PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Lights

Adair's Landscape
11-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Any ideas on what to charge on Christmas light installation or marketing idas?

Steve
11-04-2008, 05:16 AM
I would experiment with your house first and get a rough estimate how much time it takes to hang certain lights. Then once you have an idea, you could double the time because you need to put the lights up and come back after the holidays to take them down.

We have a bunch of free flyers (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7200) you can use to promote your holiday lighting services.

Let us know how this goes.

Also take some pictures of your holiday light installs, even if they are on your own home. I'd love to see what you come up with and let us know how the marketing is going.

Is anyone else going to offer this?

quickcleanlawn
11-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I think I going to try again. I'm in the same boat as Adair's not sure how t charge, A few years ago I was offering to delivering christams trees for people that dint have trucks and made a few extra bucks delivering a tree from the lot to a ladies home across town,but she was the only one.

Steve
11-04-2008, 08:58 AM
A few years ago I was offering to delivering christams trees for people that dint have trucks and made a few extra bucks delivering a tree from the lot to a ladies home across town,but she was the only one.

Oh that is very interesting! How did you market that? Would you offer that again or no? How do you plan on standing out this year with your holiday lighting marketing?

mhoward92
11-06-2008, 12:13 PM
LOL, I have to admit. for some reason Christmas light hanging is one thing I will NOT do. I don't know why but I just can't stand it. I'd rather rake a 3 acre yard with a childs rake and bag it in little grocery bags, rather then hang christmas lights haha.

EatingEmoKids
11-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Some one mentioned that I should do this 2 years ago before I even thought about landscaping.. I think it could be a great way to earn some cash, I'm also not sure how to charge and I'm not to fond of heights so it's probably not the best job for some one like me haha..

justin_time
11-06-2008, 09:47 PM
I want to try that flyer that says Haul your christmas tree away as a flyer this year, since I am not in school anymore, I hope it works out.

Steve
11-07-2008, 06:19 AM
Let us know how it goes Justin.