PDA

View Full Version : average contracts for single person company

lazyhusband
11-05-2008, 12:35 PM
for the single person crew how many contracts are average to maintain a healthy income. i was thinking 40 my brother in law does good on 25 but he also does hauling of brush and debris as well. i am only doing lawn cutting and trimming with some hedge cutting and gutter cleaning. my average is $25 per cut in columbus ohio. i am a partner right now with only 10 lawns per week.

Steve
11-06-2008, 05:52 AM
What would the average contracted customer bring in annually? How many cuts at $25 per cut?

Also what is your goal for income? What range would you be happy with?

ABurlison
11-07-2008, 09:40 AM
for the single person crew how many contracts are average to maintain a healthy income. i was thinking 40 my brother in law does good on 25 but he also does hauling of brush and debris as well. i am only doing lawn cutting and trimming with some hedge cutting and gutter cleaning. my average is $25 per cut in columbus ohio. i am a partner right now with only 10 lawns per week.

I wouldn't be so worried about the amount of contracts but rather the amount of income, and what you can accomplish within a week by yourself, without working too many hours.

I have 25 accounts for a monthly gross income of $4700, and the only help I receive is on Fridays, my buddy helps me all day for $100/week. I could actually accomplish all the work myself, but the help on Fridays is very nice.
Most of my accounts are larger complexes, with only a handful of residential customers.

When I first started, I went to every property management company and introduced myself, and started with a few on some smaller projects, and worked my way up within the year to larger complexes. I would say 90% of my customers are projects where a previous service provider was terminated and I was hired in thier place.

So if there's any advice I could give out, would be make sure you do the little things like pull the weeds and rake the flower beds, oh yeah and keep that grass green, cause these things are what people want and expect, and matter most.

Steve
11-08-2008, 05:49 AM
I have 25 accounts for a monthly gross income of $4700, and the only help I receive is on Fridays, my buddy helps me all day for $100/week. I could actually accomplish all the work myself, but the help on Fridays is very nice.
Most of my accounts are larger complexes, with only a handful of residential customers.

How close to your working capacity do you feel you are at? Are you maxed out at 100% or do you feel you still could take on more accounts?

ABurlison
11-08-2008, 11:05 AM
How close to your working capacity do you feel you are at? Are you maxed out at 100% or do you feel you still could take on more accounts?

I would say with the help I get on Fridays, I'm at 80% Capacity, This includes taking care of a few properties close to the house on Saturdays. I work very fast and efficient and work hard, all of this not skimping on any detail of the work to be done, which is why I've been fairly successful.

Its funny I've pulled up to a house to work and see another lawn care guy at a house next door already mowing, with yards of equal size, I'm done and pulling away and this guy is still edging, with blowing down still left. I think some guys assume the longer they are there the better job their doing?? I can also see this same guy doesn't pull the weeds in the landscaping?? Some people out there I guess are just out to make a quick buck, but I'm in it for a lifetime. Even when I can't do the work anymore, I'll either hire someone to work for me or get 1 of my 4 boys to do it.

Steve
11-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Its funny I've pulled up to a house to work and see another lawn care guy at a house next door already mowing, with yards of equal size, I'm done and pulling away and this guy is still edging, with blowing down still left. I think some guys assume the longer they are there the better job their doing??

What do you think contributes to your ability to work faster?

ABurlison
11-08-2008, 11:17 AM
What do you think contributes to your ability to work faster?

I would basically say speed, I don't dilly-dally around like I see some of these guys doing, I get in, get the work done, and get out. I suppose I get into a routine and get a consistent work pattern. I simply go from 1 step to the next without stopping, I guess you could say I'm great at time management.

cklandscapingorlando
11-09-2008, 06:38 AM
I would basically say speed, I don't dilly-dally around like I see some of these guys doing, I get in, get the work done, and get out. I suppose I get into a routine and get a consistent work pattern. I simply go from 1 step to the next without stopping, I guess you could say I'm great at time management.

The dilly dally saves you time put its your routine that makes the money.In Florida if you edge before you mow then you'll have compressed moist dirt on the concrete.That takes alot longer to clean.Also if you line trim first you have to trim with both sides of the trimmer head but if you cut first then your only using one side.I've out worked up to 3 others at once