing/advertising

justin_time
11-05-2008, 10:53 PM
I'd tought i'd start a new thread since it would be easier to search.

Anyways, I just wanted to show everybody that you can get your local dealer to get you some company stickers (Stihl, Husqvarna, Shindaiwa, and any other company of equipment that you use)

I currently got some Stihl stickers applied (view picture)

Hope this inspires everybody to do the same

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/DSC02381.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/DSC02380.jpg

Steve
11-06-2008, 06:28 AM
Justin, the trailer looks great. Do you have any advice for other lawn care business owners on how to go about getting these stickers from local dealers?

justin_time
11-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Justin, the trailer looks great. Do you have any advice for other lawn care business owners on how to go about getting these stickers from local dealers?

All you basically have to do is ask your dealer, mine said no problem. I'm sure they'd be happy to get you some for free

LawncareMarketingMagic
11-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Question for Justin, have you found that having the stickers helps generate business?

Establishing credibility is definitely an important factor in successful marketing and I'm wondering if the stickers help with that? Do your customers know the value in using one particular brand over another? If so, does this help influence their buying decision?

Again, I ask the question because it's something I've often thought about but have never really received a clear response.

Thanks!

justin_time
11-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Question for Justin, have you found that having the stickers helps generate business?

Establishing credibility is definitely an important factor in successful marketing and I'm wondering if the stickers help with that? Do your customers know the value in using one particular brand over another? If so, does this help influence their buying decision?

Again, I ask the question because it's something I've often thought about but have never really received a clear response.

Thanks!

I don't know, that's why i'm doing it to find out how much more business I do with the sponsor stickers on my trailer, I mind as well do it, there's no cost to me and there's space on the trailer to do it so why not.

I don't think my customers are a factor of what kind of equipment I use, as long as I get the job done, i think that's the most important, I guess the equipment would be the 2nd factor of all why I'm doing a good job.

So by this time next year, I will have a response for you

I will keep track of where did they get my name all year, and hopefully it will come from the trailer

musician/lawnman
11-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Justin,

I think you would be better served to have stickers with your company name & logo made & put them on there. I have my trailer all done up as you know & I once thought about putting brand name stickers on there for the equipment I use. Then I tought well, as I travel down the road or sit at a stop light people only have a few seconds to read the trailer. I want them reading my company name, logo & phone number. I don't want them distracted by Echo, Yazoo, Exmark or any other stickers on there. So unless Echo decides to "sponsor" me & provide free gear..... My trailer, my name is the only one on it.

justin_time
11-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Justin,

I think you would be better served to have stickers with your company name & logo made & put them on there. I have my trailer all done up as you know & I once thought about putting brand name stickers on there for the equipment I use. Then I tought well, as I travel down the road or sit at a stop light people only have a few seconds to read the trailer. I want them reading my company name, logo & phone number. I don't want them distracted by Echo, Yazoo, Exmark or any other stickers on there. So unless Echo decides to "sponsor" me & provide free gear..... My trailer, my name is the only one on it.

Don't worry, I've got a tailgate sign, and i'm getting some letters done on the sides (where i've put the circles). Getting the letters done in the spring, I will get 2 husqvarna stickers to put next to that.

I will put 1 on the ramp, and one on the opposite side of the trailer

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/trailersigns.jpg

Steve
11-07-2008, 07:30 AM
I think in life there are plenty of things we do just because we want to. I know that there would be a time when I would do this simply because I thought it looked cool :) and that would be enough reason for me to do it.

It reminds me of a story about the band Stone Temple Pilots. I once heard the guitarist say when he was younger, he had a stp sticker on his bike's banana seat and he liked it so much that he decided he would create some meaning of what stp stood for and it became Stone Temple Pilots.

http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/stp.gif

I am glad Justin is experimenting. I am also glad others on here like Chuck and Chestin are pointing out that you need to brand you. For me, a lot of times, I'd rather have fun with something than have to process the thought through my business mind and figure out if that decision is gonna make money or not.

I am thankful to many of our friends on here because they have helped broaden my mind and helped me see things in a different light.

I now see the importance of real estate on things such as trailers to help get my message out but I still like to have fun at times.

What would be really cool is if we had someone on here that could come up with a logo for Justin that he really thought was awesome and then I bet he would have that logo everywhere!

Does anyone else ever find they do things just cause they look cool to them?

Elitelawncare
12-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Question Justin on your trailer set-up. How the right side has that extra ramp, I was wondering if that was custom or if it was purchase like that?

As for your trailer with signs, I have my trailer sides done and rear ramp done, as well I have a foldable sign I take out and put in front of the truck when im mowing. I notice once and awhile people slowing down to look at the signs.

justin_time
12-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Custom ordered like that.

I am getting my lettering done in the spring (logo) and i'm getting more stickers to apply on the trailer, I think it will be a rolling billboard

Steve
12-06-2008, 04:30 PM
As for your trailer with signs, I have my trailer sides done and rear ramp done, as well I have a foldable sign I take out and put in front of the truck when im mowing. I notice once and awhile people slowing down to look at the signs.

I'd love to see pictures of that!